Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 78 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 18th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #1156
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Will play Monica Puig in the second round
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #1157
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

practice with Vinci today
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #1158
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Puig is a consistent player, so if Caroline continues to make a lot of errors, this wont be easy.
This is the beginning of the post top 15 part of Caroline's career. She went through 2 coaches this year, dropped in ranking..
Now there are no excuses. She had the coaches, no points to defend. So there's no reason we shouldn't see hard fought quality tennis, right?
Yet I have to see it before I believe it.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #1159
country flag Trey

practiced Twice today once by herself & the other with Flipkens
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #1160
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is last Tier I on hardcourt until the fall. She lost early at AO, Doha & IW, the biggest hardcourt tournaments before this.

I thought in late 2011 & early 2012 that she had an injury or was burned out.
But now its 2014 and either she just cant play well anymore, or she doesnt have the motivation anymore to fight every match.

Not a good situation either way. I hope its motivation, because if these matches against Wickmayer and Muguruza and Jankovic are Caroline trying her best, she's in really big career trouble.

Old Mar 20th, 2014, 06:19 AM   #1161
country flag wozniackiaus

wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of

caro training one hour by herself and one hour with vesnina tommorrow

IVANOVIC KIRILENKO BOUCHARD VIKA

TT - SINGLES - 161 DOUBLES - 177
SINGLES TITLES - PRAGUE 2014
wozniackiaus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 11:41 AM   #1162
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Coach's corner. They talk Woz at 13.00.

http://www.tennis.com/podcasts/

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 12:35 PM   #1163
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Coach's corner. They talk Woz at 13.00.

http://www.tennis.com/podcasts/
That was interesting, about coaching.
Lets face reality. Caroline has 1 win after round 2 at majors in over 2 years, and one title in over 18 months, that was an Intl.
I dont think a coach is the answer if Caroline doesnt enjoy herself with a real practice schedule. She wants to practice around golf, and that's part of being mentally tough. You either want it badly or you want a fun team. Wanting it badly enough to keep a tough coach is no guarantee of success either. Mentally she has to play well every round and close out sets, no matter who coaches her.

Old Mar 21st, 2014, 01:11 PM   #1164
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
That was interesting, about coaching.
Lets face reality. Caroline has 1 win after round 2 at majors in over 2 years, and one title in over 18 months, that was an Intl.
I dont think a coach is the answer if Caroline doesnt enjoy herself with a real practice schedule. She wants to practice around golf, and that's part of being mentally tough. You either want it badly or you want a fun team. Wanting it badly enough to keep a tough coach is no guarantee of success either. Mentally she has to play well every round and close out sets, no matter who coaches her.
It's supposed to be 'fun' with or without a coach. I'm sure that like everything in life it has it's downsides, but it's nothing compard to the struggle that millions have to face with no other prospect than to hopefully make ends meet. Playing tennis, even with a tough training schedule, getting paid millions and then retire when you are 30-32 years old and having the rest of your life to do whatever you want. If that isn't 'fun' I don't know what is. Besides, MM doesn't seem like an inhuman slave driver to me. She hasn't worked long enough with any of these coaches to know if she would improve or not. That takes at least a year to find out - probably more if your game is in as much trouble as Caro's. I don't think there will be another coach. Who would even want the job if they know beforehand that the're going to get the boot after a couple of weeks?

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 01:52 PM   #1165
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's supposed to be 'fun' with or without a coach. I'm sure that like everything in life it has it's downsides, but it's nothing compard to the struggle that millions have to face with no other prospect than to hopefully make ends meet. Playing tennis, even with a tough training schedule, getting paid millions and then retire when you are 30-32 years old and having the rest of your life to do whatever you want. If that isn't 'fun' I don't know what is. Besides, MM doesn't seem like an inhuman slave driver to me. She hasn't worked long enough with any of these coaches to know if she would improve or not. That takes at least a year to find out - probably more if your game is in as much trouble as Caro's. I don't think there will be another coach. Who would even want the job if they know beforehand that the're going to get the boot after a couple of weeks?
She can do this for a few more years then retire.
She used to try very hard, and was very consistent.
Now her level can drop quickly and barely win a game over 2 sets.
I was surprised that she didnt want to have long grinding practices and try to get her old groundstrokes back.
But its her career, her life, and she wants to have fun without the tough coach and tough practices.
Maybe she'll give it another full effort in a few years.

Old Mar 21st, 2014, 01:57 PM   #1166
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

If you see Pennetta winning Indian Wells, you see there is a huge difference in the attitude between Pennetta and Caroline. Pennetta is top-motivated and fights like a lion for every point. Caroline on the other hand fights a bit here and a bit there, but never 100 %. And she isn`t terribly sad if she loses a match, because Rory is her top priority in life now. Pennetta fights in matches like her life depended on it, on every point. Caroline used to be the same, she was hungry for wins, that`s how she got to #1. And that`s how you have success, when you give 100 %, train 100 %, fight 100 % and are top-motivated. Sadly Caroline lost this fire she used to have. She doesn`t want to win as much anymore.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 11:04 PM   #1167
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ok draw for Caro. I'm not sure what to expect from her though. She should be able to beat Puig.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 12:37 AM   #1168
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Ok draw for Caro. I'm not sure what to expect from her though. She should be able to beat Puig.
Only if Caroline the Fighter comes back from retirement.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 02:38 AM   #1169
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

What's up with all the double faults from Caro lately? She has 18 doubles in the last 4 matches (including 7 today ).
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:54 AM   #1170
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

I guess playing Stephens next means there's a slight chance the match will be streamed. Not because either of them are even an outside favorite to win the tournament but because SS is the second ranked American player.