Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #871
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I wonder if that Micheal she practing with in video
Yes, that looks like MM in the blue shirt.

But still hitting with Martha No disrespect to Martha, but if Caro is serious about her tennis, she needs a male hitting partner and someone good. Not a WTA #1000 ranked player.

Caro might as well have Malou (Danish female friend) as hitting partner.

God, it's frustrating.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #872
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic loss in Doha R2 to Wickmayer, Caroline !

Wickmayer was a player Caro used to own, and now she loses in 2 sets

Her tennis career is a mess. Caroline, decide: Rory or tennis !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #873
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yes, that looks like MM in the blue shirt.

But still hitting with Martha No disrespect to Martha, but if Caro is serious about her tennis, she needs a male hitting partner and someone good. Not a WTA #1000 ranked player.

Caro might as well have Malou (Danish female friend) as hitting partner.

God, it's frustrating.
That good did if it is MM, as far as Martha I don't think she be around forever I think it just an temporary thing till she find another hitting partner. I think she need an male hitting partner as well someone kinda like sloane has IMO
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #874
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Do anyone know when the main draw come out for Dubai
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 11:50 PM   #875
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Do anyone know when the main draw come out for Dubai
ceremony is 12:00 local time.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #876
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
I think its really Caroline that expects so much of herself. She was number one in the world and making SFs of majors. So now with these coaches she wants the results immediately. I really dont think its about daddy anymore. He probably wants to relax and enjoy the millions after so many years. But for whatever reason, Caroline cant let go and adjust to the numerous coaches that she has tried. Hopefully, she finds a coach that shes comfortable with soon. There is no reason why she cant be successful again and possibly make another slam SF or F, Flipkens/Cibulkova/Bouchard have all done it within the past 12 months, and she is a better player than those three. The confidence is just shot to hell right now and that can affect you're game more than anything.
She shouldn't tell the media that there's no problem though. And she shouldn't tell them that it's her goal to win a major. Talk like that makes her sound delusional and only puts more pressure on her. She should just admit that her career is in crisis but that she's working hard to find her mojo again. That's the truth anyway. And try to get some joy out of the game again. Have a laugh on court - become 'sunshine' again. A more positive and relaxed attitude instead of that grumpy frustrated demeanor alone already might help her. Don't expect yourself to win majors and premier mandatorys/premier5's but enjoy the little things in (tennis) life again. Give yourself a pat on the back when you win a few matches and tell yourself "and next time I'll try to do even better."

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #877
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

vs Lisicki in R1 Bye Caro!
R2- Stosur, QF-Errani, SF- Aga!
Caro can plan holidays!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Feb 15th, 2014 at 07:56 AM.
CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #878
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is the softest quarter. Everyone in it is struggling like Caro.
Really turned her career into a mess.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #879
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

The draw was going to be tough no matter what... I just hope she doesn't play as bad as in Doha.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:07 AM   #880
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
vs Lisicki in R1 Bye Caro!
R2- Stosur, QF-Errani, SF- Aga!
Caro can plan holidays!
The Caro of old would start each game 30-0 up against Lisicki because of that truckload of UE Sabine makes. Problem is that Caroline has become an UE machine herself. Still, those are all winnable matches until she gets to Radwanska. It would surprise me if she gets there though, no matter who she has to play. Losing can just as easily become a habit as winning.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #881
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro lost 4 sets in a row going in, so it cant get any worse.
Right now might be her lowest, where even on hardcourt she's the absolute soft section of any premier draw
This week her draw was Wickmayer, Cepelova.. and Caro couldn't win a set. Its the absolute bottom she is in now, trying to climb from

Old Feb 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #882
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caro lost 4 sets in a row going in, so it cant get any worse.
Right now might be her lowest, where even on hardcourt she's the absolute soft section of any premier draw
This week her draw was Wickmayer, Cepelova.. and Caro couldn't win a set. Its the absolute bottom she is in now, trying to climb from
Right now I have just lost all hope. At the end of last season - there seemed to be some purpose as to how she was trying to play. Piotr was stepping aside and she then had TH as a coach. She worked hard in the off season.

Now - especially with MM seemingly in the background and she got Piotr back doing coaching - which is all she ever wants as a coach I believe - and all this talk as if MM is only a very temporary stopgap till presumably its back to Piotr. And then no proper male hitting partner and all this ridiculous talk of she thinks she's playing really well and of winning a slam. I just see no hope and she just drifts on and on where you can pretty well expect her to lose any match she plays.

Until she is able to stick with a coach and has an agreed path to get back from off the rails - I see no hope at all.

I would like to know what went on between her and TH though. Because his behaviour was just terrible. And I never liked how he left Li. But Caro's last match with him as coach - TH was not happy at all with Caro and how she played and he was right to be unhappy. Whereas Caro was her usual in denial self and seemed pleased with how she played with the usual "I had my chances but it was not to be".

I think recognition she has a problem with her game right now period is the first step to any hope of improvement.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #883
country flag goldenlox

The good thing is that soft draws, like now, like last US Open will happen a lot.
The bad thing is that unless she plays like this is important, she'll keep losing.

Connors said Nadal plays like he's broke.
Caro plays like she's wealthy and doesnt need an extra win or 2.
She needs hunger again. Needs motivation.

Old Feb 15th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #884
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't why people are complaining about the draw. Lisicki is one of the best draws in the entire draw. Coming off injury, no form. If Wozniacki doesn't win, it's not down to a bad draw.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #885
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
She shouldn't tell the media that there's no problem though. And she shouldn't tell them that it's her goal to win a major. Talk like that makes her sound delusional and only puts more pressure on her. She should just admit that her career is in crisis but that she's working hard to find her mojo again. That's the truth anyway. And try to get some joy out of the game again. Have a laugh on court - become 'sunshine' again. A more positive and relaxed attitude instead of that grumpy frustrated demeanor alone already might help her. Don't expect yourself to win majors and premier mandatorys/premier5's but enjoy the little things in (tennis) life again. Give yourself a pat on the back when you win a few matches and tell yourself "and next time I'll try to do even better."
Exactly. Everything you say is spot on.

But tell me - when she says she's happy with her game and she's playing well and I had my chances but you can't win them all. What do you think? Do you think she's just saying it and doesn't believe it and it's just a PR answer. Or do you think she is just totally out of step with reality. I think it's the latter and she really has convinced herself there's no basic problem.

There is no point in telling the media this crap if she doesn't believe it herself. If she's worried about the follow up question of what to do about her slump - well she could say what she is working if she wanted but she should add that if she had all the answers she would be back at the top again and its a hard process but she's trying.

I think she has a mental block that refuses to accept reality whatever happens. I think the first step to getting back is an acceptance that there is a real problem. And she isn't able to take that first step.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote