Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 89 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #1321
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

I hope she can turn things around, because history wont be kind.
Kournikova was in a Wimbledon semifinal at 16. 2nd youngest ever. Was in the Miami final at 16.
She beat Davenport and Capriati several times, beat Seles and Hingis and a lot of good players.
People talk about her like she was a model who couldnt play tennis.

Caroline keeps playing like this, people will say it was weak era, she was never any good.
I can see it coming from that GM thread.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #1322
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Kournikova was in a Wimbledon semifinal at 16. 2nd youngest ever. Was in the Miami final at 16.
She beat Davenport and Capriati several times, beat Seles and Hingis and a lot of good players.

Caroline keeps playing like this, people will say it was weak era, she was never any good.
GM is hardly a point of reference though. Besides, they don't like pretty blondes as a rule.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #1323
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the Stuttgart draw. Caroline plays Kanepi, who beat her at FO after leading 61 51

[1] A. Radwanska vs BYE
Vinci vs Q
Pavlyuchenkova vs Q
Safarova vs [6] Sharapova

[4] Kerber vs BYE
Suarez Navarro vs Makarova
Wozniacki vs Kanepi
Koukalova vs [8] Errani

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #1324
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Truly this is not an bad draw hopefully she take advantage of this draw
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #1325
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know what you mean with Kournikova. And the longer Caro plays at the level she's been playing at, the more forgotten or to the back of the mind is what she achieved. I know what she achieved and also what Kournikova achieved can't ever be taken away. But people forget. People come in who never knew what she was like. And even when we know what she was like - her subsequent level since 2011 dilutes her achievements back then.

I think this weak era thing and actively trying to diminish what Caro achieved rather than just forgetting or not knowing is just GM though. When you point out what Kournikova achieved in her early years - you don't see people trying to rubbish those achievements. But there are people who never realised what they were or have put it to the back of their mind until/unless pointed out.

In fact as far as GM is concerned - go into any Caro's result thread nowadays. I'd say about 80% of comments are positive and supportive of her although there won't be that many posts. Contrast that with here on her forum and it's way more negative and critical of her here.

But discuss what she was like and her results 2010-2011 when she was #1 in GM and she was apparently rubbish, the worst #1 ever, only there because it was a weak era and "vultured" the #1 spot by playing lots of small tournaments. So I don't think GM is the way to compare.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #1326
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
On clay every draw is bad for Woz. I'd be surprised if Caro beats Kaia, I'd like to see her play against Errani but I think both Kanepi & Koukalova will prevail.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #1327
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you kidding meee She is hardly a favorite against any of these players!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1328
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
On clay every draw is bad for Woz. I'd be surprised if Caro beats Kaia, I'd like to see her play against Errani but I think both Kanepi & Koukalova will prevail.
Yeah but Kanepi haven't played since Miami & has been struggle with injuries if I right & form, Caro need too win this one
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1329
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
I have to agree.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #1330
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Are you kidding meee She is hardly a favorite against any of these players!
If you look at the full draw this is the best section she could wish for overall
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:28 PM   #1331
country flag Trey

Not saying she going win but we need too keep an open mind
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #1332
country flag goldenlox

Caro is in the best quarter to be in, but this is not hardcourt. Check her clay record from last year.

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1333
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caro is in the best quarter to be in, but this is not hardcourt. Check her clay record from last year.
But will she win her first match? Personally, I doubt she'll win more than a few clay matches, if at all that many, these next few clay months.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #1334
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah but Kanepi haven't played since Miami & has been struggle with injuries if I right & form, Caro need too win this one
I haven't been following Kanepi but I checked her results and they are not great but she's not losing to nobodies, her losses have been to players like Sharapova, Kerber, Muguruza, Halep, Pennetta, Suarez Navarro... her worst being against McHale & Shvedova.
I think she's the clear favourite against Caro unless she's carrying some sort of injury, which I don't know but she's had a good break since Miami.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #1335
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
But will she win her first match? Personally, I doubt she'll win more than a few clay matches, if at all that many, these next few clay months.
I dont know. I still think she is young enough to get herself straightened out and have a good part 2 in her career.
But the longer this goes on ( and now 18 months where her only title was an Intl) the more it looks like she's stuck where she's at.
And where she's at; is not a contender at clay premiers.