Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 10:56 AM   #1351
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Caroline Wozniacki

Sad I had to withdraw from Stuttgart today. Sorry to everyone who was gonna come out to support me!

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:28 AM   #1352
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Last year she lost first match at Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, and Brussels.
So she should let this heal fully, as long as it takes.
She has to improve her game. Just playing and losing early isnt helping her.
I think she consider skipping the whole clay season. Study tapes of how she played from spring 2010-summer 2011, and have serious practice sessions when she's healthy. And not worry about rushing back when she isnt going to get far on clay anyway.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:52 PM   #1353
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Caro can't play another International tournament until the 2nd part of the season. She's restricted to one per half of the season because of her top 10 status at the end of 2013 & she already played in Monterrey.
It doesn't matter that she's not top 10 anymore? That makes no sense. So this means that Halep could play in as many internationals as she wants even though she's number 5 now?
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:12 PM   #1354
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
It doesn't matter that she's not top 10 anymore? That makes no sense. So this means that Halep could play in as many internationals as she wants even though she's number 5 now?
Yes that's how the rules work. That's why from a strictly rankings perspective it's a disadvantage to finish the year #10 over #11. Especially as internationals tend to offer a lot of easy point opportunities when by definition it's hard for them to have tough fields.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 06:29 AM   #1355
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Last year she said she was motivated going into Doha, then had a QF, SF, and Final at IW.
After that is when everything totally collapsed. Its over a year now where Luxembourg is the only final she played in.
Caroline has to make some tough decisions. If she stays on the tour playing like this, she will never be thought of as a good player.
And she was a young superstar, even less than 3 years ago.

Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:20 PM   #1356
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

So sad Caroline had to withdraw from Stuttgart

In YEC Race Caroline is only ranked #19

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #1357
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

anw news on her health?

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #1358
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
anw news on her health?
She's practicing in Monaco! I guess her wrist is ok!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #1359
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
So sad Caroline had to withdraw from Stuttgart

In YEC Race Caroline is only ranked #19
19 is after all hard court events. She used to be one of the best on hard court. Who knows what's coming on clay.

Old Apr 30th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #1360
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
19 is after all hard court events. She used to be one of the best on hard court. Who knows what's coming on clay.
Well really she was lower than that at one point, If I right she was ranked at 28-32 around the time when she played at Doha, so it an small improvement up the ranking as for as the race to YEC go. I truly not so worried about the YEC atm, I more worried about her health right now, that matter more than the YEC, plus there still an a lot tennis too be played for this yr
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #1361
country flag Suit Up!

Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Still beating kvitova

TENNIS TIPPING
SINGLES - RANK: 122 TITLES: 2014 Prague 100K+H
DOUBLES - RANK: 148 (w/ the walking bye) TITLES: 2014 Barnstaple 25K (w/ the walking bye)
Suit Up! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #1362
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniackiaus View Post
Still beating kvitova
Kvitova is not a consistent player.
But Caroline used to be the most consistent. So losing early every major and losing early so many tournaments with only one final in over a year is very worrisome.
I could understand some temporary burnout 2-3 years ago, but this is now her form, and outside the top 10 in rankings and the YEC race is where she is playing at these days, these years.

Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:27 PM   #1363
country flag goldenlox

Caroline's round 1 match is with Makarova

Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:27 PM   #1364
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro plays Makarova in R1

Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:27 PM   #1365
country flag CWTennis

Bye Caro