Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 83 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #1231
country flag AlanP

AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I'm really hoping so and that Caro can put in a really huge effort to win this thing. Come on Caro.
Maybe she can win this, but if the seeds hold up she will face tougher competition winning this International event than Li Na did winning the Australian Open! Li never even had to face a anyone in the top 20! Caro could learn a thing or two about taking advantages of your chances from that situation...
AlanP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #1232
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Lets go one match at a time. Last year she won only one or 2 matches for months this time of year.
Very hard to understand how a player can go from winning the most matches on tour and suddenly lose early almost every tournament she plays.
I can understand some burnout, but its over 2 years since she was in finals half the tournaments she played. Now she's made one final in over a year
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #1233
country flag Zenith.

Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute
^Yes - one match at a time. Let's not underestimate Vandeweghe and Mladenovic who are big servers and hitters and could trouble Caro.

I just want to see her full effort and take her chances. Let's not forget she has been pretty good at the International level so let's hope for the best. Good luck Caro!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Nastia Mona Venus

R.I.P. Bally - you will always be remembered
Zenith. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 07:44 AM   #1234
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
Ivanovic and Pennetta are favorites considering their form this year,but I can really see Caro winning Monterrey...she owns H2H against both of them,and she can beat them,even though she is still pretty much far from her peak At least a SF in her last hardcourt tournament till summer would make me pleased.As for clay,she's on list for Stuttgart,Madrid and Rome,and she's not on list for a tournament week before FO(finally).Stuttgart list is very packed,she can get every seed to play even in the first round,so we can only hope that she will win at least match or 2 at those tournament
Caro is 2-3 H2H Ivanovic with AI winning their last match. I wouldn't call that owning her.
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 09:30 AM   #1235
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

When Caro made changes in 2011, it was obvious it didn't make sense.
Hitting aggressive forehands that landed in the middle of the doubles alley or long or in the net, at crucial moments like *4-5 15-30, were going to lose those matches, and also long term, there was no way in the pressure packed moments late in major she was going to make those shots successfully, over and over.

So that was crazy, but looking back, she was probably burned out from so many deep runs in so many tournaments, and wanted to end points. Wanted to lose early. She wanted time off.
But it is April 2014 this week, and she has not made a final in over a year,besides an Intl, and lost in week 1 of the AO, it is a much bigger problem than 2011 burn out.
Her whole game is weaker and her strategy and play at key moments is worse than it used to be.

So we cant be confident of anything, and it's similar to where Ivanovic is now. Her fans dont think a final is easy either. She's also in very few of those.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 11:05 PM   #1236
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad draw for Caro. Based on the draw she should make it to at least the semis.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 12:02 AM   #1237
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Well well two Danes in the main draw in Monterey when did we see that last time Ok maybe that needs a little explanation. The qualifier - present #302 - [Q] Julia Boserup (USA) has just defeated [4] [WC] Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) - current #25 - 64 16 62. Both Julias parents are Danes living in USA and their daughter is American. A similar situation as with Caroline Wozniacki. Funny I think and must be one of the biggest upsets this year.

Julia comes from California (born September 9, 1991) and she began playing tennis at age six, after her mother, a native of Denmark, enrolled her in group tennis lessons. She was home schooled in high school, which allowed her to focus more time on her tennis career. On April 9, 2012, she reached her highest WTA singles ranking of 174, while her best doubles ranking was 277 on October 31, 2011. She won the USTA's Dunlop Orange Bowl in 2008, outlasting fellow American Christina McHale.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 12:07 AM   #1238
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all

Is there a stream for Caro's match against Vandeweghe anybody know?
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 12:25 AM   #1239
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
Is there a stream for Caro's match against Vandeweghe anybody know?
Yes, Bet365.com but may only work in Europe as you need to pay if you don't have a Konto there...

www.lshunter.tv may have free Streaming, even that works badly pt.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 12:30 AM   #1240
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Yes, Bet365.com but may only work in Europe as you need to pay if you don't have a Konto there...

www.lshunter.tv may have free Streaming, even that works badly pt.
The drawbacks of living in America I'll try the second site though. Thanks!!!!!!
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:30 AM   #1241
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

For Monterrey this link is better:

http://www.sportcategory.com/

Well have just written that the link stops, but I saw the Caro0 - Coco match and streaming was ok. So try this even if it looks scary

http://www.drakulastream.eu/
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:39 AM   #1242
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Well well two Danes in the main draw in Monterey when did we see that last time Ok maybe that needs a little explanation. The qualifier - present #302 - [Q] Julia Boserup (USA) has just defeated [4] [WC] Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) - current #25 - 64 16 62. Both Julias parents are Danes living in USA and their daughter is American. A similar situation as with Caroline Wozniacki. Funny I think and must be one of the biggest upsets this year.

Julia comes from California (born September 9, 1991) and she began playing tennis at age six, after her mother, a native of Denmark, enrolled her in group tennis lessons. She was home schooled in high school, which allowed her to focus more time on her tennis career. On April 9, 2012, she reached her highest WTA singles ranking of 174, while her best doubles ranking was 277 on October 31, 2011. She won the USTA's Dunlop Orange Bowl in 2008, outlasting fellow American Christina McHale.
By that same line of thought, Caro isn't a Danish player though. She was born in Denmark to two Polish parents.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 06:58 AM   #1243
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
By that same line of thought, Caro isn't a Danish player though. She was born in Denmark to two Polish parents.
Not to worry, Protoss, that is the most common reader comment at Danish online media sites.

That she should p1ss off back to Poland and that she should pay Danish tax.

Not that those two things combined makes much sense.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 09:51 AM   #1244
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
The usual bull shit - please read what I wrote. Boserup is American - born in USA. Caroline is Danish born in Denmark. Period.

Schedule Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Cancha Central - local times

15:00 Luksika Kumkhum (THA) V Jovana Jaksic (SRB)
17:00 Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN) V Timea Babos (HUN)
19:00 Donna Vekic (CRO) V Karolina Pliskova (CZE)
21:00 Kristina Mladenovic (FRA) V [3] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)

Caroline aiming at her 400th win today as professional tennisplayer

There is television from all four matches - either standard (via Tennis TV's stream) or a streaming site. Below you can see a streaming site:

http://www.drakulastream.eu/tennis-live-...video.html
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:03 AM   #1245
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Pliskova next. They've met once before, in Miami last year. Caro won in three after losing the opener.

NB: You can't cheer for Caro with a "Come on, Karolina!" in this match since that's Pliskova's first name, too.