2013 Autumm comeback - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #181
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Offseason

detailed analysis after Us open showed some kind of weird bacteria

http://sport.idnes.cz/ukol-pro-kvito...93753_tenis_ma
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #182
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cat With Big Face ended Petra´s season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Unfortunately Petra (as far as I could see) was quite unimpressive during the YEC (at least for her standards).

Though she beat Aga 6-4 6-4, it should have been more like 6-2 6-2, as she let Aga off the hook numerous times. And Petra should have easily won the first set of the Kerber match, especially when you look at the overwhelming stats in Petra's favor. Once again, concentration lapses on Petra's part.

I didn't watch either Serena or Li Na match yet (don't know if I need to, considering what I just said), but the scores are a bit disappointing; seemingly backing up what I just said? She should/could have put up a better showing, I think. This was certainly not her Dubai, Doha, or Tokyo standard of this year from what I saw.

It's nice Petra made the YEC and won two matches there. Absolutely! But now (as we're once again hearing from her people for the umpteenth time), if she wants to get serious and reclaim her place amongst the top 2, now is the time.

Once again, women's tennis appears to be wide open for her in year 2014, if she wants it.
Yeah, completely agree. I had originally said that Serena just played too well in that rr match against Petra, but after rewatching it...Petra certainly had her chances, but didn't take them. She looked very tired overall starting w/ the first match against Aga. As Petra prepares for next season in a few weeks in Florida, she needs to adopt the mindset that if she wants to win a slam in 2014, she has to beat a peak Serena to do it. Right now, Serena can be less than 100% and still win the titles.
TennisAddict84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #183
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
Yeah, completely agree. I had originally said that Serena just played too well in that rr match against Petra, but after rewatching it...Petra certainly had her chances, but didn't take them. She looked very tired overall starting w/ the first match against Aga. As Petra prepares for next season in a few weeks in Florida, she needs to adopt the mindset that if she wants to win a slam in 2014, she has to beat a peak Serena to do it. Right now, Serena can be less than 100% and still win the titles.
Is Petra playing her first tournament in Florida, or is she training in Florida? Because if she is, that would be a first, and a step in the right direction (though I somehow believe she will be there with Radek, and it was his idea, not hers). But who cares.

Lord knows, she needs to get out of the Czech Republic sometimes (though I would prefer her to separate from her entire team).

Petra supposedly did say she was tired after the Kerber match. And She did get throttled by Li Na as well. But either way, I agree, she needs to rededicate herself, considering the little success she had at the end of the season (that should have inspired her) after a seemingly bad year for her recent standards.

Just imagine if she got it together for a full year, or at least large stretches of it?

Next season should tell us a lot about Ms. Petra Kvitova, and if she's going any farther in utilizing and developing her talents for more, greater success?

PS: Hopefully it's changed/will changed. But based off Kotyza's previous mentality and statements (even to start 2011), Petra may have a mental block against Serena, aided by him (along with the recent losses). So she'd have to overcome this to.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #184
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Is Petra playing her first tournament in Florida, or is she training in Florida? Because if she is, that would be a first, and a step in the right direction (though I somehow believe she will be there with Radek, and it was his idea, not hers).

Lord knows, she needs to get out of the Czech Republic sometimes (though I would prefer her to separate from her entire team).

Petra supposedly did say she was tired after the Kerber match. And She did get throttled by Li Na as well. But either way, I agree, she needs to rededicate herself, considering the little success she had at the end of the season (that should have inspired her) after a seemingly bad year for her recent standards.

Just imagine if she got it together for a full year, or at least large stretches of it?
I believe from what I read on TF that she'll be training there...and I do agree that it was most likely Radek's idea...seems like he's been a good influence on her so far

I'm glad she was able to turn it around during the Asian swing after such a crappy year...but I guess we'll see what happens w/ her off season training and her form in 2014

I've noticed that she has added a lot more margin and spin to her shots, allowing herself to rally more and not go for the outright low percentage winner every time, which is great, but then during other times, her shot selection at times is very questionable...consistently going for the FH DTL when she's out of position...slicing a FH during an easy put away at the net (in the rr match against Serena, having BP).

Her serve also is still not a consistent weapon...at times looking great getting unreturns, and at other times, succumbing to DFs

It'll be interesting if she can finally manage to be a consistent player in 2014
TennisAddict84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #185
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
I believe from what I read on TF that she'll be training there...and I do agree that it was most likely Radek's idea...seems like he's been a good influence on her so far

I'm glad she was able to turn it around during the Asian swing after such a crappy year...but I guess we'll see what happens w/ her off season training and her form in 2014

I've noticed that she has added a lot more margin and spin to her shots, allowing herself to rally more and not go for the outright low percentage winner every time, which is great, but then during other times, her shot selection at times is very questionable...consistently going for the FH DTL when she's out of position...slicing a FH during an easy put away at the net (in the rr match against Serena, having BP).

Her serve also is still not a consistent weapon...at times looking great getting unreturns, and at other times, succumbing to DFs

It'll be interesting if she can finally manage to be a consistent player in 2014
Yeah [ever since the YEC in 2011], it appears Petra employs top spin when she plays well or wins tournaments. She did it last year in Montreal and New Haven, as well as Dubai and Tokyo this year. However, as you noted, Petra's not consistent with it, or her shot selection in general many times.

Yeah, I think going anywhere outside of the Czech Republic to train is a good thing for her. I just hope she's not doing it, cause of her relationship? Nonetheless, it's a start [and hopefully] will add to her overall maturity.

Yes, she has to sort out her serve some way. Her velocity is severely lacking (compared to the past on her flattie). And even the funky work/action she used to have is seemingly non-existent.

Yeah, it was nice to see her play the way she did in Tokyo. Now she just needs to be in good enough to shape to play two excellent tournaments back to back. That's her next step/goal it appears.

I'm curious to see, what level of dedication, recognition (of her talent and not wasting it) and game planning Petra employs in 2014??
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #186
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's gonna slay next year, and all the fools who thought Radek was going to destroy her career will just have to bow down and acknowledge that he's the man.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #187
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
detailed analysis after Us open showed some kind of weird bacteria

http://sport.idnes.cz/ukol-pro-kvito...93753_tenis_ma
She contracted a bacteria? What?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #188
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
She contracted a bacteria? What?
She has some bacteria in her throat for months
http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...spici--1273444
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #189
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
She has some bacteria in her throat for months
http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...spici--1273444
Wow! How the hell? Poor Petra! Is she fine now? I wish I could read Czech
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #190
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yeah, I think going anywhere outside of the Czech Republic to train is a good thing for her. I just hope she's not doing it, cause of her relationship? Nonetheless, it's a start [and hopefully] will add to her overall maturity.
This! It does not matter whether it is Radek's influence or not. The point is she finally changes something in preparation during offseason.
So, another positive news to you Ex - Petra will skip Extraliga in Prostejov this year!

Petra's schedule for coming weeks (unofficial):
Nov 4-11 watch Radek at ATP World Tour Finals in London
Nov 12-16 Necker Cup exhibition
Dec 1-23? Training in Bradenton, Florida w. Kotyza and Vseticek
Dec 28 - Hopman Cup begins
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #191
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post
This! It does not matter whether it is Radek's influence or not. The point is she finally changes something in preparation during offseason.
So, another positive news to you Ex - Petra will skip Extraliga in Prostejov this year!

Petra's schedule for coming weeks (unofficial):
Nov 4-11 watch Radek at ATP World Tour Finals in London
Nov 12-16 Necker Cup exhibition
Dec 1-23? Training in Bradenton, Florida w. Kotyza and Vseticek
Dec 28 - Hopman Cup begins
Yeah, it's good that she's changing it up. And I sure hope it adds to her maturity.

I really don't care if Radek is the reason (though I'm sure it is). I only said what I said, cause long term if/when she breaks up with him, will she do something like this again (unless see notices it was good for her game)??

Yes, it's positive. I [really hope] she gets in some fantabulous shape and knocks em dead in 2014.

Maybe Radek is trying to change his reputation as a WTA Killer.

We'll see (to all of the above)?

Have a happy holidays, and new year, if we don't talk again Palkov.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #192
country flag steni

Quote:
Yeah, it's good that she's changing it up. And I sure hope it adds to her maturity.

I really don't care if Radek is the reason (though I'm sure it is). I only said what I said, cause long term if/when she breaks up with him, will she do something like this again (unless see notices it was good for her game)??

Yes, it's positive. I [really hope] she gets in some fantabulous shape and knocks em dead in 2014.

Maybe Radek is trying to change his reputation as a WTA Killer.

We'll see (to all of the above)?

Do you think dancing classes could help Petra's movement? I read that Azarenka did it in the 2011 offseason...
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #193
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks, wish the same to You and Your family!
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #194
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Do you think dancing classes could help Petra's movement? I read that Azarenka did it in the 2011 offseason...
I guess it could? It sure couldn't hurt.

However, I don't see a problem with Petra's movement that a dance class would address. I actually thing she's quite agile (especially for her size), and has stellar footwork when she's playing well. Just think of her transition game, net play, and how she hits some of those incredible leaning/running winners, and how she sets up her forehand with footwork? This is all when playing well of course.

The problem is; she's not consistent with it. I don't know why? Is it Petra being hard headed? Is it cause she's sickly, and we don't always know why her movement/desire is inconsistent? Is she not always in the best shape to move her best, and hit with more top spin like she can/has demonstrated? Why does she anticipate (or want to anticipate) better during some matches, and others she seems like she couldn't care less? Or is it some or all of the above??? Hopefully, her Florida training will address some of this?

Petra needs a committed, sustained, every day movement/anticipation that we usually see from her when she plays well (most of 2011, Montreal, Cincy, New Haven 2012, Dubia, Doha, Tokyo 2013), to be a top 1-3 player again.

She probably just needs to take her fitness to the next level (how about back to back titles, instead of the usual 2nd consecutive semi-final flame outs), and the rest will take care of itself??

Hope that helps?
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #195
country flag steni

Quote:
I guess it could? It sure couldn't hurt.

However, I don't see a problem with Petra's movement that a dance class would address. I actually thing she's quite agile (especially for her size), and has stellar footwork when she's playing well. Just think of her transition game, net play, and how she hits some of those incredible leaning/running winners, and how she sets up her forehand with footwork? This is all when playing well of course.

The problem is; she's not consistent with it. I don't know why? Is it Petra being hard headed? Is it cause she's sickly, and we don't always know why her movement/desire is inconsistent? Is she not always in the best shape to move her best, and hit with more top spin like she can/has demonstrated? Why does she anticipate (or want to anticipate) better during some matches, and others she seems like she couldn't care less? Or is it some or all of the above??? Hopefully, her Florida training will address some of this?

Petra needs a committed, sustained, every day movement/anticipation that we usually see from her when she plays well (most of 2011, Montreal, Cincy, New Haven 2012, Dubia, Doha, Tokyo 2013), to be a top 1-3 player again.

She probably just needs to take her fitness to the next level (how about back to back titles, instead of the usual 2nd consecutive semi-final flame outs), and the rest will take care of itself??

Hope that helps?
Thanks!