Indonesian tennis - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #166
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Thumbs up After 7 years of waiting!

Since Junior Davis Cup event has been held in 1985 - Indonesia has been qualified into world group for 6 times - 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995 & 1996. The best performance by Indonesia was in 1992 when Indonesia finished at 7th out of 16 countries and it was held in Spain. The last one was in 1996 and Indonesia finished at 14th out of 16 nations and it was held in Switzerland. So what a coincidence - after 7 years of waiting - Sunu, Anthony & Sandy are going there for the 7th times and maybe we will be finished at 7th again? 7 is lucky number? We will see!!!
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2003, 11:54 AM   #167
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Great job Indonesian Junior Davis Cup Team

Congratulations for being the winner of Asia Oceania zone for Junior Davis Cup!

Indonesia def. South Korea 2-0 in final!

Anthony Tan def. Kim A Ram 75 62
Sunu W Trijati def. Kim Hyun Joon 62 62
Doubles match was not played since Korean player was injured!

So, by being the winner, hopefully Indonesia will be seeded in Essen later in September.

PELTI plans to host both Asia Oceania qualifying round for Junior Davis Cup and Junior Fed Cup next year!

Again congrats to Sunu, Anthony, Sandy and coach, Yustedjo Tarik!!!
Old May 4th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #168
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Junior Davis

Hopefully the girls could do well Go Ayu and Joana Lavia reached second round of last week tourney, so this is a good result

BTW, i have my June break too.. maybe i could go to Jakarta and cheer for Angie
Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:24 AM   #169
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile Quick development on the court!

The other day, MW said for Fed Cup match btw INA and GER in July, it iwll be played in Senayan rebound ace indoor stadium. But today, I read in the newspaper that "Gelora Bung Karno" Management has decided to built a brand new plexi pave/hard court over the current clay stadium in Senayan! Wow!!! What a commitment! They promised to be finished by July 1st!!! Interesting! So, I guess GBK Management accomodated the players' wishes to play outdoor hard court! Well, good luck in building it and indeed MW is quite happy coz PELTI nonned to chip in any RUPIAHS at all!
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:56 PM   #170
country flag kj-

kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future kj- has a brilliant future
good for Indonesian tennis!

Akgul Amanmuradova Lindsay Davenport Elena Dementieva Justine Henin-Hardenne Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Michaella Krajicek Tamira Paszek Kveta Peschke Wynne Prakusya Francesca Schiavone Patty Schnyder Maria Sharapova Ai Sugiyama Romana Tedjakusuma Angelique Widjaja

PAW kj-

Career Titles: 4

Career Highlights: Winner - Tashkent 05, Tashkent 04, Japan Open 03, Doha 03. Semi Finalist- Forest Hills 04, Seoul 04, Tokyo 03. Quarter Finalist - Dubai 06, Rome 05, Doha 05, Japan Open 04, Quebec City 03, Canberra 03, Bali 02, New Haven 02, Montreal 02, Palermo 02, Rome 02.
kj- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #171
NaF

NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all NaF is a name known to all
I thought Senayan already had harcourt complex....

does this mean we wouldn't have the gravel court anymore? will they cover every gravel court or just few of them???

anyway... i really wanna watch the play-off... even if it means i have to extend my stay in Jkt..
Old May 8th, 2003, 05:10 AM   #172
Shine On Silver Moon

Exclamation Plexi pave for Fed Cup in Jakarta!!!

PELTI thanks to "Gelora Bung Karno" Management...GBKM decided to change Senayan clay court stadium to be plexi pave by July 1st! It is sad in a way since this clay stadium has been witnessing so many historical moments such as Davis Cup, Wukirasih defeated Tammy for gold medal in SEA Games 1997 etc...On the other, GBKM relizes that Jakarta needs to have more solid hard court...But though this pp court is finished on time for Fed Cup...I wonder if they also built pp court outside...So far, there are 14 clay courts outside and 8 rebound ace courts outside...They need to have pp court outside for practice! Good thing that GBKM is sensitive to the players' wishes to play on outdoor hard courts...Go Angie & Wynne...it will be tough for you two since you have to play singles and doubles for 2 days in July!!!
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:05 AM   #173
Shine On Silver Moon

Angry Grungy and grumpy!

First of all, Junior Fed Cup team - Ayu Fani Damayanti, Joana Febri Andriani and Lavinia Tananta only finished in the 6th place in its Asia Oceania qualifying round in KL, Malaysia! It is proven that these three players are still lacking of international competition. No doubt about their talents!

Complete results of Indonesia:

Lost 1-2 to Thailand
Won 2-1 against South Korea
Won 3-0 against Hong Kong

QF: lost 0-3 to better Japan and finally finished at 6th by defeating NZ 2-1!!!

MW is on the news again by gracefully forcing "Gelora Bung Karno" Management to change clay stadium to become plexi pave just for Fed Cup match against Germany on July 19-20. Several former national players such as Yayuk Basuki, Wailan Walalangi and Abdul Kahar MIM voiced their opinions by opposing the plan to demolish this historical clay stadium! Yup, this stadium has witnessed so many important events: Davis Cup matches when Indonesia went through world group of 16 nations in 1982 and 1988! And then when Indonesia did clean sweep by bagging 7 gold medals in 1987 SEA Games! Actually, "Gelora Bung Karno" tennis complex has different courts: clay/gravel, rebound ace and just few plexi pave. MW defends that the tennis fans are demanding to be played in Senayan instead of Kemayoran...I think it is rubbish! Indonesian tennis loves to have controversies...That's the dynamic of our tennis...Oh, well...for sure MW is tough cookie!
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:03 AM   #174
Shine On Silver Moon

Keep going for plexi pave!

Martina is happy despite of loud protests from Yayuk Basuki, Wailan Walalangi, Benny Mailili etc...So, clay stadium will be changed into pp court! MW said that it is good for long term development of junior players...We'll see...keep your iron hand, MW!!!
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:03 AM   #175
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile 14 & under - boys and girls, go to OZ!!!

World Junior Tennis 14 & under will be slated in Melbourne, Victoria - Australia from May 19-24, 2003 and this is qualifying round for Asia Oceania zone. The entrants are: Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, India, INDONESIA, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Srilanka (boys only), Thailand & Uzbekistan. The world group matches will be held in the birth land of Martina Hingis in August for its 5th consecutive years!

Indonesian boys team: Agung Bagus Dewantoro (Magelang, Central Java), Fendi Gunawan (Bandung, West Java) & Christopher Rungkat (Jakarta) and coach is Alfred Raturandang.

Indonesian girls team: Mia Sacca (Yogyakarta), Lutfiana AB (Kudus, Central Java) & Vivien Silfany (Palembang, South Sumatera) and coach is former national player and sister of Angie's coach - Lucky Tedjamukti.

Good luck, Indonesian teams!

Henry, I wonder if you are interested to watch!!!
Old May 16th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #176
Shine On Silver Moon

Talking Upcoming Junior Tournaments in our own backyard!

Next month, we will have 2 junior tourneys - both only Grade 5!

Pangdam Siliwangi Cup in Bandung - June 17th until 22nd

Thamrin Cup in Jakarta - June 24th until 29th

I bet, lower ranked players like Denise Harijanto, Ayu Fani Damayanti and Joana Febri Andriani are playing in these two tourneys! Too bad, I will be on tours of Indonesia for my research! Oh, well...life goes on...
Old May 19th, 2003, 03:58 AM   #177
Shine On Silver Moon

Smile BII - PELTI's source of fund!

Bank Internasional Indonesia/BII just launched Master Card BII MC2 or MC Square in Seminyak, Bali last night. From each card holder's annual fee, part of it goes to PELTI for funding its tennis development...How about BII sponsoring a major international tourney in Jakarta? Thanks BII!
Old May 19th, 2003, 06:06 AM   #178
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
that's a great news, and I hope that MW will come up with more tourney

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 08:50 AM   #179
Shine On Silver Moon

Wink Go, beautiful Dea! I miss you!

Dea Sumantri from Bandung is playing at NCAA Championship and is representing Washington State University...Tough draw fro her since she has to face seede player from Stanford...Good luck, sweetie!

You know, Dea used to be top junior player with Angie...She is older than Angie...Dea/Angie used to be the stars in ITF junior tourneys in Asia...They have won titles together...Unfortunately, she decided to study in USA...I say that since she could have been on the tour with Angie...but on the other hand, good for her that she gets good higher education and at the same time she plays on NCAA level...The bad side by playing NCAA, she cannot play WTA tours...I doubt that she would be on WTA tours later on since she had foot injury badly...She plays just for fun! Good luck, beautiful lady!
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:00 AM   #180
Shine On Silver Moon

Cool "Gen-Bi" nominees for sport category

Indonesian tennis fans abroad, I wonder if you are familiar with "Extra Joss"...it is an energy drink which is popular here...Well, I never drink it myself actually...Again, this year, "EJ" is doing it again to choose the most popular "Gen-Bi" or "Generasi Biang" or I would say it is like the best idol for categories of sport, music and I forgot the other one (Amri, can u help me?)...coz I do care only for sport!!!

So, this year for sport, "EJ" has nominated a bunch of athletes and tennis is really privileged to have Angie & Wynne being nominated...Go, A & W!!!