Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #676
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I dunno. I guess it depends on what you think of Muguruza as a prospect. In a year or so, she may be a top 10/top 15 ranked player.

Caro won only 2 games against #62 Kvitova at the 2010 Wimbledon. In 2011, Kvitova won Wimbledon.

I'm not saying that Muguruza is neccessarily gonna win a slam some day, just that a bad loss (rankings-wise at least) can look a lot better in the not too distant future.
Its possible Muguruza is the next #1.
But Caro has only won one 3rd round match in 2 full years, against a qualifier, Tsurenko.

Of all the things that have gone wrong, its one thing to lose to Sharapova in a Miami SF or IW final, its another to not ever get to week 2 of a major.

This is it for majors until late May.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #677
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Caro has been very up and down this Australian Open. She played a pretty good 1st set against Dominguez Lino and then a mediocre 2nd set; she played a very good 1st set against McHale, an awful/horrible 2nd set, and then a solid to good 3rd set.

Chris Evert kept making a point on Espn 2's broadcast of the match against McHale of Caro not cutting off the wide angle.

At least Caro didn't lose again to a player who plays a somewhat similar but a lot worse game than hers. That's something that's annoyed me in the past.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #678
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about the last 2 years. If she was still making slam runs, and she certainly had the draw in NY, she would still be making the YEC, maybe top 5.
A lot of those players in Istanbul look tired, like Errani, like Vika last YEC.
I think Caroline would still be in the top 5, right with Aga, if she just could get to slam QF or SF most of the time.

Thats really what went away. Slam runs to week 2. Begu, Cetkovska, Jovanovski, Giorgi.. That should not be the list of players beating you at majors

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 07:17 AM   #679
country flag goldenlox

Another terrible January, another terrible major. Last year was Pervak & Sveta twice. Now Safarova & Muguruza.
At least she has a coach, and Hogstedt has a tough job ahead of him

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #680
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Another terrible January, another terrible major. Last year was Pervak & Sveta twice. Now Safarova & Muguruza.
At least she has a coach, and Hogstedt has a tough job ahead of him
I think those matches were mental losses to a large extent.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 07:47 AM   #681
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

If feel sorry for you guys, who wasted a good nights sleep to watch some awful Caro tennis.

But 2nd set against McHale should have been a warning.

I don't want to sound too draconian, but this turkey is done. She is finished. Time for marriage and children.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #682
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
If feel sorry for you guys, who wasted a good nights sleep to watch some awful Caro tennis.

But 2nd set against McHale should have been a warning.

I don't want to sound too draconian, but this turkey is done. She is finished. Time for marriage and children.
She has that option. In fact, she can go to Dubai now and watch Rory's Sunday round tomorrow.
I keep expecting her to play well in big moments, but it doesnt happen at majors anymore

If she ever wins again, it will be a different style than she used to play

Rikke Marie Dahl ‏@rikkemarie
Högstedt said Caro needs to take more chances. She was too passive. In today's tennis you cannot just stay back, he added.

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #683
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

That might happen! This year is very important in her carrer, and she started it very bad! She could be out of top 20 after Indian Wells, right? So I won't be surprised if she gives up after this year!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #684
Tunk

Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all

I can see a lot of future in Caro.
You need to forget that she used to be No.1 before. Games has change and never be the same again.
She'll develop her game in a right way. We must give her a time to take it.
I still believe in Caro.
Tunk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #685
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's a little bit too much negativity around here. Obviously it isn't great, especially as I think Muguruza was there for the taking today as she was far from her best form. But when I looked at the draw I always felt R1-R2 - bad, R3 - ok, R4 - good, QF+ - great. So while it's far from great, it's not a complete disaster.

You have to accept the reality of the situation, Caro has been on the fringes of the top 10 for quite some time. I don't really see the changes Hogstedt has tried to implement so far, but he needs time, you can't judge after 5 matches. Caro has been playing this level of tennis for 2 and a half years now, sometimes you get a good draw, other times you don't.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #686
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

oh, so that's her level now, with a good draw she makes R3, with the bad draw she's out in R1!
yes...we should give them time, but everyone is talking like she just started playing tennis yesterday, if anything these loses at USO, AO and other is more to do with the mental part of her game! Maybe she needs to see a sport psyhologist!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Jan 18th, 2014 at 08:52 AM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #687
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunk View Post
I can see a lot of future in Caro.
You need to forget that she used to be No.1 before. Games has change and never be the same again.
She'll develop her game in a right way. We must give her a time to take it.
I still believe in Caro.
I like your optimism and I honestly was very pleased by the way Caro played up to 5-4 in the second set, she was un-clutch on the BP's yes, but overall her performance was looking very solid and she had found a nice balance between offence and difence.
Sadly I guess it's rather easy to spot that now that she's getting there with the game her problem is all mental, she used to be the most solid player in the world and I guess I've never ever saw her losing a mental battle before 2011...now she is exactly like Ivanovic has been for many years, a shadow of her old self, with no fighting spirit or whatsoever.
I guess her runs at the AO of the past few years simply show her fall from grace now: SF (MP wasted against Li), QF (lost against Cljisters), 4R (lost in a very poor way to Kuznetsova), 3R (gifting a match to Muguruza)

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #688
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
oh, so that's her level now, with a good draw she makes R3, with the bad draw she's out in R1!
yes...we should give them time, but everyone is talking like she just started playing tennis yesterday, if anything these loses at USO, AO and other is more to do with the mental part of her game! Maybe she needs to see sport psyhologist!
This was a bad draw, not a good draw imo.

R3 isn't that bad for someone ranked 10 in the world. Their expectation is only to make R4 assuming all things equal.

There's no point just burying her under a bus every time she takes a bad loss.

The problem mentally is such problems are hard to fix. The only real way to fix them is to win matches and lots of them, and vs top opponents. It's hard to teach someone to play pressure points well.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:19 AM   #689
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up, saw the result and now I'm pouting.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #690
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Woke up, saw the result and now I'm pouting.
You would feel worse if you watched it. A 2 set win was right there for her. Then she caved in.