Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #106
country flag Graf~Dokic

Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

Good luck in the final tomorrow.

Mona Barthel - Karolina Šprem
Daniela Hantuchová - Yaroslava Shvedova
Petra Cetkovská - Mirjana Lučić - Ivana Lisjak
Graf~Dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #107
country flag Graf~Dokic

Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future

And good news about the wild card next week.

Mona Barthel - Karolina Šprem
Daniela Hantuchová - Yaroslava Shvedova
Petra Cetkovská - Mirjana Lučić - Ivana Lisjak
Graf~Dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #108
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

She'll be 2nd seed.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #109
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully the hesse match was a turning points for miki. it would have been so easy to let that one go, but she fought and got through. looks like two more weeks of tennis in france, good luck miki!
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #110
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

An Sophie Mestach is beating Moore up 3-1 in the 3rd set. Mestache is a promising young player who has had injury problems. If she beats Moore, it should be a good match against Mirjana. Moore would be the easier opponent, in my opinion.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #111
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

An-Sophie did a smart move and played 3 weak challengers in Japan in May (2 on grass, one on hard). She won one 50k and was in 2 finals and that made her jump the rankings.
She clearly likes fast surfaces and is in good form but her results can not be compered to Mirjana's.
Her best win is over Cadantu(but on grass where Cadantu is useless).
She has never won WTA level match, this year Mirjana won 8 WTA MD matches.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #112
ajmo!

With final she earned some 4000$, if she wins tomorrow it will be 7,600.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #113
ajmo!

So, plan is to play 4 weeks in a row:
this week -> Limoges 50k ->Poiters 100k ->Barnstaple 75k

Interesting

Who knows, if she'll need more matches maybe even 5 with Istanbul 50k or 25k Equeurdreville

I know it probably will not happen but I would love if she would finish year at Dubai 75k.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #114
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

You're right. Mestache's ranking is a bit over-inflated with the easy challengers you mentioned. But, she is young and has a good junior pedigree so she is clearly a talented player. Moore would have been easier, but Mirjana should still be the favorite to win the tournament.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #115
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
So, plan is to play 4 weeks in a row:
this week -> Limoges 50k ->Poiters 100k ->Barnstaple 75k

Interesting

Who knows, if she'll need more matches maybe even 5 with Istanbul 50k or 25k Equeurdreville

I know it probably will not happen but I would love if she would finish year at Dubai 75k.
I think it's good she's playing Limoges. She always seems to play better with some matches under her belt. She'll be in good form there. Four weeks in a row is a lot, so maybe if she does pretty well in Limoges, she can skip Poiters, then return at Barnstaple. The best thing is all these tournaments are on indoor hard and give her a great chance to earn a lot of pts.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #116
ajmo!

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100030136

Draw is already partly made. I think it's an error and Koehler should be in Mirjana's quater.
I do like the fact that Konta and Hradecka are in other half.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #117
ajmo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I think it's good she's playing Limoges. She always seems to play better with some matches under her belt. She'll be in good form there. Four weeks in a row is a lot, so maybe if she does pretty well in Limoges, she can skip Poters, then return at Barnstaple. The best thing is all these tournaments are on indoor hard and give her a great chance to earn a lot of pts.
I know, but big points are on offer in Poiters.
For SF there she would get 70 point(same as for title in Limoges).
If she could somehow win Poiters that is 140 points. that's huge.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #118
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Really like the "signal" Miki is giving by playing four (possibly five) weeks in a row, four being indoor events. She is a player who grooves on a roll, in all kinds of events, as we all know. Her results throughout her career have borne that out. Her body had a nice break from the arduous outdoor hard courts this summer and, with luck and a nice amount of added confidence and adrenaline, she could possibly put the next month to good use and finish a season in the Top 100. If she's having fun out there, she can enjoy this race to finish the season knowing she'll be home for the holidays with (all things considered) her best season behind her -- esp. given the HUGE leap into doubles Top 40.

Try your best tomorrow, Miki. Going to be tough, but have fun out there and show what you can do.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #119
country flag SERVivor

good to see Limoges has a website. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have livestreaming. The French Men's indoor challengers all have great livestreams and good crowds. I guess the women's itf's don't get the same support.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #120
country flag SERVivor

Singles Main Draw

(6)Maria Joao Koehler (POR) v Viktorija Golubic (SUI)
Ana Konjuh (CRO) v Q
Tara Moore (GBR) v Jovana Jaksic (SRB)
(2/wc)Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (CRO) v Kristyna Pliskova (CZE)

She gets the weaker Pliskova.

Last edited by SERVivor : Oct 12th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.