Indonesian tennis - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 01:46 PM   #391
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Smile My day at Hilton today!

Well, I was there today to watch Men's Futures 1 and I was surprised to meet Angie's parents there...So, I had a great talk with mum and dad - the Widjajas...we talked about many different things about Angie including her match against Mauresmo!

I did manage to chat with some players - Suwandi, Prima, Febi, Hendri, Nesa, Sunu, the Imanuels, Imron, Donny, the Thais such as Weerapat and Kirati as well as Ryota Hisamatsu of Japan...I congratulated Martina Widjaja for her today's birthday while she was there...also I met Wukirasih Sawondari and Dea Sumantri...What a busy day at Hilton!!!

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #392
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Smile More results - Men's Futures 1

Singles - 2nd round:

(1) Prakash Amritraj (USA) d Georg Novak (AUT) 61 62
* Prakash was overpowering Georg definitely!

(7) Martin Slanar (AUT) d Toshiaki Sakai (JPN) 36 64 63
(3) Benjamin Cassaigne (FRA) d (WC) Quoc Khanh Le (VIE) 62 60
(6) Febi Widhiyanto d (WC) Eko Kurniawan 63 62
* Actually Eko gave a good fight in each game and Febi had to work hard to earn points! But in the long run, Febi was more consistent then!

Sadik Kadir (AUS) d (8) Prima Simpatiaji 75 64
* It was a close match! Kadir - an Arabian descent of Surabaya who has grown up in Aussie - was much better player today and played effectively in each game! Kadir was consistent, persistent, smarter and he just chased any shot! While Prima lost his touch today - his serve was not going well, his return was poor and for sure, physically weak!!! Those were the prices he had to pay against very fit Kadir!!!

Suwandi d Takeshi Itoh (JPN) 62 61
* Suwandi was simply outclassed Itoh!!!

(5) John Paul Fruttero (USA) d (LL) Nesa Arta 62 64
* Nesa was able to put a fight but it was not enough to down Fruttero!

(2) Rohan Bopanna (IND) d (Q) Igor Branisa (SVK) 63 64

QF matches-up:
(1) Prakash Amritraj v (7) Martin Slanar - Prakash will not have problem!
(6) Febi Widhiyanto v (3) Benjamin Cassaigne (FRA) - tough match for Febi! but it is not impossible!
Sadik Kadir (AUS) v Suwandi - Kadir can be dangerous for Suwandi!!!
(5) JohnPaul Fruttero v (2) Rohan Boppana - it will be a great match!!!

Doubles - 1st round:
Igor Branisa/Georg Novak (SVK/AUT) d (WC) Nesa Arta/Eko Kurniawan 64 64
* Good fight by young Indonesian pair!
Yew Ming Si/Takeshi Itoh (MAS/JPN) d Ryota Hisamatsu/Bhee Witoonpanich (JPN/THA) 36 63 63 - what a score line!

Doubles - QF:
(4) Febi Widhiyanto/Hendri Susilo Pramono d Dong Hyun Kim/Seung Hoon Lee (KOR) 61 75 - Febi/Hendri did not play their best yet...they made unnecessary errors!!!

(3) Sadik Kadir/Martin Slanar (AUS/AUT) d Minh Quan Do/Quoc Khanh Le (VIE) 64 64 - the Vietnamese pair put a fierce challenge against combo AUSAUT!

Attention: I am not going to watch this tournament in the next 2 or maybe even 3 days - so, I will not update the next results then! Please check www.inatenis.com

www.tnol.asia
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #393
Shine On Silver Moon

Talking Indonesia Men's Future 2 - Commitment List

Main Draw:
1. Prakash Amritraj (USA/317)
2. Rohan Bopanna (IND/341)
3. Benjamin Cassaigne (FRA/348)
4. Ti Chen (TPE/480)
5. Vijay Kannan (IND/531)
6. John Paul Fruttero (USA/534)
7. WP Meyer (RSA/538)
8. Febi Widhiyanto (INA/572)
9. Martin Slanar (AUT/602)
10. Prima Simpatiaji (INA/676)
11. Sonchat Ratiwatana (THA/727)
12. Yew Ming Si (MAS/811)
13. Brad Weston (AUS/830)
14. Dong Hyun Kim (KOR/867)
15. Sanchai Ratiwatana (THA/881)
16. Yeu Tzuoo Wang (TPE/882)
17. Suwandi (INA/922)
18. Sadik Kadir (AUS/930)

Alternates:

19. Hendri Susilo Pramono (INA/963)
20. Seung Hoon Lee (KOR/1013)
21. Dong Wei Choi (KOR/1013)
22. Georg Novak (AUT/1137)
23. Dennis Isaev (UZB/1211)
24. Rafael Schaerf (AUT/1302)
25. Adrian Somerville (AUS/1372)
26. Anuwat Dalodom (THA/1372)
27. Minh Quan Do (VIE/1372)
28. Vince Mellino (AUS/1372)

Based on the list above, this 2nd leg is having stronger field of players! It will be tougher for the local players for sure...It will be great to see Thai twins - Ratiwatana brothers to be in this tourney!!!

My deep concern - we always have only few spectators at the tournament site whenever we have an international tourney in Indonesia ...Sure, it is quite low event for some people...if you are truly tennis fan, you don't see who you play only but you must enjoy every minute of the game!!! That's just my opinion!

www.tnol.asia
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 12:45 PM   #394
Shine On Silver Moon

Exclamation Indonesian squad for Asian Championships

At first, it was decided that Indonesia will send Febi Widhiyanto and Prima Simpatiaji but then it was decided that Suwandi got in also...And for women side - just Wynne Prakusya!!! If our national tennis association is committed to regeneration - then Diana Julianto, Sandy Gumulya, Septi Mende and Maya Rosa should be taken into consideration!

www.tnol.asia
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 11:21 PM   #395
Shine On Silver Moon

QF results - Men's Futures 1

Singles:

(1) Prakash Amritraj (USA) d (7) martin Slanar (AUT) 63 64
(6) Febi Widhiyanto d (3) Benjamin Cassaigne (FRA) 76(3) 75
Sadik Kadir (AUS) d Suwandi 26 62 61
(2) Rohan Bopanna (IND) d (5) John Paul Fruttero (USA) 63 76(7)

Doubles:
(1) Rohan Bopanna/Vijay Kannan (IND) d Igor Branisa/Georg Novak (SVK/AUT) score not known
Prima Simpatiaji/Suwandi d Yew Ming Si/Takeshi Itoh (MAS/JPN) 76(2) 16 63

SF's singles: Amritraj v Widhiyanto and Kadir v Bopanna

SF's doubles: Bopanna/Kannan v Susilo Pramono/Widhiyanto and Kadir/Slanar v Simpatiaji/Suwandi

Tough matches for the Indonesian players! Good luck!

www.tnol.asia
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #396
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile Men's Futures 1 - SF results

Singles:

(6) Febi Widhiyanto d (1) Prakash Amritraj (USA) 5776(6) 76(4)
* I did not watch the match. From what I heard that
Febi played slightly better than powerful and hard
hitting Amritraj. One fan said that Febi was simply lucky!

(2) Rohan Bopanna (IND) d Sadik Kadir (AUS) 46 64 62
Final match-up: (6) Febi v (2) Rohan - very tough
match for Febi - Rohan is very consistent player with
solid groundstrokes, powerful serve and he can move very well!

Doubles:

(3) Sadik Kadir/Martin Slanar (AUS/AUT) d PrimaSimpatiaji/Suwandi 63 76(4)

(1) Rohan Bopanna/Vijay Kannan (IND) d (4) Hendri
Susilo Pramono/Febi Widhiyanto 64 63
* I watched this match when the local pair was already
behind 3-4 in 1st set and duo India closed it out
then. Vijay was the weaker player in Indian pair while
Rohan was just too good! Hendri's serve was easily
broken a couple times and in critical points, he
easily made UEs same as Febi...The Indian pair wastruly much better!!!

www.tnol.asia
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 11:57 AM   #397
Shine On Silver Moon

Cool Men's Fut 1 - FINAL

Singles:

(2) Rohan Bopanna (IND) d (6) Febi Widhiyanto 75 26 62

Doubles:

(3) Sadik Kadir/Martin Slanar (AUS/AUT) d (1) Rohan Bopanna/Vijay Kannan (IND) 63 76(2)

* I watched both matches - and Febi was simply outclassed by hard hitting and consistent Bopanna! That's all!

www.tnol.asia
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 09:03 AM   #398
Shine On Silver Moon

Cool Hamengkubuwono X Cup, Yogyakarta

Senior level national open tournament called "Hamengkubuwono X" Cup has been held from September 15-21, 2003 in Yogyakarta. Total prize money is 70 million rupiahs.

Final results:

Women's singles: Ayu Fani Damayanti def. Septi Mende 63 61 - great victory by 14 yo Ayu over her senior! Keep rocking, Ayu! Go, Wismilak girl!

Women's doubles: Sandy Gumulya/Septi Mende def. Ayu Fani Damayanti/Maya Rosa 61 62 - Good revenge by Sandy/Septi! In junior level, Ayu/Maya won twice over Sandy/Septi - both in finals of Grade 3 in Darwin, Australia last July!

Men's singles: Sulistyo Wibowo def. Nesa Arta 75 36 62 - Gee, old crack still won!

Men's doubles: Nesa Arta/Eko Kurniawan def. Sulistyo Wibowo/Seno Hartono 63 63 - Good performance by Nesa/Eko!

www.tnol.asia
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 01:23 PM   #399
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Ayu!!

Do you have a complete result Adjie?

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:34 PM   #400
Shine On Silver Moon

Cool About AYU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashta LixFe
Ayu!!

Do you have a complete result Adjie?
Felix, I have been trying to get hold of a couple sport reporters and finally, I talked to a junior reporter from Tabloid Tennis and hopefully, tomorrow I could obtain full results from her! It is so sad that none of the newspapers in Jakarta are having news of this Hamengkubuwono X Cup - you know, now actually, almost every week there is a tournament being held in different cities in Indonesia... but none of the newspapers are covering it except Tabloid Tennis...BTW, Tabloid Tennis is the only tabloid focusing on tennis and it has been out since last May...It is bi-monthly tabloid with some color pages adn so far, it has 3,000 circulations...They are trying to do the best to provide news only on tennis!

It is sad that the website of PELTI has no news on this tourney also...I have talked to one of the officials there and they always have excuses!

From telecon with this junior reporter, she told me that Ayu defeated Sandy Gumulya in SF while Maya lost to Septi Mende also in SF! What a birthday present for Septi by losing to Ayu yesterday in final! While Denise and Jojo both lost in earlier rounds!

Based on my personal record, this is head to head between Ayu and Septi on senior level:

Jakarta's 10K - April 2003:
1st rd - as WC, Ayu lost to WC Septi Mende 57 46

Agung Cup, Blitar - East Java - June 2003:
Final - Ayu lost to Septi Mende 36 57

Hamengkubuwono X Cup, Yogyakarta - September 2003:
Final - Ayu defeated Septi Mende 63 61

This morning the only TV station showed Ayu's final was SCTV and SCTV showed a bit of her match - I saw that Ayu played a slower game with persistency and accuracy...She knew that Septi liked power game so she did not let Septi to play her own game...Ayu gave high top spin which made Septi frustrated! I think, Ayu had better strategy then...From what I was informed, Ayu was traveling to Jakarta to get ready for 10Ks and I have a feeling taht she would get WC again! GO, AYU!!! She seems ahead than Denise and Jojo now! Wismilak is smart to pick her as their foster player!!!

www.tnol.asia
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:23 AM   #401
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a bunch Adjie

That's a real good news. I hope with this win, her confidence will boast up and you know, who knows that the next Angie phenemenom will be happening soon.

Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:12 PM   #402
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile It is late already but...?

Felix, I have been busy out of Jakarta as always and now here the complete results of Hamengkubuwono X Cup!

Note: behind the player's name, I put Senior National Ranking

Women's singles:

1st rd:
(1) Sandy Gumulya (Jakarta/6) d (Q) Dewi Bundo Sinto (Central Java/-) 63 61
Ida Sutedja (Yogyakarta/18) d Febri Joana (South Sumatra/21) socre not known
(3) Ayu Fani Damayanti (Bali/10) d (Q) Anna Suyadi (Yogyakarta/-) 60 60
(Q) Astri Purnawati (Central Java/43) d (WC) Mega Sukmawati (Yogyakarta/-) 61 62
Patricia Soesilo (East Java/20) d Lavinia Tananta (Central Java/13) 46 64 64
(4) Septi Mende (Jakarta/12) d Denise Harijanto (South Sumatra/24) 61 62
(WC) Mia Sacca (Yogyakarta/-) d Aleta Sungkono (Banten/22) 57 63 61
(2) Maya Rosa (Central Java/7) d (Q) Dian Mayasari (East Java/-) 57 63 61

QF:
(1) Sandy Gumulya (Jakarta/6) d Ida Sutedja (Yogyakarta/18) 62 64
(3) Ayu Fani Damayanti (Bali/10) d (Q) Astri Purnawati (Central Java/43) 63 61
(4) Septi Mende (Jakarta/12) d Patricia Soesilo (East Java/20) 60 76(0)
(20 Maya Rosa (Central Java/7) d (WC) Mia Sacca (Yogyakarta/-) 64 63

SF:
(3) Ayu Fani Damayanti (Bali/10) d (1) Sandy Gumulya (Jakarta/6) 16 61 61
(4) Septi Mende (Jakarta/12) d (2) Maya Rosa (Central Java/7) 76(4) 76(5)

Final: Ayu d Septi 63 61

Women's doubles:

1st round:
(1) Sandy/Septi (8/9) d Anna Suyadi/Ida Sutedja (-/17) 60 63
Dewi Wijayanti/Nuraeni Batubara (South Sulawesi, 24/22) d Mega Sukmawati/Mia Sacca (-/-) 61 61
Astri Purnawati/Nana Lidya Lusiana (Central Java, -/23) d Dian Mayasari/Patricia Soesilo (-/28) 63 57 63
(2) Ayu F Damayanti/Maya Rosa (14/7) d Denise Harijanto/Febri Joana (27/16) 61 64

SF:
Sandy Septi d Dewi/Nuraeni 60 61
Ayu/Maya d Astri/Nana 60 61

Final: Sandy/Septi d Ayu/Maya 61 62

www.tnol.asia
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #403
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Thanks Djie

Ayu!! Impressive win over Sandy and Septi. Any idea whether she's playing best tennis or duo S were not playing their best!! Hmm.. Febri and Denise had not shown their potentials yet Get cracking girls!! Mia Sacca, is another girl to watch!! I think she is also just around 14.. Great to see young talent coming up!! Dian still a bit disappointing after the huge upset over Sandy last monthS.

Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #404
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

SNR :

I assumes the ranks are as follow
1. Angie
2. Wynne
3. Diana
4. Liza
5. Wukir
6. Sandy
7. Maya
8. ?
9. ?
10. Ayu
12. Septi

Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:49 PM   #405
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Acceptance List (Last up-dated 13 September 2003)
ITF Junior Ranking as of 8 September 2003
Venue: Hong Kong Sports Institute, Hong Kong
Qualifying 11 - 12 October 2003 and Maindraw 13 - 19 October 2003
ITF Junior Circuit Group 2
The Hong Kong Open Junior Championships 2003

GIRLS - MAINDRAW
No. Ref. Status Last name First name Country D.O.B.(mm/dd/yy) ITF Ranking S,D Nat. Ranking S
1 29 DA LUKIC Vojislava YUG 03/31/87 9 237
2 11 DA SUN Sheng Nan CHN 01/21/87 34 68
3 12 DA DU Rui CHN 01/03/87 41 103
4 30 DA CHAN Yung-Jan TPE 08/17/89 44 33
5 27 DA CHVOJKOVA Veronika CZE 03/31/87 56 36
6 21 DA DE BEER Kelly NED 02/22/86 70 26
7 25 DA ANDERSSON Mari SWE 07/05/86 71 41
8 31 DA HSU Wen-Hsin TPE 06/13/88 83 149
9 18 DA ENGELS Jessica AUS 03/01/87 92 60
10 19 DA SCHMASSMANN Tina SUI 06/09/86 103 55
11 17 DA PINTEROVA Barbara SVK 07/28/88 104 398
12 13 DA ZHANG Shuai CHN 01/21/89 117 173