Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #1141
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I see wedding has now been set for November in New York.

Which is of course the reason, why Caro doesn't care anymore and also why no wake-up call is loud enough.

She's already planning her official retirement. Even money says, she won't play AO 2015. I think USO 2014 will be her swan song slam.
Sounds possible. I still think she will stay for her sponsor money. Even though Rory will earn billions, not easy to walk away from millions in your name.
I cant believe losing 11 of 12 games in the early rounds is her last IW match.
What a way to go!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #1142
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I cant believe losing 11 of 12 games in the early rounds is her last IW match. What a way to go!
Unfortunately true. Imagine Caro had retired in 2011 after meeting Rory.

Then her legacy would be: Best player ever not having won a slam.

Instead her legacy is now: .... worst ever post #1 career

Using the infamous words from down under : "You are playing like a clown." ... some legacy.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Mar 17th, 2014 at 11:38 AM.
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #1143
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Unfortunately true. Imagine Caro had retired in 2011 after meeting Rory.

Then her legacy would be: Best player ever not having won a slam.

Instead her legacy is now: .... worst ever post #1 career

Using the infamous words from down under : "You are playing like a clown." ... some legacy.

You know, as bad as Caro has been, some players have fallen further after becoming #1. But the difference is that they've gotten back up (thinking particularly of Jankovic, now #6, and Ivanovic, now #13). Caro has stagnated and all indications are that she is happy to be where she is.
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #1144
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

she practicing with Safarova today

Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #1145
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

18 is Caroline's lowest ranking since 2008.
She's had no adversity. No major injuries.
It's just a lot of poor tennis.
At least she has almost nothing to defend for months now.
So pressure of defending points is over. That's not much of an excuse anyway.

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #1146
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
18 is Caroline's lowest ranking since 2008.
She's had no adversity. No major injuries.
It's just a lot of poor tennis.
At least she has almost nothing to defend for months now.
So pressure of defending points is over. That's not much of an excuse anyway.
There's always pressure. Now that she has no points to defend there's the pressure of improving on last years results so that she can climb up the rankings again. If anything there's now more pressure than ever before because with a top 10-ish ranking she could tell herself that she still had time to turn it around. Now that time is up. It's either produce some good results NOW or sink away in complete anonimity.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #1147
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
There's always pressure. Now that she has no points to defend there's the pressure of improving on last years results so that she can climb up the rankings again. If anything there's now more pressure than ever before because with a top 10-ish ranking she could tell herself that she still had time to turn it around. Now that time is up. It's either produce some good results NOW or sink away in complete anonimity.
I thought her ranking doesn't really tell the story of where her game is at.
Only one win total after round 2 in the last 8 majors is a clearer picture.
Just watching Caroline's last match, there is a lot wrong right now, and the ranking is the least of it.

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #1148
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought her ranking doesn't really tell the story of where her game is at.
Only one win total after round 2 in the last 8 majors is a clearer picture.
Just watching Caroline's last match, there is a lot wrong right now, and the ranking is the least of it.
Well, she's been ranked too highly for a long time considering the state that her game is in. In fact, even now she's still ranked too highly because she's not playing top 20 level tennis imo. Having said that, the overall standard of womens tennis is pretty low right now. I've seen a lot of the IW tournament and the quality was pitiful most of the time considering that these are supposed to be the best players in the world. Caro 2009-2011 would have eaten them for breakfast.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #1149
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, she's been ranked too highly for a long time considering the state that her game is in. In fact, even now she's still ranked too highly because she's not playing top 20 level tennis imo. Having said that, the overall standard of womens tennis is pretty low right now. I've seen a lot of the IW tournament and the quality was pitiful most of the time considering that these are supposed to be the best players in the world. Caro 2009-2011 would have eaten them for breakfast.
Yeah, thats the real problem. 2 of the last 3 majors the winner did not play a top 16 seed, and at the US Open, Caroline had a super draw in her quarter.
Opportunities are all over the place, and this is not a good time to lack motivation.
We dont know what will happen in a few years, but now is a good time to be playing well. Cibulkova was in the AO final from Caroline's half.

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #1150
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
You know, as bad as Caro has been, some players have fallen further after becoming #1. But the difference is that they've gotten back up (thinking particularly of Jankovic, now #6, and Ivanovic, now #13). Caro has stagnated and all indications are that she is happy to be where she is.
The reason why Caro won't fall as deep as JJ and VIP did, is simply because Caro will retire this year (imho). Else she would have.

Also, both JJ and VIP are now above Caro in the ranking.

So yes, I stick with 'Worst ever post #1 career' .... Caro hasn't been injured like a Safina, but just lost interest in the sport and went WAGing instead. I cannot find any excuse. None, what-so-ever.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #1151
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of wish that Caro would get a Nike style "pep talk" from Adidas (or any of her sponsors for that matter).
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #1152
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see wedding has now been set for November in New York.

Which is of course the reason, why Caro doesn't care anymore and also why no wake-up call is loud enough.

She's already planning her official retirement. Even money says, she won't play AO 2015. I think USO 2014 will be her swan song slam.
sources of all these info?

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #1153
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
sources of all these info?
When I say, 'I think', it is a personal opinion aka imho.

The wedding news is all over the net.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #1154
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I say, 'I think', it is a personal opinion aka imho.

The wedding news is all over the net.
I missed it

I don't see why she would retire because of a wedding, but IMO it would do her well to stay away from the tour

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #1155
country flag goldenlox

I'm still hoping that like Kim Clijsters, there's a part 2 in her career. But she has to refocus and play a lot smarter than the last 2 years.