Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #136
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

Well done on winning 50k Joue-Les-Tours title, Mirjana !

Finally another title. So happy for her. Important ranking points. Keep it up

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #137
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

She lost in R1 today but she did great winning the title last week so I won't complain.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #138
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

she's officially in the Main draw acceptance list of Poiters now, and for Barnstaple
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #139
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
She lost in R1 today but she did great winning the title last week so I won't complain.
Yeah. I'd rather see her do well and save her biggest focus for matches where the points are more generous (Poitiers & Barnstaple). She probably should have won this match today, but Pliskova was the toughest first-round possible for a seed like Miki, what with her height and recent high from doing pretty well in singles to qualify at Linz and take the dubs for a historical win with her twin.

The coming 100 & 75K events are where she needs to really shine. Still no word on where or IF she'll play the week after Barnstaple, but she's got to get at least 80-100 singles points before year's end to finish in the Top 100.

She got 70 in just one tournament. I have to think she can maybe manage 80 over the course of three or four more, in addition to Limoges.

In that sense, it's too bad she was upset today. Could have used a couple of wins and some points in the bank, and I hoped the tournament win would get her on a roll.

I think she'll secure OZ Open main draw no matter what, though.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #140
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

A little disappointing but nothing tragic. Come back strong next week, lady.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #141
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
I think she'll secure OZ Open main draw no matter what, though.
Yup. That's the most important thing.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #142
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

lost in doubles 10-8 3rd set tb. no big deal. got some more practice for next week.
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #143
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Miki is entered in the $50K event on Captiva Island, FL as the No. 2 seed so far, starting November 4, the week after Barnstaple.

She's really determined to get some matches before the close of 2013. She's off to such a fantastic start, winning the whole event in Joie-les-Tours -- I hope she can have fun at these coming three events in a row, presumably, and seal the Top 100 status for the end of the year. Lots of chances and I still think she's obviously regained her form. She'll be fresh for Poitiers next week.

We all need to hope for some good draws!
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #144
country flag SERVivor

I think losing early this week isn't such a bad thing. She'll be ready for her first match at Poiters, where a lot of pts. are available. I just hope she gets a good/lucky draw there. Then, she can use her first match to get to peak form. I think it was a good idea to enter so many tournaments. She can always drop out of the Florida 50K if she does really well in Europe. If she doesn't do so well, she can still have it to fall back on.
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #145
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

She's gonna be seeded in GB..
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #146
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Also, PLiskova easily into SF?
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #147
ajmo!

I just saw WTA 125 in Taipei is played on Gerflor Taraflex which is the fastest surface on tour, also indoors. Wish she entered
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #148
ajmo!

After Lucic match, Pliskova hasn't dropped a set until final.
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #149
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
After Lucic match, Pliskova hasn't dropped a set until final.
Noticed that. Hopefully Mirjana noticed it, too, and realizes she was beaten by a really in-form player and it could have gone her way, too. Get her fired up for the next events. Lots of tennis ahead for her next few weeks. Hope she puts all her focus into it & feels uplifted by her first title in three years.
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #150
ajmo!

(6)Christina McHale (USA) v Heather Watson (GBR)
Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (CRO) v Lucie Hradecka (CZE)
Vesna Dolonc (SRB) v Camila Giorgi (ITA)
(3)Alison Riske (USA) v Yulia Putintseva (KAZ)

Oh come on draw gods, this is insane for ITF tournament