Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:26 AM   #541
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Some of these 1st rounders are brutal
Stephens vs Kuznetsova , Cibulkova - Kerber , Errani - Vinci, Makarova v Jankovic

Caro v Q, then Safarova or Fran, probably Petra in quarters, then Errani/Stephens/Sveta
So if Caro's playing well, that Petra match determines the finalist
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:30 AM   #542
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Caro draws a qualifier in Sydney.
Pretty nice draw for Caro. She gets the winner of Schiavone and Safarova in the next round if she were to win her first match. Also, she's in Kvitova's quarter. Really couldn't have asked for anything better. Hopefully, she can start he year strong against players ranked much lower than her. She was like 11-9 against players outside the top 50. She'll likely get a chance to turn that around here. Let's hope her shoulder will hold up
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #543
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Some of these 1st rounders are brutal
Stephens vs Kuznetsova , Cibulkova - Kerber , Errani - Vinci, Makarova v Jankovic

Caro v Q, then Safarova or Fran, probably Petra in quarters, then Errani/Stephens/Sveta
So if Caro's playing well, that Petra match determines the finalist
I wouldn't say that.. Stephens was playing pretty well at Hopman Cup and Kuznetsova always troubles Woz.
Double A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 02:23 AM   #544
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

^and Safarova can be a very dangerous opponent! We should wait and see where Caro's game ( an shoulder) is at!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #545
country flag Zenith.

Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute
Let's not even look past the first round! Beginning of the season is always crazy and a Q/LL could be very dangerous since they have matches under their belt already.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Nastia Mona Venus

R.I.P. Bally - you will always be remembered
Zenith. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #546
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Especially after losing to Pervak to start last year, its important for Caro to start well.
But this is certainly a workable draw.

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #547
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good draw.

More important than anything I am interested to see what brand of tennis she brings to the court this year. Was reading either yesterday or the day before an article by someone who (I assume) had been watching her practice in Sydney. It said Hogstedt really had her stepping up and whacking forehands (the article said just like Maria Sharapova before). Interested to see what happens if that's the route they are going down.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 04:44 PM   #548
country flag goldenlox

Caro played pretty well at the end of 2013. But I thought the same thing end of 2012.
She has to continue from where she ended last season and not go backwards.
This is a draw where if Caro plays like a YEC contender, only Kvitova can keep her from the final. If she falls back again, then she has a real problem her team has to deal with, because there's a hardcourt major in january and she has to treat that as her biggest goal of the whole year

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #549
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caro played pretty well at the end of 2013. But I thought the same thing end of 2012.
She has to continue from where she ended last season and not go backwards.
This is a draw where if Caro plays like a YEC contender, only Kvitova can keep her from the final. If she falls back again, then she has a real problem her team has to deal with, because there's a hardcourt major in january and she has to treat that as her biggest goal of the whole year
I'm a firm believer in that a new season is a new start though so to speak. And what happened at the end of last season doesn't have a large impact on the next season. The end of last season was a long time ago now.

The articles I've read give an impression that Caro's game has undergone a major reconstruction in the off season. Do you or others get that impression? Whether that's really the case I won't know until I see her play some top opposition. There's potential to get that this week.

I also wonder about the shoulder. Should keep an eye to see her service speeds this week.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #550
country flag goldenlox

To me, its mental. Caroline knows if she hits a forehand in the doubles alley at 4-5 15-30, its not smart.
But she doesnt play smart anymore. So no matter what a coach tells her, she won Tier I's, she won slam semi and YEC semi.
She knows when a bad error hurts and when its okay to risk it.
She has to value winning again. It looks like Jankovic & Ivanovic are starting to cycle back, its not beyond Caroline either
I think outside Serena, there's opportunity for everyone

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #551
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The articles I've read give an impression that Caro's game has undergone a major reconstruction in the off season.
I'm guessing that's the usual media exaggeration. Probably more tweaks and focus on stepping in, when she gets the short ball, imho. But we'll see.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #552
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I'm guessing that's the usual media exaggeration. Probably more tweaks and focus on stepping in, when she gets the short ball, imho. But we'll see.
Yes this is why I am interested to see it.

Quotes like this make me wonder "Sharapova's discarded mentor was doing with Wozniacki yesterday what he used to do with Sharapova, getting her to nail forehands, hitting them flat and hard, pausing and surging into them with the leg drive of a shot-putter."
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #553
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see or read that article but I did read some article couple months back that Hogstedt was trying too reconstruction her game and make her become little more aggressive and try finish off points. I hoping it true and it work out well

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #554
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
"Sharapova's discarded mentor was doing with Wozniacki yesterday what he used to do with Sharapova, getting her to nail forehands, hitting them flat and hard, pausing and surging into them with the leg drive of a shot-putter."

I am dialing the Hyperbole Police.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #555
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

I can see Caro drawing Goerges from all qualies
Anyway, I hope she's healthy and ready. I'm looking forward to seeing where her game is.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote