Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #151
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

What does it matter who she draws ? Her matches are on her own racquet. She can lose to Dabrowski and Vickery when she is off so the opponent really isn't an issue.
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #152
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

tough draw but all in her quarter are beatable.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #153
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdelaney View Post
What does it matter who she draws ? Her matches are on her own racquet. She can lose to Dabrowski and Vickery when she is off so the opponent really isn't an issue.
Yes but she always needs some easy R1 to get her game together, feel the surface, get some confidence etc.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #154
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Of course Miki gets thrown into the most stacked quarter of the draw. A couple years ago, this could be a bracket in some Premier event.

Things have changed, though, since most of these girls are in the dumps from their glory days. McHale has taken a real confidence hit coming back from mono (but there is still the memory of that Stanford HORROR couple years ago -- beating Miki 0 and 1) and Watson and Hradecka are question marks, always.

The real wild card in all this is the indoor conditions that could favor the big, flatter shotmakers and servers. Trouble is that everyone in this quarter is exactly that!

Hradecka is interesting because she hits two hands off both sides, I believe, and Miki has had some really good luck against players who do that.

If she can get the quarterfinals here and 36 points, it would be a triumph, IMO. Hope she's motivated.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #155
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Wanna guess who won Limoges? Pliskova
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #156
ajmo!

After bad loss in Limoges, Paszek and Miki again teamed up in Poiters. Again first seeds, but draw is stronger. Will need to play better to get some wins.

I wish she teamed up with somebody like Watson.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM   #157
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

there is a livestream for Poiters. Maybe even two courts
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM   #158
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
there is a livestream for Poiters. Maybe even two courts
Miki first up on CC tomorrow. It's going to be a tough fight, but if she's steady she can make trouble for Hradecka. She'll have to serve out wide and pull Hradecka off court, take her out of her zone with that limited "two hands on both sides" reach. Hradecka won't have the kind of time she needs to set-up for those two-handers on the fast indoor court, not the way she likes to do on clay. Miki ought to use the drop shot when prudent, too; Hradecka's mobility is suspect going forward, despite her solid status as a net player. Miki, as always, will have to have super footwork to deal with Hradecka's angles.

Good luck, ML-B. What a tough draw, but this is tennis. It's why she's out there still trying.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 08:27 PM   #159
country flag SERVivor

Giorgi, who was in her quarter, pulled out. So her quarter a little easier, theoretically, now
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:25 PM   #160
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Lucic retired hope she's ok
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM   #161
country flag SERVivor

yeah pulled out of doubles as well. I really hope it is nothing serious and she can play next week at Barnstaple.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 07:07 PM   #162
ajmo!

it sucks either way
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM   #163
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
it sucks either way
I can't say that I'm very hopeful, either, but if she's fit there's every chance for a good draw at least to the QFs of Barnstaple and she can get on a roll. The outdoor hard court event in Florida (where she is currently seeded #2) is stacked with strong, dangerous circuit players ... and we all know how well Miki plays on outdoor Florida hard courts. I kinda wished she had stayed on the Continent and vultured points at the $25K in France, then hopped over for the Dubai $75K, both after Barnstaple. I think her Top 100 finish would have been guaranteed. Not so sure, now, unless she wins one of the next two scheduled events. Good luck, anyhow, ML-B. Rouse your best stuff to make a solid finish in 2014 and then enjoy some down-time & holidays,

Alexandra Stevenson signed my cup at Burger King last week. She was working, but she still took the time for a fan!
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 03:17 PM   #164
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

^ MikiReturns-- I thought you'd retired from TF due to a job overseas?
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #165
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
^ MikiReturns-- I thought you'd retired from TF due to a job overseas?
Mission accomplished in the working sphere and, like Hingis, I tend to come back when I probably shouldn't.