Hewitt saves two match points and world #1 ranking!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:35 PM   #1
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Hewitt saves two match points and world #1 ranking!!

Lleyton Hewitt nailed a backhand down the line to save a match point on El Aynaoui's serve today and then went on to break the Moroccan four times in the last 11 games of the match!!!!! Lleyton showed why he is number one in the world coming up with unbelievable sliced forehand and backhand returns, hitting amazing angles off of both wings, employing difficult down the line shots, a deft drop shot to set up a set point in the second set, unreal topspin lobs and passing shots and inspired tennis to overcome a dangerous and talented opponent in El Aynaoui!!!!!!

And this all under the pressure of knowing that he had not broken El Aynaoui in six sets of tennis and that his world #1 ranking was on the line.

LLEYTON YOU ARE THE BEST! BRILLIANT GENIUS OF COUNTERPUNCHING!

Hewitt def El Aynaoui 4-6, 7-5, 6-2

ALSO: Coetzer def Hantuchova 6-4, 6-4.
treufreund is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:40 PM   #2
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
What a fighter...MY GOD

I feel bad for Younes though....I guess Hewitt really showed why he was the #1 player
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #3
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
Younes was laboring at the end of that second set and I knew that if he didnt take in in two he was going down

He made a critical error in one of his early Mp's by failing to come to net behind a huge forehand deep in the corner

SERENA. MUGU. VIKA. PETKO. CARO. TIMEA. SVETA. HEATHER. KAIA. TAMIRA.
FLAVIA. GEORGI. COCO. LUCIE, SLOANE. KAIA, ALICIA. JAEDA. CICI. FRANCOISE.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. SHENAY. DINARA. GISELA. SPREM.
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:58 PM   #4
england_rules

Congrats Lleyton!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Younes really ran out of Peeler Power
he missed 3 MP's in all
one at 3-5 and two on his own serve at 5-4
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #6
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
Damn ESPN stopped showing the match right when the 3rd set started! They cut to women's college basketball instead. Does anyone even watch women's basketball?
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #7
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
ESPN is dumb. But the third set went pretty quickly.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 01:38 AM   #8
o0O0o

o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point
Women's basketball is insulting. They would lose to a good group of 8th grade males. The halftime score was what, 20-18? The best women's college team in the country scored 18 points at half-time. Pathetic. Easily the most painful to watch sport women play.

Anyway, I can't believe Hewwitt got to that forehand. He then lobbed it up into the corner (if El Aynoui tried to smash it, as someone suggested, he would have been hitting it out of the air way in the back court) and then Hewwitt hit a backhand down the line that hit both lines. Unbelievable.

@ Hewwitt.

@ Younes.

He's lost a couple of tight matches this year. Choking?
o0O0o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 01:42 AM   #9
country flag treufreund

Thanks oO0Oo for the objective analysis. Many potato peeler wannabes never give Lleyton credit. Even though I was for Lleyton is Australia I give credit to Younes. Btw, Lleyton does too in his interviews. But today when it counted Lleyton made some subtle tactical changes and went with more effective shot placement and stroke type on key points even if he had to hit shots that are not his favorite ones. That's the proof of a great player when you hit shots up the line in the corner or hit great one handed slice forehand and backhands when that is not your usual game. He does what it takes to win. El Aynaoui did not play like he did at the Oz Open but who can play that way on every point against Lleyt?
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 02:11 AM   #10
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Hewitt still needs to make quarters or #1 is gone. If he loses before the quarters, Agassi overtakes him.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 02:38 AM   #11
country flag treufreund

Yes but he did save his ranking today. That is all I was saying. of course he still needs to make it to the quarters but he can pick up pts in Miami where Agassi was defending champion.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #12
country flag Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute
OMG, sounds like Lleyton was once again his awesome self. Pity the match wasn't shown here.
What a tennis player he is.
Hagar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote