2013 Autumm comeback - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #151
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of
Re: Petra versus Serena

Guys se puso fea la cosa...
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #152
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Of course, servebotting Kvitty..what else is new? and Petra succumbing to pressure.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #153
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
Of course, servebotting Kvitty..what else is new? and Petra succumbing to pressure.
Petra needs a serve
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #154
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Petra needs a serve
Petra's serve has much spin that it can just be attacked like that. Another thing, Serena tries her best to retrieve Petra's serve back even if it means blocking it.
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #155
country flag steni

Quote:
Petra's serve has much spin that it can just be attacked like that. Another thing, Serena tries her best to retrieve Petra's serve back even if it means blocking it.
Its not working, her serve used to be better! 73 % first serves in but just winning 53% of points...
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #156
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future
Re: Petra lost easily to Serena in Istanbul

Petra has looked fatigued in both her matches, so the match with Angie is looking like a tough one.

Perhaps it's a sign of hard work in current training that will yield rewards in the long term, but for this week reaching the SF may be the best outcome.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #157
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Kerbear is a favourite
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #158
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Like i said it before, it's all about not losing to Kerber
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #159
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

NID. Serena was too good today.

On to the next match.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #160
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

petra really needs to develop a chip/slice return...and she needs to use her slice more during the rallies from the bs w/ serena...she's never gonna win exchanges from the bl when serena is steady like that and being stingy w/ UEs
TennisAddict84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #161
country flag hypersonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
petra really needs to develop a chip/slice return...and she needs to use her slice more during the rallies from the bs w/ serena...she's never gonna win exchanges from the bl when serena is steady like that and being stingy w/ UEs
IKR! If she likes to make it competitive against Serena especially when she is serving well, she needs to know how to slice/block/lob the ball back than just bashing the ball back (that what Justine and Kim did during their days), it will give her time to reposition herself and Serena finds it more difficult to make a good shot back out of a slice. She is never going to win against Serena when Serena is serving well just because she is going to serve her opponent to oblivion. The score seems to come across as if it was an easy match but there were a number of deuces but Serena was able to get a good read of Petra's serve so she could return the ball back with interest and get a short reply/forced error from Petra. A really determined Serena came out today and a quite tense/seemingly fatigued Petra was out there. Petra's tactics today were to keep the points short if given the chance but it was to no avail to her devoted opponent. Kudos to Serena for such a high level performance. The key was the serve, Serena's was phenomenal, Petra's was quite mediocre-good, although it was very much retrievable.
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #162

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
IKR! If she likes to make it competitive against Serena especially when she is serving well, she needs to know how to slice/block/lob the ball back than just bashing the ball back (that what Justine and Kim did during their days), it will give her time to reposition herself and Serena finds it more difficult to make a good shot back out of a slice. She is never going to win against Serena when Serena is serving well just because she is going to serve her opponent to oblivion. The score seems to come across as if it was an easy match but there were a number of deuces but Serena was able to get a good read of Petra's serve so she could return the ball back with interest and get a short reply/forced error from Petra. A really determined Serena came out today and a quite tense/seemingly fatigued Petra was out there. Petra's tactics today were to keep the points short if given the chance but it was to no avail to her devoted opponent. Kudos to Serena for such a high level performance. The key was the serve, Serena's was phenomenal, Petra's was quite mediocre-good, although it was very much retrievable.
great points. yea, i'm actually not sure why petra always plays against serena like this...she can't play against serena the same way that she plays against the other players...it's just not gonna work...

i firmly believe that petra can beat and outplay serena even when serena is at her best like today...IF petra plays the right tactics...i mean the added dimension to Petra's game, which is what makes her so exciting to watch...is not only that she has comparable power to Serena off both wings...but that she also possesses variety, which separates her from the entire field including serena

also, petra is way better off just getting a higher first serve % than having to throw in 2nd serves...
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #163
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
is not only that she has comparable power to Serena off both wings...but that she also possesses variety, which separates her from the entire field including serena
Wow! I guess people see what they want to see. Much as I like Kvitova's potential .to say that she has more variety than Williams is silly. There is nothing Kvitova can do that Williams can't. Yes Kvitova has as much power maybe even a little more. But you're writing as if Kvitova has been slaying everyone else and there's only Williams left to conquer.

Here's the thing . all the blah, blah, blah won't change the fact that Williams is up 5-0 and has a 76-4 W/L to Kvitova's 49-21. It's great to have potential but in a competitive sport it's about results. After 2011 I thought Kvitova was going to be a rival and a dominant force on tour but so far she hasn't done that. That's not to say she won't at some point.
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #164
country flag hypersonic

Quote:
great points. yea, i'm actually not sure why petra always plays against serena like this...she can't play against serena the same way that she plays against the other players...it's just not gonna work...

i firmly believe that petra can beat and outplay serena even when serena is at her best like today...IF petra plays the right tactics...i mean the added dimension to Petra's game, which is what makes her so exciting to watch...is not only that she has comparable power to Serena off both wings...but that she also possesses variety, which separates her from the entire field including serena

also, petra is way better off just getting a higher first serve % than having to throw in 2nd serves...
I might have spoken a little too fast about Petra's chances against Serena. I don't know about her future but if she doesn't sort out her tactics against a well-serving Serena, then she'll always have that feeling of succumbing against Serena's 'might' (ridiculous really) which if you compare both in terms of power (only Petra possesses more variety), they are very much similar so Petra doesn't need to feel humble or bow down to Serena as if she is a goddess. I mean, at the end of the day, Serena is human and she has just a lot of self-belief and has developed her fierce mentality over the years and during these tight matches, it is just a matter of how much she believes to herself and her capabilities. Of course, it gives her a mental advantage, knowing she can serve out of her serve games. But to be honest, it comes down to how much she believes she can produce those outstanding serves under pressure (esp. during deuces). Tactics-wise, I think Petra needs to vary her stance/position on the court when Serena serves so Serena is forced to think (and might become 'overthink') when the opportunity is right. I mean, I have seen Nadal in a lot of his matches change his position (from the baseline) when a big server is playing against him (e.g. Isner). Another thing, if she knows an ace is coming (which is likely) and already think she lost the point, why not choose a side (just a gamble) knowing that you already lost the point anyway? That way, she has a chance to perhaps guess her serve and has a better chance of retrieving the ball back, than just standing there on the baseline, waiting for the 'onslaught' of Serena's serve, and the opponent 'nailed' on the ground? I still believe she can win against Serena, even during Serena's good days, but it would be a huge task and requires the right combination of tactics, execution (that is, shot selection) and mentality (2 F's - fortitude and focus). If Kim and Henin can do it, why not Petra, with her inventory of weaponry in her arsenal?
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #165

Quote:
I might have spoken a little too fast about Petra's chances against Serena. I don't know about her future but if she doesn't sort out her tactics against a well-serving Serena, then she'll always have that feeling of succumbing against Serena's 'might' (ridiculous really) which if you compare both in terms of power (only Petra possesses more variety), they are very much similar so Petra doesn't need to feel humble or bow down to Serena as if she is a goddess. I mean, at the end of the day, Serena is human and she has just a lot of self-belief and has developed her fierce mentality over the years and during these tight matches, it is just a matter of how much she believes to herself and her capabilities. Of course, it gives her a mental advantage, knowing she can serve out of her serve games. But to be honest, it comes down to how much she believes she can produce those outstanding serves under pressure (esp. during deuces). Tactics-wise, I think Petra needs to vary her stance/position on the court when Serena serves so Serena is forced to think (and might become 'overthink') when the opportunity is right. I mean, I have seen Nadal in a lot of his matches change his position (from the baseline) when a big server is playing against him (e.g. Isner). Another thing, if she knows an ace is coming (which is likely) and already think she lost the point, why not choose a side (just a gamble) knowing that you already lost the point anyway? That way, she has a chance to perhaps guess her serve and has a better chance of retrieving the ball back, than just standing there on the baseline, waiting for the 'onslaught' of Serena's serve, and the opponent 'nailed' on the ground? I still believe she can win against Serena, even during Serena's good days, but it would be a huge task and requires the right combination of tactics, execution (that is, shot selection) and mentality (2 F's - fortitude and focus). If Kim and Henin can do it, why not Petra, with her inventory of weaponry in her arsenal?
all good points...the biggest thing that separates kim & henin from Petra is their speed & athleticism which is obviously a huge plus to have on your side when playing against serena