Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #1261
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Safarova - 4-6 6-7
Muguruza - 6-4 5-7 3-6
Wickmayer - 4-6 5-7
Shvedova - 7-6 3-6 6-1
Li - 5-7 5-7
Vandeweghe - 6-3 7-6
Pliskova - 6-7 6-3 6-3
Ivanovic - 6-7 4-6

1-5 in her last 6 semifinals

Last edited by KleineBiere : Apr 6th, 2014 at 03:42 AM.
KleineBiere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 03:59 AM   #1262
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

So going to clay, no final so far in 2014. Only one final, at an Int, in over a year, and thats her only title since 2012.
This was a big match with Ana, but still, far from a major.
Same problems though. She has to hold serve and close out sets.
Now she's off to The Masters.
Then we will see if this year is a total waste when she plays on clay.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 04:10 AM   #1263
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Safarova - 4-6 6-7
Muguruza - 6-4 5-7 3-6
Wickmayer - 4-6 5-7
Shvedova - 7-6 3-6 6-1
Li - 5-7 5-7
Vandeweghe - 6-3 7-6
Pliskova - 6-7 6-3 6-3
Ivanovic - 6-7 4-6

1-5 in her last 6 semifinals
Caro is now 7-10 (43%) this year in sets that are 6-4, 7-5, and 7-6.

That's an awful trend in semifinals.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 04:42 AM   #1264
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Ana was bad. Caro was worse.

And I am hopeless.
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #1265
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Ana was bad. Caro was worse.

And I am hopeless.
I really thought Caro has a good chance to beat Ana, hello even Rybarikova ( served bagel) and URadwanska took off set from her! But I guess I'm just stupid (as some says here) because I am excpecting too much!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 07:18 AM   #1266
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I am excpecting too much!
For me personally it's : I'll expect nothing from Caroline Wozniacki (paraphrasing Mr Butler from Tomb Raider 2).

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #1267
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys, let's be positive, it's virtually impossible for her to do worse than in 2013 on clay

I still have a tan-line from Rome last year, when I got badly sunburnt because of her pathetic loss to Bo-jo

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #1268
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

I think Caro and Ana played a good match, and it deserved to be a final instead and BOTH Ana and Caroline is back on track, but ONE thing I've thought a little (or maybe rightly A LOT) of is the missing Hawk-eye in some tournaments like Monterrey. It was quite obvious Saturday when Ana and Caro played. They both played with shots licking the lines and I must say that both the line judges AND the umpire made mistakes.You could see the irritaion from the players in both semis that they didn't believe their shots were out. It's not an excuse for Caro's defeat because it's a well earned victory for Ana in a good match, but players today play so much better than a few years back. Hawk-eye on all major courts thanks. If you saw the match I think you'll agree with me that the baseline shot that the umpire overruled and declared out was NOT out - and how on earth can she dream of that from her position?
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 09:50 AM   #1269
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

W/L In Main Draws (Hard Outdoor) - Career: 221-89 (.713) - Last 4 Events: 11-4 (.733) #thinkpositive
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #1270
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really thought Caro has a good chance to beat Ana, hello even Rybarikova ( served bagel) and URadwanska took off set from her! But I guess I'm just stupid (as some says here) because I am excpecting too much!
Have to be realistic. Even if Caroline won this title, its a small one and doesnt change her career much.
She has to get through draws at the big tournaments and coming up is Madrid, Rome, Paris, Wimbledon, then all the big hard court tournaments leading to the most important tournament all year after the AO, thats the USO. Where she was in a final and 2 semis.
But to win an Intl, that she's done many times and Ana is better than most players at Intls
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #1271
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

We can't be mad at her,she played good,but was just unfortunate to run into a on fire Ivanovic.She played good against Vandeweghe,Mladenovic and Pliskova (from 2-0 down in the second) and now she can prepare for clay season.We can't expect anything good from her,but overall i think that her only goal in this claycourt season is to win against lower ranked opponents,and then who knows
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #1272
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought she had a good chance. My heart said she could but my mind said she wouldn't. I don't think you are stupid to think that way that she had a good chance to win.

But I don't think we should assume at the one extreme that she can never win these matches or go too harsh on her if she makes it to the round where she plays a higher ranked opponent but loses.

If she can keep making it to these rounds - then sooner or later the odds dictate that she will get a win against a higher ranked opponent. But she must keep getting to these rounds.

That to me is my main concern. Can she continue this 4 match streak where she reaches the round to put her in position to play against a higher ranked opponent. My biggest worry is that she will start to lose to opponents ranked below her again.

I think we must also just exclude the upcoming clay season results she will be getting when talking about Caro. Just expect them to be terrible. She pretty bad on the dirt. All I expect from her is to fight. But any win she gets on clay against anyone is a bonus. So we pick up on this 4 match sequence after the clay season.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #1273
country flag AlanP

AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I thought she had a good chance. My heart said she could but my mind said she wouldn't. I don't think you are stupid to think that way that she had a good chance to win.

But I don't think we should assume at the one extreme that she can never win these matches or go too harsh on her if she makes it to the round where she plays a higher ranked opponent but loses.

If she can keep making it to these rounds - then sooner or later the odds dictate that she will get a win against a higher ranked opponent. But she must keep getting to these rounds.

That to me is my main concern. Can she continue this 4 match streak where she reaches the round to put her in position to play against a higher ranked opponent. My biggest worry is that she will start to lose to opponents ranked below her again.

I think we must also just exclude the upcoming clay season results she will be getting when talking about Caro. Just expect them to be terrible. She pretty bad on the dirt. All I expect from her is to fight. But any win she gets on clay against anyone is a bonus. So we pick up on this 4 match sequence after the clay season.
There's no reason she shouldn't be able to do better on clay. She's won several clay court tourneys and has been to the finals of Madrid. There are no great clay courters at the top of the game and other players that were weak on clay (Serena, Maria) have figured it out. She really just needs to get her confidence back and start playing better tennis at the key points in games, sets and matches.
AlanP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #1274
country flag fed_up

fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post

I think her clay season will be similar to last year's.
fed_up is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #1275
country flag fed_up

fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanP View Post
There's no reason she shouldn't be able to do better on clay. She's won several clay court tourneys and has been to the finals of Madrid. There are no great clay courters at the top of the game and other players that were weak on clay (Serena, Maria) have figured it out. She really just needs to get her confidence back and start playing better tennis at the key points in games, sets and matches.
Suarez Navarro, Stosur, Halep, Safarova, JJ, are good on clay. Even Cepelova seems to have a good clay movement.
fed_up is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote