Caro goals for 2015 thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #1
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Caro goals for 2015 thread

Another season over, another one to start less than two months from now. 2014 has been a memorable year. A year of two very different halves. The first half one of private happiness and professional misery. The second half one that started out with lots of private misery but ended up with her best tennis results in years. And it ended all in a blaze of glory with a fantastic YEC and a memorable marathon where fan and hater alike had to admit that she did very well.

With all that in mind, what do you guys expect/hope for from our girl in 2015?
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caro goals for 2015 thread

Realistic goals

-Win three tournaments, two of them above international level.
-Make it to the second week of at least three of the four majors (I can forgive her one slip up)
-Beat Serena Williams at least once (I love Serena, but a win against her always looks good on someone's year-end resume).
-Do at least reasonably well on clay, which should be possible.
-Top 5 year end ranking.

Best case scenario

-Win 4-5 wta tournaments, one or two of them premier mandatory/premier5's.
-Win a major.
-Have a positive combined h2h against top 10 players.
-Get back to #1 at some point during the season and be in the top three in the year end rankings.
-A new boyfriend who loves her more than life itself, but one who travels with her (and not vice versa) and urges her to continue playing tennis until she's at least 32.
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #3
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

What I want/hope!

1. Win a grand slam! ( I think it's very realistic goal if she can keep her form, play like she did at YEC and American hardcourt season!
2. No boyfriends!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #4
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
What I want/hope!

1. Win a grand slam! ( I think it's very realistic goal if she can keep her form, play like she did at YEC and American hardcourt season!
2. No boyfriends!
I agree that no new boyfriend would be best. But she's a lovely beautiful girl, so there will be one sooner or later. If so I hope it will be one of the type I've described. One who REALLY loves her, but doesn't take her mind away from tennis.
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #5
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Realistic goals

-Make it to the second week of at least three of the four majors (I can forgive her one slip up)
-Beat Serena Williams at least once (I love Serena, but a win against her always looks good on someone's year-end resume).
-Top 5 year end ranking.

Best case scenario

-Win a major.
-Get back to #1 at some point during the season and be in the top three in the year end rankings.
-A new boyfriend who loves her more than life itself, but one who travels with her (and not vice versa) and urges her to continue playing tennis until she's at least 32.
These are perfect.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #6
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Realistic goals

-Top 5 year end ranking.

Best case scenario

-Win a major.
  1. Because it's been so long - the single biggest goal in my mind right now is to just win a tournament above International level.
    Admittedly if she does - I'll want another though - but just getting one big title is what I'd choose if only allowed one goal.
  2. Although I like the goal of making it to the 2nd week in 3 of the 4 slams, I'm going for a pretty tough goal of making it to SF or better at AO and USO.
    The thing is if she just made it to the 2nd week at AO and USO and then immediately got knocked out - that would leave me with a feeling of underperforming there (unless she had to beat Sharapova to do it).

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #7
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree that no new boyfriend would be best. But she's a lovely beautiful girl, so there will be one sooner or later. If so I hope it will be one of the type I've described. One who REALLY loves her, but doesn't take her mind away from tennis.
I think that she'd soon have her sights set on marriage and children though so for selfish reasons that I want to see her stay playing well at tennis - I'm hoping boyfriends will be a while yet.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 04:28 PM   #8
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Considering this latest triathlon thing my main goal for her now is getting to Januari in one piece. God only knows what madness she'll have in store for us next.
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #9
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I want her to get back to #1 and be a slam contender. And not just at hard court majors. Caroline's 1st big final was Madrid and she won Eastbourne.
I want her to contend at all majors and take #1 from her buddy.
If she only wins an Intl for a 3rd straight year, I dont see that as improvement
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #10
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I want her to get back to #1 and be a slam contender. And not just at hard court majors. Caroline's 1st big final was Madrid and she won Eastbourne.
She has done nothing on clay and grass for quite some time. With the confidence she has now, I hope that changes.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #11
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
She has done nothing on clay and grass for quite some time. With the confidence she has now, I hope that changes.
I remember in 2011, she played very well after unraveling in AO semis vs Li.
Won Charleston, finals in Stuttgart, semi in Rome, won Brussels.
Then the Rory years started.
I still think she can contend at all majors, and if she retires with no win at Wimbledon after round 3, ever, it will look like she was very soft at that major.
There is still a lot to accomplish, which makes all these testing runs and swims seem dangerous

Old Nov 9th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #12
country flag Rodzilla

Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future Rodzilla has a brilliant future

on the court- win a grand slam

off the court- dont get engaged and then get dumped, but if she does get engaged at least convert it into a marriage
Rodzilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 06:49 AM   #13
country flag goldenlox

There are a lot of people who think defensive players like Caroline and Aga will never win a major.
They both already had good chances, but they dont hold their level late in majors.
Just like Caro fell apart one point from an AO final, Radwanska was terrible the whole AO semi vs Cibulkova, a player she had beaten 60 60 in a final.
If they never win a major, its because they cannot hold their level throughout the major, not because they play great defense.
I see that as an important goal for both players. They both win mandatories and premier 5's but keep playing lousy at too many majors.
Can you imagine them both retiring with a combined 70 or 80 titles, maybe 100 titles, and no majors?
They're on their way right now.

Old Nov 11th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #14
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

My goals for her are whatever Wozniacki's are
manixdk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 05:01 AM   #15
country flag goldenlox

The more I read GM, the more I think players without a big title, like Jankovic & Safina are under rated.
Caroline's played in what? 25 - 30 majors? YEC's Olympics. She needs to win a big title, a really big title, or she will be under rated too, after she's retired