Indonesian tennis - Page 82 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #1216
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Re: Indonesian tennis

What a shame, and waste of opportunities... Can't be helped, I guess.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #1217
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
What a shame, and waste of opportunities... Can't be helped, I guess.
when ever they are away for tourneys, they miss classes of course...so, for exam, no choice to take it or else they will not graduate from junior high school...

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #1218
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:16 AM   #1219
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

As we all know now, Sandy lost in the SF at $25K Balikpapan.

Didn't want to say anything earlier in case it'd jinx her, but this week was extremely imporant. Wimbledon entries will be based on the rankings that come out with the Balikpapan points. What a shame... I guess Sandy was under pressure about that, too.

Based on entries, looks like her schedule will be:
Week of 12 May: $50K Kurume, JPN
Week of 19 May: $25K Nagano, JPN
Week of 26 May: $25K Gunma, JPN (not yet released, but I assume she'll be playing there)

How do you guys think she'll do on synethetic grass? She was on 1-2 on it, last year.

Doesn't look like she's aspiring to play RG anymore, which I think is a good decision.
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #1220
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of

Quote:
As we all know now, Sandy lost in the SF at $25K Balikpapan.

Didn't want to say anything earlier in case it'd jinx her, but this week was extremely imporant. Wimbledon entries will be based on the rankings that come out with the Balikpapan points. What a shame... I guess Sandy was under pressure about that, too.

Based on entries, looks like her schedule will be:
Week of 12 May: $50K Kurume, JPN
Week of 19 May: $25K Nagano, JPN
Week of 26 May: $25K Gunma, JPN (not yet released, but I assume she'll be playing there)

How do you guys think she'll do on synethetic grass? She was on 1-2 on it, last year.

Doesn't look like she's aspiring to play RG anymore, which I think is a good decision.
well, maybe she was under pressure due to her ranking...but as I told u before she was tensed coz she had order by 2 mamas...LOL...to be winner at Balikpapan...her mental was fragile for sure...Gonna be tough in Japan I bet...She is catching-up more points so that she can save her ranking in July (Boston's SF points)...In July, she will play National Games...

www.tnol.asia

Last edited by Shine On Silver Moon : May 9th, 2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #1221
Shine On Silver Moon

Grace Sari Ysidora almost 15 yo - just ended her national examination for junior high yesterday and starting today, she tasted her first rigorous practice 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon...She has been learning how to do bh slice...Next week, she has to take her school examination...

Grace's tentative schedule:

May 20-24 - "Sportama Championships" 2nd leg in Surabaya/senior national series (in the 1st leg she was semi-finalist) - 2 more legs and in December, final masters for 8 players only - organized by Angie's sport management

June 17-22 - ITF Grade 4 Thamrin Cup in Jakarta (semi-finalist last year)
June 24-29 - ITF Grade 4 Oneject in Bandung (semi-finalist last year)

July 6-17 - National Games in Balikpapan, representing North Sumatra

Late July - Solo, Indonesia 10K

Early August - Jakarta 10K

She was selected by ITF to be in U-16 ITF team but she refused to join

www.tnol.asia
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #1222
country flag Rising Sun

Any idea why Grace refused to join? It may have been a good experience for her...
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #1223
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Grace joined the U14 and she didn't feel that the program suited her and she missed out quite a chunk of junior/national tournaments last year. Basically they only played the U14 tourneys in Europe.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #1224
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Any idea why Grace refused to join? It may have been a good experience for her...
Based on the observation by her coach, in U-16 ITF team - top junior players are not in this camp and Felix was right, Grace felt that she wasted her time last year and missed chances to play tourneys.

She was planning to play 3 weeks in Europe (grade 2 Hungary, 1 Germany and 2 Germany) next month in which the same week as RG and warm-ups on grass - but her coach did not agree since she did not have enough preparation. So, she had no choice to play 2 of grade 4 in Indonesia next month. Still tentative but it is likely she will tour to North America in August and her management will propose her to get WC Qual for WTA Bali.

I believe after she graduates from Jr High, Grace will take home schooling so she can fully concentrate on her morning and afternoon trainings. That's gonna make a big difference in her rigor and consistency, I think.

www.tnol.asia
Old May 10th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #1225
country flag Rising Sun

Thanks for explaining, guys!

I guess that's understandable. Is there an U-18 team? Perhaps that would be good for Grace in the future. I think her aim should be to play in the Junior slams the next couple of hours, since the competition will be top notch.

Speaking of which, I'm pleasantly surprised that Jessy Rompies will be playing RG Juniors. It seems like a while since an Indonesian has competed in the European slams! Should be a great experience.
Old May 10th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #1226
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Thanks for explaining, guys!

I guess that's understandable. Is there an U-18 team? Perhaps that would be good for Grace in the future. I think her aim should be to play in the Junior slams the next couple of hours, since the competition will be top notch.

Speaking of which, I'm pleasantly surprised that Jessy Rompies will be playing RG Juniors. It seems like a while since an Indonesian has competed in the European slams! Should be a great experience.
I think there is an U-18 team and Rompies is in it now. Today, she left for Europe. Rompies turned 18 yo last month so this her final year to play Jr GS. Beatrice is in RG's qual list.

www.tnol.asia
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #1227
country flag Rising Sun

Sandy's the 2nd seed at $50K Kurume with a good draw. Hope she takes advantage of this...

Anyway, here's a pic from the player's party. It's supposed to be the seeded players (R-L), but I don't see Sandy anywhere. I wonder if she's even made it to Japan? She's not in the doubles draw either...

Last edited by Rising Sun : May 12th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #1228
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Luke, is the first girl from the left, Sandy?

There is no news about Sandy on the Indonesian's newspapers. Hope Adjie can help us.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #1229
country flag Rising Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-lix View Post
Luke, is the first girl from the left, Sandy?

There is no news about Sandy on the Indonesian's newspapers. Hope Adjie can help us.
No, the players are standing in order of seeding.

From L-R: Hisamatsu, Takao, Hwang, Sema, Barry, Okamoto & South.

Sandy would've been standing between Okamoto & South.

Either she hasn't arrived in Japan yet, or she decided not to go to the players' party.
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #1230
country flag Rising Sun

My worst fear came true, Sandy's no longer in the draw. Wonder what happened?

What a waste of opportunity, being the No.2 seed with a great draw!

Last edited by Rising Sun : May 13th, 2008 at 10:04 AM.