Indonesian tennis - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #1051
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Re: Indonesian tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-lix View Post
Jessy is through to her second straight SF in Bangkok.

Sandy won her first round @ 10K Wichita. While Romana and Lavina crashed out early.

Now the most ridiculous thing is that next week three of them are playing 10K before going back to Indonesia to train for pointless Universiade game in Thailand. WTF What a great scheduling.
what ru talking about??? Jessy lost in QF last week, Vivien reached SF...Btw, only Sandy and Lavinia will play Evansville 10K next week, Romana has never entered E'ville...Romana lives in San Jose area, so she is taking rest I think...Only Sandy and Lavinia will return to Jakarta as prep for Universiade...Septi Mende will join them...Just blame it on Suzanna for "awesome" scheduling...

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #1052
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. I wrote that on the other thread but then I wrote the SF on this thread. Silly me

I just feel that it's such a wasted opportunity to go back to Jakarta after going all the way here and just play for one month. It was Suzanna's idea? I thought it was the Mommy Martina.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #1053
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

It's very disappointing to see Sandy playing $10Ks even though her ranking would've been high enough for the $50K events...

Unfortunately, she's withdrawn from $75K Washington DC...

Looks like Romana is playing Stanford qualies. She's currently in awful form though.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 04:55 AM   #1054
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't understand why Sandy didn't try to play Stanford qualies, like Romana, then she can go back to Jakarta for Universiade preparation

what a wasted opportunity for Sandy to try on WTA Tour again, after all she's already in US

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #1055
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, anyone know how is Jessy's game? She seems to be in excellent form lately

Does she have good prospect to do well in tennis?

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 08:04 AM   #1056
country flag Temi4 fromLatvia

Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice Temi4 fromLatvia is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buitenzorg View Post
what???
Temi4 fromLatvia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #1057
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-lix View Post
LOL. I wrote that on the other thread but then I wrote the SF on this thread. Silly me

I just feel that it's such a wasted opportunity to go back to Jakarta after going all the way here and just play for one month. It was Suzanna's idea? I thought it was the Mommy Martina.
yeah, have u been partying???
Indeed, it was such a wasted opt...Yup, Suzanna's idea for sure...she is the confidant of BMW and BMW will just sign a check...

BMW = Bu Martina Widjaja, Boss Martina Widjaja

www.tnol.asia
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #1058
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
It's very disappointing to see Sandy playing $10Ks even though her ranking would've been high enough for the $50K events...

Unfortunately, she's withdrawn from $75K Washington DC...

Looks like Romana is playing Stanford qualies. She's currently in awful form though.
As long as Sandy is under Suzanna's belt and is trained and on the tour with the finance of BMW, Sandy has to obey everything...also the other gals...All these gals in BMW camp - Sandy, Lavinia, Vivien Silfany, Jessy, Lutfiana, Beatrice - whenever they get prize money, BMW will deduct 80% so the gals can keep 20%...

Romana had been reluctant to play SEA Games 2007 since Jakarta 25K right before Asian Games Doha last year. She knew and became hesitant coz Angie did not want it...But after Yayuk Basuki persuaded Romana, then she has agreed to play SEA Games in Bangkok...right now, she having low motivation...poor, Romana...

www.tnol.asia
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #1059
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118 View Post
I can't understand why Sandy didn't try to play Stanford qualies, like Romana, then she can go back to Jakarta for Universiade preparation

what a wasted opportunity for Sandy to try on WTA Tour again, after all she's already in US
Based on what I knew, they were planning to play tourneys as well as to have training in San Jose area where Romana resides...when BMW changes her mind, everyone must bow her..she is the boss...

www.tnol.asia
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #1060
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118 View Post
Btw, anyone know how is Jessy's game? She seems to be in excellent form lately

Does she have good prospect to do well in tennis?
Henry, Jessy or known as Eci is indeed very potential player...Her dad is from Manado, North Sulawesi and her mom is from Solo, Central Java...She has a big forehand and good & strong serve...She is an all court player...she can hit all groundstrokes quite well...based on my observation, it is typical that all court player develop in a slower pace...so, it will take sometime for Eci to mature...especially her mental toughness (including emotions)...she has said before that when she knew there was an opportunity to win, then she is afraid to win...but I think, recently she has been learning the point of what she has said...Yes, she will surpass stagnant Lutfi and roller coaster Vivien Silfany as well as her senior, Lavinia Tananta...Eci needs to cut down her UE step by step...I think, she is 5' 7'' now...at least...

www.tnol.asia
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #1061
Shine On Silver Moon

Jakarta Governor Cup 2007

women's singles

QF:
(1) Ayu Fani d (5) Mia Sacca 62 62
(4) Eny Sulistyowati d (6) Dian Anggraini 63 63
Septi Mende d (3) Wukirasih Sawondari 57 76(4) 75
(2) Beatrice Gumulya d (7) Liza Andriyani 76(0) 64

last year winner - Lavinia Tananta

www.tnol.asia
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #1062
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine On Silver Moon View Post
As long as Sandy is under Suzanna's belt and is trained and on the tour with the finance of BMW, Sandy has to obey everything...also the other gals...All these gals in BMW camp - Sandy, Lavinia, Vivien Silfany, Jessy, Lutfiana, Beatrice - whenever they get prize money, BMW will deduct 80% so the gals can keep 20%...

