Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #586
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
So far I've only seen this quote from this blogger but still kind of alarming

luciahoff ‏@luciahoff 6m
"I don't feel my shoulders anymore" says Caroline after her first rd win @SydneyTennis She will play Lucie Safarova in the next round @WTA
That sounds good. That she doesnt feel pain or discomfort.
If you sprain your ankle, then a few days later you dont feel your ankle, thats good.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #587
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
That sounds good. That she doesnt feel pain or discomfort.
If you sprain your ankle, then a few days later you dont feel your ankle, thats good.
I didn't think of it that way!
I was thinking more like her shoulder is feeling numb which can't be good.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #588
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If she had a shoulder problem, she just went 3 sets, it would be smart to withdraw and wait for Melbourne.
But that quote sounds positive to me

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #589
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

I would interpret that as "I don't feel my shoulder [pain] anymore," which is a good thing.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #590
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
I didn't think of it that way!
I was thinking more like her shoulder is feeling numb which can't be good.

here's her post match interview, she says she doesn't have any problems with her shoulder!
http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/arti...acki-interview

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #591
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

I didn't think Caro was good in the match. She basically waited for Goerges' level to drop, which it did, and didn't close out the match from 5-2 in the third set.

If you are looking for improvements in her game from Hogstedt, you wouldn't find it in this match. This match very well could have taken place a few years ago. Very typical Goerges-Wozniacki match that is always on Julia's racquet.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #592
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

The Danish Tennis Association has just announced that Caro has been selected for Denmark's preliminary Fed Cup Team (due to play in Estonia early February - just before Quatar WTA). We've discussed this before: whether Caro needs to play Fed Cup in order to qualify for the Rio Olympic Games. But I really doubt Caro will play Fed Cup already this year. It doesn't fit very well with her current ambitions, new coach and all.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #593
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
I didn't think Caro was good in the match. She basically waited for Goerges' level to drop, which it did, and didn't close out the match from 5-2 in the third set.

If you are looking for improvements in her game from Hogstedt, you wouldn't find it in this match. This match very well could have taken place a few years ago. Very typical Goerges-Wozniacki match that is always on Julia's racquet.
Its clear from the scoreline that Caro didnt play well. But at least she won and gets another chance to get some form before Melbourne.
I'm not going to criticise level of play when she wins, her 1st match since Lux final.

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #594
country flag AlanP

AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its clear from the scoreline that Caro didnt play well. But at least she won and gets another chance to get some form before Melbourne.
I'm not going to criticise level of play when she wins, her 1st match since Lux final.
I didn't see the match, but at least it wasn't like one of those nightmares from last year when she faced 20 break points when playing against some nobody. Two breaks in three sets is not too bad for her, although it would be nice to see her be able to serve things out...
AlanP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 04:44 PM   #595
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

It's difficult to complain when she beats a player who was given her historically so much trouble. First match of the season is always tough, it's good she gets to play another match and against a competitive player like Safarova. No easy matches, you've got to be focus from the start of the season. Let's see how she does tonight, her last match against Lucie was pretty good from both.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #596
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

I really like what Caro does at 2:53, changing her grip and making a no-spin shot. The grip she normally uses when charging to the net only allows her to hit with topspin. I imagine it's something she's been practising with Högstedt recent weeks.
http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/arti...cki-vs-goerges

NB: Also notice how Goerges applauds Caro's stop volley at 2:16, nice of her.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Jan 6th, 2014 at 06:31 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #597
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

3-6 6-2 6-4 against Julia Görges. Not impressive. But a win for Caroline !

R2 vs Safarova. Caro leads Head To Head 3-2. Will be interesting

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 03:22 AM   #598
country flag DollyRose
GOTHIC LOLITA

DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Is she trying to play with that "Rock" on her finger? Seriously I'm glad she won, but I feel sorry for Julia who hasn't done much of anything lately
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:57 AM   #599
country flag goldenlox

So she won 1 match before the AO, which is the same as last year.
Now we'll see if she can improve quickly or her recent slam results will continue, and she's lost 7 of her last 14 matches at majors.

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #600
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

That I'm not the least bit surprised, is probably the saddest part.

Same old. Same old. At least I didn't waste my sleep to watch yet another embarrassing loss.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote