Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 10:07 PM   #1936
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So how are the courts playing in terms of speed and bounce?
someone on twitter said the courts are medium-fast and have a high bounce.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #1937
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Does Caro take into account who her next opponent is when she chooses a practice partner? She was practicing with Aga today and Petra over the weekend. Neither of those seem to be good approximations of Hantuchova as Kvitova is a lefty and Aga's shots are a lot less powerful than Hantuchova's and she moves a lot better also.

Besides that, I'd prefer that Caro not practice with Aga in general. Aga is too familiar with Caro's game as is and given Caro's losing streak against Aga, I'd prefer she not refresh Aga's familiarity with her game or expose any potential changes or improvements.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #1938
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes she does. I think she once practiced with Kvitova before a match against Robson. But focusing on Caro's own game is probably much more important.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #1939
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Caro plays NB 2:00 pm EST on Banque Nationale
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #1940
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is a crazy year for Caro. Starting with her saying yes to a marriage proposal. 2 different coaches come and go. It sounds like she's planning on retiring after 2016 Olympics and having kids. Then Rory calls for 3 minutes.
And its back to tennis.
I think hardcourts are her only realistic chance to ever contend at a major, so these next few weeks are the whole year for her tennis
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #1941
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ok draw for Caro. Hopefully she makes it to the 3rd round to play Bouchard.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #1942
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Good 6-1 6-1 win over Hantuchova in Montreal R1, Caroline !

Is Caroline really coming back to her old form ? We will see
Her slump started with loss to Hantuchova at French Open 2011
Now beat Koukalova. I want the first meeting with Bouchard !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #1943
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
someone on twitter said the courts are medium-fast and have a high bounce.
I see the high bounce but I'm not sure I'd call it medium-fast. It sometimes seems kind of difficult to finish points and there's too much successful retrieving/defending by players I wouldn't normally have considered as very good defenders.

I'm curious what others think.
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #1944
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Caro plays NB 2:00 pm on Court 9 with a possible court change. Can't wait!!!
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #1945
country flag wozniackiaus

wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future

EVERYONE VOTE CARO FOR PLAYER OF THE MONTH - JULY!!

it's on the wta website. The three nominees are Serena Williams, Simona Halep and Caroline Wozniacki!

IVANOVIC KIRILENKO BOUCHARD VIKA

TT - SINGLES - 153 DOUBLES - 177
SINGLES TITLES - PRAGUE 2014
wozniackiaus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #1946
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
Caro plays NB 2:00 pm on Court 9 with a possible court change. Can't wait!!!
No stream.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 09:56 AM   #1947
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

No stream? She did that to herself with years of poor results.
This is another winnable match. Its like playing Strycova. This is a veteran who hasnt won much, but will beat you if you play poorly.
Here is a chance to keep a winning streak going from Istanbul
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #1948
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm usally not bitching about scheduling but how the hell Cibulkova (#12) vs Watson (#57) put on televised court before Caro ( #13 and former champion) vs Koukalova ( #35)

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #1949
country flag njcbe

For those who are interested, here's my scouting report on Shelby Rogers:

She has a very good and powerful forehand which wins her a lot of points. Although she hits it very hard, she has a good deal of margin usually and it's pretty consistent.
Her backhand is another story. She has a very low shot tolerance for her backhand, as after three or four backhands in a row she'll either go for too much or make a sloppy error.
Her serve is durable as she is capable of hitting any serve and she moves the ball around the service box nicely. She can power up when she needs to and generally has success when doing so. However, she usually gets into trouble on serve when she just gets the serve in and becomes too passive on that shot.
She is not the best mover and is not in great shape although she has slimmed down considerably from last year.
She is usually very emotional on court, but has really cleaned that up over the past couple months.

Player Comparison: Karin Knapp
Rogers has a more consistent forehand than Knapp but her backhand is definitely worse. Serve, movement and pace are pretty comparable although Shelby can reign it in when she needs to.

Overall, Caro should win in straights, but Shelby will probably win more games than Dani or Klara did. Caro must exploit the backhand to backhand pattern and Caro's forehand up the line will be key to keep her out of forehand to forehand exchanges. Good luck Caro!!!
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #1950
country flag njcbe

Caro plays first match (at 12 pm) on Banque Nationale against Rogers. Go Caro!!!!