Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 111 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #1651
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
You're optimistic....
Well you gotta keep an open mind even through she been doing bad at the slam for past 2 yr, she still can turn her results around, make no sense too give up on her
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #1652
country flag wozniackiaus

wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of wozniackiaus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Well you gotta keep an open mind even through she been doing bad at the slam for past 2 yr, she still can turn her results around, make no sense too give up on her
Exactly! this sub forum has gone to pessimistic, everyone knows she is not what she used to be and yes there is still massive areas of improvements needed, but this year its come to the point where if anything says something optimistic other posters will argue against it and its always the same arguement i think we need to all be more optimistic. an example was when she used to watch golf, she liked it and its her life with what she wanted to do but people here kept on being like shes lost focus and its worng. i agree but it was here choice and we should all repect that.

IVANOVIC KIRILENKO BOUCHARD VIKA

TT - SINGLES - 161 DOUBLES - 177
SINGLES TITLES - PRAGUE 2014
wozniackiaus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM   #1653
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniackiaus View Post
Exactly! this sub forum has gone to pessimistic, everyone knows she is not what she used to be and yes there is still massive areas of improvements needed, but this year its come to the point where if anything says something optimistic other posters will argue against it and its always the same arguement i think we need to all be more optimistic. an example was when she used to watch golf, she liked it and its her life with what she wanted to do but people here kept on being like shes lost focus and its worng. i agree but it was here choice and we should all repect that.
I can only speak for myself of course, but I don't think I'm that pessimistic. I see it more as being realistic. To think that yesterday she was the player she has become over the last three years to someone who will challenge for a Wimbledon or USO title tomorrow just because Rory is out of her life is to use a popular GM word 'delusional.'

I'm hoping for gradual improvements. If she can win some matches on grass and have a decent USO series I'm happy. I don't expect her to win premier titles or better at this point. I think that in the months prior to the break-up with Rory there were some improvements in that she competed better again. Baby steps, but baby steps in the right direction. I hope she can continue doing that for the rest of the year.

Forget about winning majors, premier mandatory or premier5 events or qualifying for the YEC. That's not in the cards right now. But if she has turned a corner and we see her career trajectory go up again after three years of seeing it go in the opposite direction I'll be happy.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #1654
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Eastbourne draw:
Caro vs Stosur in R1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Main Draw:

[1] A. Radwanska vs Pavlyuchenkova
Q vs Makarova
Cornet vs Jovanovski
Riske vs [5] Kerber

[4] Azarenka vs Giorgi
Konta vs Q
Garcia vs Stephens
[8] Wozniacki vs Stosur

[7] Errani vs Q
Hantuchova vs Vinci
Peng vs Vesnina
Keys vs [3] Jankovic

[6] Pennetta vs Q
Watson vs Pironkova
Zhang vs Lepchenko
Safarova vs [2] Kvitova

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:11 PM.
CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #1655
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Tricky draw but it is always packed in Eastbourne.
They've played twice here (2008-09) one victory for each, both times it was competitive. A 50% match if both are healthy.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #1656
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur, Stephens, Azarenka.
Better off on grass probably, than hardcourt.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #1657
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Eastbourne draw:
Caro vs Stosur in R1!
Caroline's draw LOOKS awful when you look at those names. But Stosur is hardly a grasscourt great, so she could get past the first round. Although it's a difficult draw, only Radwanska and Kvitova will be (nearly) impossible imo. Azarenka also in theory, but after her long absence we don't really know where her game is at. In short, if all goes well she could win a few here.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #1658
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully one of the top seed pull out so the draw can change a bit but I kinda doubt that gonna happen
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #1659
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ok draw for Caro given the field. I'm not sure what to expect. Caro needs matches now regardless of what surface she's playing on.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #1660
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Good win over Stosur. Finally something positive !

Rory is away and Caroline has her first good win after some time

He was killing her career. Now reach Eastbourne QF, Caro

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #1661
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Got back from Eastbourne. Going again tomorrow (or rather today now). So glad she beat Sam cause I couldn't go on Monday and I'll now be able to see her (against Sloane).

Incidentally Caro was practicing on what seems to be her favourite practice court (court 10) with Cornet. Piotr was there and there were 2 guys in the court as well. It's the court I used to see her on all the time when she was younger and it's more out the way than practice courts 6 to 9. I think she's really been working hard since she got back from Miami. She got to Eastbourne to practice on grass last Wednesday - before the other players arrived.

Really hoping I see her beat Sloane. But just becuse Sloane virtually just gave up last time they met doesn't mean she'll be as easy or give up this time.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Jun 17th, 2014 at 11:20 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 03:38 AM   #1662
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is a big match, with Vika & Aga out. There is a chance to make this final, which is a good way to go into a major.
But Stephens is better than her record against Caroline and probably wants to show that.
Just like Wickmayer, players want revenge when they see Caro is struggling

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #1663
country flag goldenlox

Caroline beats Stosur & Stephens.
She's holding serve, especially late in sets.
There is a reason Nadal, Djokovic & Sharapova take their time & have rituals before serving. Unless you have a monster serve like Serena or Federer, the only way you win big is to be ready for every point on your serve and to make all of your serves matter.
Even if you get a time violation, its better than tossing in a fault bcause you aren't prepared.

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #1664
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Love it! Caro!

CaroWozniacki
Beautiful afternoon run.. Excited to see where the new road will take me...

hopefully not back to the Shire

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #1665
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see that Caro does in fact own someone consistently. Now it's time for some revenge!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote