Indonesian tennis - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 03:55 AM   #46
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Not Very Good Result

NZ F2, Christchurch, New Zealand (Total prize money 10,000 bucks) from March 3-9, 2003

Our male player, Hendri Susilo Pramono - a qualifier - lost to another qualifier in first round. Hendri lost to Yu Wang of China - 16 63 57!

NZ F3, North Harbour, New Zealand (Total prize money 10,000 bucks) from March 10-16, 2003

Singles:

1st round - Hendri Susilo Pramono (q) lost to Mustafa Ghouse (IND/7) 57 46

Doubles:

1st round - Febi Widhianto/Hendri Susilo Pramono (INA) def. Jaco Mathew/Rishi Sridhar (IND) 67(5) 63 62

QF - Febi/Hendri lost to Stephane Bohli/Jun Kato (SUI/JPN/1) 26 16
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 08:15 AM   #47
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Unhappy Lack Of Professionalism By Sport Journalists

Local sport journalists are mostly not specialized on certain sport such as tennis...Again and again, both TV news or newspaper news are decorated with some mistakes information! TV reporters are bad...They come to a tournament site and they just get the final results and they do not know how to get good angle of tennis match! Once in a famous sport tabloid, it was written that Agassi was born in Iran!!! Yes, he has Iranian blood from his dad, reporters! In the last 2 days, one newspaper and a sport tabloid mentioned that Diana Julianto is still junior player! They just did not know what they wrote to the public...Oh, well...I have sent complain to them and wel will see what is gonna happen next time! It is embarassing as local journalist and you do not know your own local players?
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:02 AM   #48
Shine On Silver Moon

Keep going!!!

Angie is reaching ranked 56th, her highest ever! Way to go!

Wynne is slightly climbing up to 114th! Keep fighting, Wynne!
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:06 AM   #49
Shine On Silver Moon

9 is good number!

Yayuk "Indonesian jaguar" Basuki has her highest ranking for singles: 19th and 9th for doubles!

Angie after she won her first WTA title in Nusa Dua Bali, her ranking jumped up from 579 to 151...Her season ending singles ranking: 709 (2000), 149 (2001) and 69 (2002) plus her highest ranking in 2002 was 59...Viva Indonesian tennis!!!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 03:39 AM   #50
Shine On Silver Moon

From ITF Grade 1 in KL

Ayu Fani Damayanti who I believed had to go through qualifying round...She defeated Lyoo Suh Heeseun of Korea in 1st round! Good run, Ayu...good luck against tough Mari Andersson!!! Go, Bali!

Joana Febri Andriani...who must have gone through qualifying round, too - she lost in 1st round to a better player, Lara Giltinan of Aussie...Next time better, Bojonegoro girl!!!

Septi Mende...1st round lost to Daniella Dominikovic! UEs problem?

Maya Rosa has bye in 1st round...Go, Maya...cut down ur UEs!

Sandy Gumulya is not competing here since she is stil injured!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:07 AM   #51
Shine On Silver Moon

Red face Oh, newspapers and TV!

I heard from my friend that "TVRI" reported about Kim Clijsters' won in IW and they said that she won the prize money of US$ 2.4 million! Big lol...

Also I was told that "Koran Tempo" wrote that Marta Marrero was once defeated by Angie in Wismilak Bali last year!!! Another big lol...

And in "Kompas" daily today, it was written that Wynne Prakusya played 50K in the city of Indiana! Gee, that's not a state for sure...lol...
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:09 AM   #52
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute
lol

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 09:33 AM   #53
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile ITF Junior Ranking for Indonesian girls

As of Match 17th, 2003:

Singles:
Sandy Gumulya - 91
Maya Rosa - 100
Septi Mende - 144
Denise Harijanto - 301
Dian Mayasari - 326
Ayu Fani Damayanti - 330
Joana Febri Andriani - 364
Stella Sondang - 384
Lavinia Tananta -386
Nancy Metriya - 435
and 10 more girls

* Denise, Dian, Ayu & Joana have improved so much! Keep going!

Doubles:
Septi Mende - 53
Sandy Gumulya - 70
Maya Rosa - 100
Denise Harijanto - 188
Golda Rubina - 296
Ayu Fani Damayanti - 334
Lavinia Tananta - 344
Joana Febri Andriani - 395
Nancy Metriya - 408
Dian Mayasari - 566
and 14 more girls!

Most of these girls are lack of abroad tournament's exposure!!!
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #54
Shine On Silver Moon

Talking From Grade 1 in Kuala Lumpur!

After getting bye, Maya Rosa (seeded 16) managed to win over a Malaysian player (forgot her name) in 3 sets and she will play against seeded 4 Du Rui from China in 3rd round! Tough match, Maya!

Also in 2nd round, Ayu Fani was overpowered by Swedish Mari Andersson (seeded 9) 1-6, 1-6! But I am sure, Ayu's rank will jump next week! Good for her, she could play grade 1!
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 09:42 AM   #55
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile Davis Cup tie against South Korea

Indonesia will host South Korea in Surabaya on April 4-6, 2003!

Indonesia will be fielding: Peter Handoyo - a Surabaya native (ATP 539), Febi Widhianto (ATP 773), Suwandi (ATP 783) and Prima Simpatiaji (ATP 906) while South Korea will be represented by: Kim Dong Hyun (ATP 420), Im Kyu Tae (ATP 597), Chung Hee Seok (ATP 644) and Chung Hee Sung (ATP 939).

Good luck, Indonesia!!!
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:49 AM   #56
Shine On Silver Moon

Unhappy What a complete defeat for Indonesia!

From Miami - Wynne lost in Q1 while Angie is still up and down moving all around with her erratic game! Now, I may call her as "Miss see-saw"!

From KL Grade 1 - bad lost by Sunu Wahyu Trijati to better Aussie - and also he lost in dubs!

Maya Rosa lost to Du Rui was expected...Maya was simply outclassed by her!

But there is a slight smile since Maya with Septi Mende have reached QF in dubs and will play tough pair Mari Andersson/E Van Londen...duo Ericsson and KLM! Good luck!
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:15 AM   #57
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile Khatulistiwa Cup, Pontianak - West Kalimantan

A national open tournament just started yesterday in Pontianak, West Kalimantan and it is only for male players.

Seeding for singles:
1. Sebastian Da Costa (West Nusa Tenggara)
2. Prima Simpatiaji (Central Java)
3. Surya Wijaya (West Nusa Tenggara)
4. Nesa Artha (Jakarta)
5. Ferdi Fauzi (West Sumatra)
6. Eko Kurniawan (Jakarta)
7. Immanuel Prakoso (Jakarta)
8. Al Imron (Bali)

It is time for you Prima to win the title here! Come on, big server!

Seeding for dubs:
1. Sebastian Da Costa/Surya Wijaya
2. Ferdi Fauzi/Eko Kurniawan
3. Nesa Artha/Prima Simpatiaji
4. Enrico Satria/Yohanes Pintu

It is not Indonesia if there is no controversy...even in small tourney like this, the local tennis association have made controversial decision...They gave wild cards to junior players instead of more experienced local players! Whatever the top people in Jakarta do will generate to local people! That's the way it is!
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:17 AM   #58
Shine On Silver Moon

Based on the report of PELTI, Indonesia needs 750 new tennis coaches every year!!! Anyone interested? Hahaha...
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:54 AM   #59
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile Gossip-a-dee!

Well, Wynne used to date former number one Indonesian tennis player, Suwandi and then she dated Taufik Hidayat - currently number one badminton player here...And I was told by Thai tennis coach that Srichapan liked Wynne but too bad Wynne did not want him! Angie also said in her interview that PS was not her type!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:59 AM   #60
Shine On Silver Moon

Unhappy End of the journey!

From KL Grade 1 - as expected, Septi Mende/Maya Rosa lost to Mari Andersson/Esther Van Londen (Switzerland/Holland) 57 36! It was the 2nd time Septi and Maya played as a pair! Septi partners with Maya when Sandy is not available!