Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #571
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Apparently Peer will be Caro's opponent if Goerges withdraws. Let's just hope Goerges doesn't wait too long and Peer hasn't left Sydney yet.
Peer would be an ok first match opponent: a decent player (rank 77) but Caro usually beats her without too much fuss. H2H is 5-1 in Caro's favor, their last match being Dubai 2011, Caro winning in straights.
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #572
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

What the WTA rules say about retirees as Lucky Losers

"If a player is forced to retire or withdraws from the Qualifying, she may retain her right to Lucky Loser status for the duration of the Tournament provided that:

(i) She signs in with the Supervisor by the Lucky Loser deadline each day;
(ii) She receives a medical examination from the Tournament Physician and PHCP;
(iii) The Main Draw match is not scheduled for the same day she retired/withdrew from her Qualifying match."

WTA Rulebook, pg. 47.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #573
country flag AnaLovesTennis

AnaLovesTennis is an unknown quantity at this point

It's hard to predict at the beginning of the new season how Caro's gonna play but Julia shouldn't a big problem for her IMO. Julia has been playing like a mess lately. With a decent off season with Hoghstedt Caro should easily deal with her.
AnaLovesTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #574
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If Caro loses this match, its probably not a good sign going to Melbourne.
Eventually, if she ever starts competing for a major again, she will realize how important the AO is.
Its the only major Vika ever won. Vika is smart to treat this month as if it means everything. When you are best on hardcourt, you cant overstate how important this major is. You dont have to peak again until late August
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #575
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Vika is smart to treat this month as if it means everything. When you are best on hardcourt, you cant overstate how important this major is. You dont have to peak again until late August
Yep, credit to Vika and as the final Vs Williams showed, Vika is already up to speed.

Caro on the other hand, is rarely up to speed before March.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #576
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yep, credit to Vika and as the final Vs Williams showed, Vika is already up to speed.

Caro on the other hand, is rarely up to speed before March.
Yeah, even so, Caro was a point from an AO final.
I'm hoping Hogstedt can get her back into an upward trajectory. Caro is still 23, and as Serena gets older, you dont know how many majors will be wide open

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #577
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I wonder what CaRory are planning for their future as far as marriage goes? Do they think their marriage can work while they're both active and travelling most of the year? Does Caro plan to retire early? Will they have a long engagement, like 5 years? Or maybe they have no plans past just loving each other in the present?
I don't think they really have plans for their relationship beyond just loving each other in the present.

I think actually getting married while they're both active and travelling most of the year could put a lot of stress on the marriage.

I hope this engagement isn't a distraction. Caro really needs to be focused on her tennis this year.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 5th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #578
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yes this is why I am interested to see it.

Quotes like this make me wonder "Sharapova's discarded mentor was doing with Wozniacki yesterday what he used to do with Sharapova, getting her to nail forehands, hitting them flat and hard, pausing and surging into them with the leg drive of a shot-putter."
Hogstedt & Caro are crazy/idiots if they actually want her playing like Sharapova.

That would be far too much of a change to Caro's game for her to actually pull it off.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #579
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hogstedt & Caro are crazy/idiots if they actually want her playing like Sharapova.

That would be far too much of a change to Caro's game for her to actually pull it off.
we will see...if she has found more depth in the FH and then uses this "aggressive" FH when in control of the rally, I wouldn't mind it...

it's all about how she uses it...I don't think she'll be a BBB just because she changed coach

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #580
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all

I saw that Caro now plays Shvedova tonight. Any truth to this?
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #581
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Where has you see that?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #582
country flag goldenlox

This is her facebook page

Julia Goerges
Julia is in the main draw of the APIA International in Sydney and will take on one her biggest rivals and friend, Caroline Wozniacki in the 1st round. The former world no. 1 played her best tennis at the end of last season, but the German has won each of the last three meetings.

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #583
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, Shahar Peer was next to be LL but Shvedova was next after in Line...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #584
country flag Protoss

Ok draw for Caro. Based on the draw she should make it to the quarters against Kvitova.

Good luck Caro.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #585
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

So far I've only seen this quote from this blogger but still kind of alarming

luciahoff ‏@luciahoff 6m
"I don't feel my shoulders anymore" says Caroline after her first rd win @SydneyTennis She will play Lucie Safarova in the next round @WTA

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote