Indonesian tennis - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:39 AM   #16
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
3rd or final day of 14 yo national selection

Boys:
Alvin P K def. Lenz T 75 46 63

Fendi G def. Christopher R 62 60

Agung B D def. Bani K H 62 62

Agung B D def. Fendi G 63 61

Gilbert S def. Lenz T 76(1) 75

Bani K H def. Alvin P K 75 64

Gilbert S def. Christopher R 36 61 64

Final standing:
1. Agung B D (Semarang)
2. Fendi G (Bandung)
3. Christopher R (Jakarta)
4. Bani K H (Jakarta)
5. Gilbert S (Jakarta)
6. Alvin P K (Jakarta)
7. Lenz T (Jakarta)

So, the top three finishers are to be in the team and they have the opportunity to go to another selection for ITF team for European tour. The selection will be held in Korat, Thailand.

Agung is coached by his own father. Agung is physically strong despite of his slim overall body. His weakness is his serve and his father is now working on that. He really needs sponsor since he comes from mid income family in Magelang, Central Java. The rest of the boys are coming from well-to-do families, so no problem financially!!! I regard Fendi, Christopher, Gilbert and Lenz as talented players beside Agung. Lenz is only 12 yo!

Girls:

Mia S def. Lutfiana A B 60 60
Komang S M def. Afieta J 63 61
Vivien S def. Wyne P 61 60
Mia S def. Komang S M 63 63
Jessy R def. Alfieta 67(6) 61 62
Lutfiana A B def. Wyne P 75 61
Vivien S def. Jessy R 64 63

Final standing:

1. Mia Sacca (Yogyakarta) - coached by Suharyadi/Basuki's hubby
2. Lutfiana A B (Kudus)
3. Vivien Silfany (Palembang) - coached by her own grandpa!
4. Komang Sri Maryati (Bali)
5. Jessy Rompies (Jakarta)
6. Wyne Pramestiningrum (Kendal)
7. Afieta Januaristi (Jakarta)

Too bad, all these girls need sponsor if they want to play abroad! Prspective players: Mia Sacca, Vivien Silfany, Komang S M, Jessy R and Wyne P! I have doubt about Lutfiana and Afieta...

Same as the boys, the three top finishers are eligible to be in the team and they will go to Korat, Thailand as well.

For Korat, PELTI (Indonesian Tennis Association) will only cover board expenses and free fiscal fee...Each player must pay airfare expenses on each own! So much for junior development by PELTI! Eeek...
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:46 AM   #17
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Suwandi and Peter Handoyo are out of Ho Chi Minh's challenger! Suwandi lost Kutsenko and Peter lost to Amir Hadad of Israel in 3 sets...Suwandi did not deserve a WC...Peter was not that bad after he went through qualifying and he made it into MD...Good try, PH!
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:26 PM   #18
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by takadanobaba
Suwandi lost Kutsenko ...Suwandi did not deserve a WC
I did not see the match but I don't think that losing to the #2 seed is such a bad thing, is it .
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 03:58 AM   #19
Shine On Silver Moon

Thanks, Steveg...but not much hope for Suwandi...he is getting old and his game is going nowhere! Originally, WC was given to Febi Widhianto, number 1 player in Indonesia who ATP ranking is low due to lack of tourneys he has taken...Febi declined the offer since he preferred to play down there in New Zealand for futures...IMO, he did not take it since the offer was from Martina...You know, Febi's coach - Deddy Prasetyo is big enemy of Martina!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:01 AM   #20
Shine On Silver Moon

As far as I know, Suwandi has loan personally from Martina while Febi is independent! Febi won singles match in Davis Cup tie against Uzbekistan when he played against number one Uzbeki player! Indonesia eventually lost 2-3!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:11 AM   #21
Shine On Silver Moon

Thumbs down Lost boys!!!

All the Indonesian boys have lost in ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia...Anthony Tan, Jonathan Amdanu, Sandy Purnomo, Elbert Sie...all well-to-do spoiled brats and others...So much for the boys!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:16 AM   #22
Shine On Silver Moon

Talking Girls are better!

Indonesian girls are faring better than the boys at ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia! With only 3 girls in the main draw, Indonesia has hope on the shoulders of Balinese native, Ayu Fani Damayanti and student of Deddy Tedjamukti, Joana Febri...These two players are advancing to 3rd round...They have chosen in ITF 14 yo team on European tour last year!!! While Golda stumbled agin in 1st round - same resylt as last week's Brunei! Not much hope for Golda...She is very very small physically, it is tough if she keeps her game like that! Great to know that Ayu is sponsored by "Wismilak" while Jojo is self-funded! Go, girls!!!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:23 AM   #23
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile Upcoming local tournaments

Mayor's Cup in Pontianak, West Kalimantan - only for men! Total prize money is only 30 million rupiahs! March 17-23, 2003

Tarakan Open in Tarakan, East Kalimantan - for men and women! Total prize money of 100 million rupiahs! March 24-30, 2003

Liza and Wukir are going to play in Tarakan for sure...Now, they are practicing under the supervision of Yayuk Basuki.

I heard that many other cities out of Java are eager to hold a tournament now! Personally, I want to see Medan, Batam and Bandar Lampung - all in Sumatra to have their own tourneys after other cities such as Makassar, Nusa Dua/Bali etc...Go, archipelago!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:13 AM   #24
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Mayor's Cup in Pontianak, West Kalimantan - only for men! Total prize money is only 30 million rupiahs! March 17-23, 2003

Tarakan Open in Tarakan, East Kalimantan - for men and women! Total prize money of 100 million rupiahs! March 24-30, 2003

Liza and Wukir are going to play in Tarakan for sure...Now, they are practicing under the supervision of Yayuk Basuki.

I heard that many other cities out of Java are eager to hold a tournament now! Personally, I want to see Medan, Batam and Bandar Lampung - all in Sumatra to have their own tourneys after other cities such as Makassar, Nusa Dua/Bali etc...Go, archipelago!
I really think Wukir and Liza should be in the FED CUp Team although they are saying about craps of giving junior players experience.. bla bla.. they are such pain-in-the-ass.. I mean, why don't they just sponsored the youngsters to play in 10K challengers.. IMO, Fed Cup is a bigger thing, It's not good to make it for a try. Ridicuolos.. Why didn't Yayuk sponsor Wukir and Liza after all, she had alot of money moreover, she can be their coach

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #25
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Indonesian girls are faring better than the boys at ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia! With only 3 girls in the main draw, Indonesia has hope on the shoulders of Balinese native, Ayu Fani Damayanti and student of Deddy Tedjamukti, Joana Febri...These two players are advancing to 3rd round...They have chosen in ITF 14 yo team on European tour last year!!! While Golda stumbled agin in 1st round - same resylt as last week's Brunei! Not much hope for Golda...She is very very small physically, it is tough if she keeps her game like that! Great to know that Ayu is sponsored by "Wismilak" while Jojo is self-funded! Go, girls!!!
I really have more faith in Ayu and Joana than Maya and Nancy.. Good to know that Ayu now had sponsor Hope we can see her more in junior tournament

Why is Diana not playing in challengers anymore

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:16 AM   #26
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Quote:
All the Indonesian boys have lost in ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia...Anthony Tan, Jonathan Amdanu, Sandy Purnomo, Elbert Sie...all well-to-do spoiled brats and others...So much for the boys!
How bout Sunu, what do you think of him? Who is the second strongest after him?

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #27
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute
Sunu is really promising junior player I think. Hope he can improve his talent and be a good top player for Indonesia. As for Suwandi, I really think he can't improve any further anymore. He just kept losing Peter is better now than Suwandi I think. Too bad that Febi declined the WC.

Diana is still studying Hmm, maybe it's not such a bad idea, considering she hasn't had a sponsor yet. In tennis, it's very hard to be a good player without a sponsor. Wynne and Angie are a few lucky players

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:48 AM   #28
Shine On Silver Moon

Davis Cup Prize Money and inconsistency

It is hot news again here in national newspapers...Finally, Martina Widjaja as the president of Indonesian Tennis Association (known as PELTI) has spoken out to give explanation. She said that it is true Davis Cup team who lost to Uzbekistan 2-3 supposed to receive US$ 4,100 from ITF. But she said that the money has not been transfered yet. Even, ITF has not sent 50% reimbursement for air transportation from Jakarta to Tashkent vv - as they have promised. It usually takes 3-5 months after the Davis Cup tie...ITF, she said that is facing financially problem as well after Japan base NEC left and now ITF is sponsored by France base BNP Paribas...

PELTI has been inconsistent as many critics have said in terms of choosing players to be in national team...For Davis Cup, PELTI uses ATP ranking, for junior players - they hold national selection while for recently hot issue Fed Cup team - they just picked potential junior players...Many argued that at least 5 players are eligible to be selected through official national selection, they are: Liza Andriyani, Wukirasih Sawondari, Diana Julianto, Sandy Gumulya, Maya Rosa & Septi Nindya Yutami Mende!
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:51 AM   #29
Shine On Silver Moon

Unhappy Ending For Indonesian Girls

From Grade 4 Junior tourney in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia...the journey of 3 Indonesian players are halted in doubles! Golda Rubina who was partnering with Norzafirah Taufek of Malaysia lost in 1st round...While new pair, Ayu Fani Damayanti/Joana Febri Andriani as 8th seed lost to Japanese pair in 2nd round! I have confidence that Ayu and Jojo can make good pair...It was their first time so it was not that bad...Next time better, girls!!!
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 08:11 AM   #30
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Quote:
It is hot news again here in national newspapers...Finally, Martina Widjaja as the president of Indonesian Tennis Association (known as PELTI) has spoken out to give explanation. She said that it is true Davis Cup team who lost to Uzbekistan 2-3 supposed to receive US$ 4,100 from ITF. But she said that the money has not been transfered yet. Even, ITF has not sent 50% reimbursement for air transportation from Jakarta to Tashkent vv - as they have promised. It usually takes 3-5 months after the Davis Cup tie...ITF, she said that is facing financially problem as well after Japan base NEC left and now ITF is sponsored by France base BNP Paribas...

PELTI has been inconsistent as many critics have said in terms of choosing players to be in national team...For Davis Cup, PELTI uses ATP ranking, for junior players - they hold national selection while for recently hot issue Fed Cup team - they just picked potential junior players...Many argued that at least 5 players are eligible to be selected through official national selection, they are: Liza Andriyani, Wukirasih Sawondari, Diana Julianto, Sandy Gumulya, Maya Rosa & Septi Nindya Yutami Mende!
i think they should hold some exhibition match to prove the strongest.. not the potential.. if there are players that are potential.. they should send them abroad to gian experiece