Indonesian tennis - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #1516
country flag Golindz

Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Indonesian tennis

AOJ R2
Grace d. Mariane 63 60
Good luck againts Dasha
Golindz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #1517
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of

Grace before the withdrawal deadline has withdrawn from qualie at Burnie 25K...She thought since she still had to recuperate her abdominal muscle strain so she decided to pull out...She got such strain after she played for 3 hours when she defeated Kristyna Pliskova in R32 of Traralgon Grade 1...

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #1518
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...ching-top.html

Grace stays grounded in reaching for the top

Bruce Emond , The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Thu, 02/04/2010 12:38 PM | Sports

The lone Indonesian representatives at last week’s Australian Open were veteran Yayuk Basuki, at 39 making her return to Grand Slam play, and junior Grace Sari Ysidora. While Yayuk and partner Kimiko Date-Krumm made an early exit in the first round, 16-year-old Grace battled through to the third round of the girls singles in Melbourne.
Although she was proud to be playing for her country, she says she also felt “sad” that there were only two Indonesians in the draw. Still, she was pleased that two Chinese playing, Li Na and Jie Zheng, could reach the semifinals of the women’s event, calling it “amazing”, as well as the return of Justine Henin, the player she idolized growing up.
It was the 33rd-ranked Grace’s chance to compete against the “big girls” of junior tennis, not only in terms of higher rankings but also in physique.
At 164 cm, the player from Jakarta is, like Henin, relatively small in tennis terms, compared to leading juniors such as the Pliskova twins of the Czech Republic and Britain’s Laura Robson, although she still has time to grow.
“They’re so big, they just hit the ball so powerfully all the time, the way to beat them is you have to play smarter, use slice and really move well,” she said of her junior opponents after a morning practice Wednesday.
She used those smarts to overcome 13th seed Tamara Curovic of Serbia in straight sets in the first round, Canadian Marianne Jodoin for the loss of only three games in the second, before running out of steam against 3rd seeded Russian Daria Gavrilova after taking the first set.
“She has a really complete game, she can volley, mix it up with spin, so I was really confused when she started playing differently after the first set,” the young woman says with a smile.
Born to North Sumatran parents, Grace started playing as a five-year-old in Bandung, after wanting to join her older brother in a game. A coach quickly spotted her potential, and Grace’s mother gave her daughter an ultimatum of choosing between her first love of ballet and her new sport.
“My parents always tell me to do my best, that’s the most important thing.”
The teenager says her parents support her game but have never pushed her to play (her mother, unlike the stereotypical tennis parent ever hovering over their offspring, leaves Grace to speak for herself during the interview and goes off on her own).
Coached by Deddy Tedjamukti, who also coached former junior Wimbledon and French Open champion Angelique Widjaja, Grace is targeting reaching the top 10 in juniors and the top 300 in women’s rankings this year, from her current 769.
If she continues on to a pro career, she wants to be top 20. She says she needs to work on her movement to compete against stronger players, and introduce “suprise” elements, such as slice, to disrupt opponents’ rhythm.
“She has an explosive return, deep backhand drive, stylish running forehand and a tricky angle on her serve,” says tennis fan Adji Soedibjo, who has followed Grace’s career, adding that she has the ability to hit more winners than Angie.
“She still needs to improve her power, develop more agile footwork, her mental toughness and her offensive consistency.”
Grace, as older people like to say of the young, has a good head on her shoulders. She is focused on her schoolwork as well as her tennis, and is realistic about the demands of a pro career.
She acknowledges that the week in, week out schedule of tournaments and the loneliness of travel, is difficult.
Angie, who retired from the game two years ago after suffering injuries, has talked about the intense homesickness she felt traveling the world.
“I know that you really have to love the game to go on tour,” Grace says, adding that if a career on the circuit does not work out, she will go to university in the US (she has already been approached by Stanford and Northwestern).
Indonesian tennis is generally considered to be in the doldrums. In the 1970s and 1980s, the country was still one of the strongest in the sport in Asia.
In the 1990s, Yayuk was one of the most stylish and dynamic players on the women’s tour, reaching the Wimbledon quarterfinals and a top singles ranking of 19.
Today, since Angie’s retirement, Indonesia rarely earns a mention in the tennis world, aside from hosting an annual year-end tournament in Bali.
Observers blame the lack of a cohesive talent-scouting system and allege that officials play favorites in supporting the careers of those players who are part of their group.
Grace is too young to get involved in political game playing, she is more interested in simply playing the game of tennis. “Papi used to get upset about it, but he said when you get to number one, then nobody can argue with that anymore.”
For if you can’t join them, at least you can beat them. She says junior players can be standoffish, keeping a distance from their rivals.
“But once you’ve beaten them, then they start saying hello to you,” she says.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #1519
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of

Thank you, spiceboy

www.tnol.asia
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #1520
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Mas Adji being quoted in the article

What's her next schedule? And the rest of the INA girls?

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #1521
Shine On Silver Moon

In February issue of Cosmogirl Indonesia magazine, there is a page dedicated to Grace Sari Ysidora along with her picture in Reebok outfit and Prince racquet. The interview and the photo session were conducted prior to Aussie Open 2010. Right before Grace left for North America tour in August 2009, she had a deal with Prince International as sponsor for her racquet along with Reebok for her outfit. Now, she has been using Prince racquet same type as Sharapova's.

Plan A tour schedule of Grace:

1. Thailand Grade 1 - March 8-14, 2010 - SF defending points
2. Sarawak Grade 1 - March 16-21, 2010 - QF defending points
3. Manila Grade 1 - March 23-28, 2010 - QF defending points

Plan B tour schedule of Grace:

1. Thailand Grade 1 - March 8-14, 2010
2. Kofu, Yamanashi-ken 10K, Japan - March 22-28, 2010
3. Dunlop Japan Open Grade 1, Nagoya, Japan - Mar 30 to Apr 4, 2010

Speaking of Big Mama's girls...they're very secretive about their tour plan...we can only find out when entry list is being released...I doubt they will be on tour soon, they may be grounded for a month or so...I read in the newspaper that the elite camp's physical trainer from Australia actually warned Big Mama yesterday as Ayu had upper thigh injury again when she played doubles with Sandy then lost to Lee/Kim...The OZ trainer said that if Ayu's injury got worst which she seemed to have it today...Ayu will be out of the tour until June...

As we know, only 2 of 10Ks in March - Kofu and Nanjing, China...We will wait and see then...

www.tnol.asia

Last edited by Shine On Silver Moon : Feb 5th, 2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1522
Shine On Silver Moon

Based on the info from one of the chairmans in Indonesia Tennis Association, right after Fed Cup in KL, Sandy Gumulya submitted her resignation letter to Big Mama and basically she resigned from the elite camp...It seems that she is saying goodbye to her tennis career... Wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to do then...

www.tnol.asia

Last edited by Shine On Silver Moon : Feb 19th, 2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #1523
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine On Silver Moon View Post
Based on the info from one of the chairmans in Indonesia Tennis Association, right after Fed Cup in KL, Sandy Gumulya submitted her resignation letter to Big Mama and basically she resigned from the elite camp...It seems that she is saying goodbye to her tennis career... Wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to do then...
Sad news, but not surprising. She's had her fair share of injuries over the years... Too bad, as I think she could've made Top 200 healthy.

BTW, didn't you hear she left Mama Martina's camp last year?
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 12:35 AM   #1524
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
Sad news, but not surprising. She's had her fair share of injuries over the years... Too bad, as I think she could've made Top 200 healthy.

BTW, didn't you hear she left Mama Martina's camp last year?
Rising Sun, when MM fired the three musketeers - Suzanna, her hubby and Marieke - on her birthday last year, I heard that Sandy left the camp and was trained on her own...but then she was chosen to be in SEA Games squad, so that's why she had to return to MM's camp...

www.tnol.asia
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 02:13 AM   #1525
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Sandy.
MM camp ruined her career by causing constant injury to her.

Very sad to think about INA tennis at the moment. Lost in Fed Cup, then the only active player on tour at the moment is pretty much Yayuk Basuki
I can't believe none of INA players participate in Malaysia WTA tournament, the closest country, I am sure some can get the WC for qualifying if they request?

Hopefully Grace will give us some hope in few years time.

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 02:51 AM   #1526
country flag Golindz

Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold Golindz is a splendid one to behold

Sandy
Golindz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #1527
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Jessy is having her exams if I'm not wrong. Ayu is still nursing injury.

So MM will never fund only Lavinia to travel.

What INA players need are sponsor.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #1528
Shine On Silver Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harju. View Post
Jessy is having her exams if I'm not wrong. Ayu is still nursing injury.

So MM will never fund only Lavinia to travel.

What INA players need are sponsor.
Jessy is having exams? How did you know? She's no more HS student or did I miss anything that she never passed HS exam?

MM only sponsors the girls of her camp... but since Lavinia is no golden gal, I guess she will never travel alone...

www.tnol.asia
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #1529
Shine On Silver Moon

Effective from March 4, 2010 Grace Sari Ysidora got sponsorship from Rudy Project for sport sun glasses...Congrats!

www.tnol.asia
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #1530
Shine On Silver Moon

Ayu has entered 3 x 25K in South Korea starting from April 5, 2010 - so far only Ayu...

I guess Lavinia and Jessy will play 2 x 10K in China from March 29, 2010 - we will see...

www.tnol.asia