Romana had been reluctant to play SEA Games 2007 since Jakarta 25K right before Asian Games Doha last year. She knew and became hesitant coz Angie did not want it...But after Yayuk Basuki persuaded Romana, then she has agreed to play SEA Games in Bangkok...right now, she having low motivation...poor, Romana...
Wow, only 20%?!
That's even less than the CTA...

How are the financial backgrounds of these players? Aren't their families able to support them or is it absolutely necessary (finance wise) for the players mentioned to be under Mama Martina? I used to think Sandy was of a pretty privileged background.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 02:20 AM   #1063
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
Wow, only 20%?!
That's even less than the CTA...

How are the financial backgrounds of these players? Aren't their families able to support them or is it absolutely necessary (finance wise) for the players mentioned to be under Mama Martina? I used to think Sandy was of a pretty privileged background.
Speaking of 20%, that's why Septi Mende, Maya Rosa left the national camp. Moreover, the physical training is always inconsistent there. In terms of financial background, I also used to think that Sandy is quite well off but apparently her dad's business has been struggling. Lavinia's family is able to fund on their own but it seems only for tour in the Asia Pacific region. Jessy's dad is a retired man now. Lutfi's dad is a local tennis coach in Kudus, small town in Central Java. Vivien Silfany's family is also tough to be on their own. Vivien Silfany and Lutfi are recently employed by Pertamina, the state owned oil & gas company (Mia Sacca also) so they may get fund from their employer for their tour and education if they decide to go university. But for the time being, BMW is the sole financier for all these gals...

As far as I know, in Indonesia - the richest family is Diana Julianto's but you know she decided to go on her education in China. I saw her 2 weeks ago at Bandung ITF Grade 4 when she chatted with Yayuk Basuki. Next, we all know - the Widjajas, Angie's family. From Surabaya, the Limantoros must be a rich family. Their daughter, Christina Limantoro, 15 yo has been trained at Bollettieri's camp in the past year. I saw her picture when she played her 1st two ITF grade 4 in Thailand recently. Christina looks like Dellacqua indeed, body wise. In the two tourneys, she lost in 1st round, so no point gained. I doubt that Christina is a talented player.

As of now, I do not expect much on Sandy anymore. I bet on Jessy's bright prospect. Then the next layer is two 14 yo, Grace Sari Ysidora and Chyntia Melita Setyawan (now they are in ITF team U-14 touring Europe) but again these gals desperately seek sponsors. BMW has been trying to get them, especially Grace but both players have been refusing BMW's offer. Grace has been coached by Angie's former coach, Meiske Wiguna who coached Angie until she was 13 yo. Chyntia has been coached part-time by Angie's coach, Deddy Tedjamukti. Chyntia has a big forehand for junior nationally and has power, in par with Jessy. While, Grace has the best backhand among junior players nationally.

Latest development, Nadia Ravita, 13 yo - niece of Deddy Tedjamukti - has been progressing in U-16 nationally. She has good groundstrokes, typical attacking baseliner. Her shortcoming: her height (very tiny). She has been defeating older players in the last 3 months. Nadia's dad, Hawin Sutopo was once in the national squad for Davis Cup. Her mom, Luky Tedjamukti, Deddy's younger sister - was once in the national team for SEA Games 1987. It is such an enjoyment to watch Nadia's game. I just hope, she can grow a bit taller.

www.tnol.asia
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 05:45 AM   #1064
Shine On Silver Moon

Obituary - Mr Happy Tedjamukti passed away on July 21, 2007 at 2:15 am in Jakarta.

Mr Tedjamukti is the father of former players Deddy Tedjamukti dan Luky Tedjamukti. Deddy has been coaching Angie, Lavinia Tananta, Septi Mende, Chyntia Melita. Luky used to coach Jogasuria sisters, Febri Joana. But not many people knew that actually Wynne Prakusya in her early career was coached by Deddy but then Deddy wanted to focus on Angie, so Deddy asked Suharyadi (Basuki's hubby) to take care of Wynne until then Suharyadi and Yayuk handed Wynne to Suzanna...

www.tnol.asia
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 05:50 AM   #1065
Shine On Silver Moon

BMW's gals are still 10K players...

Wichita, KS 10K QF: (6) Jennifer Ellie def. (1) Sandy Gumulya 67(5) 64 76(2)

www.tnol.asia