Watch out for Petra Kvitova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #1
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Watch out for Petra Kvitova

I've been following her results for more than a year now and saw her playing via the internet a few times.
I also watched today's match on Eurosport2 and I have to admit that she developed so much since I last saw her. I hadn't expected such a tremendous hitting from her. She hits extremely flat with davenport-like rhythm and has this odd forehand-grip. But it's soo effective. I mean Dementieva was screaming at times because the ball was really flying with such a great speed.
She also has a great attitude on court. She is very calm and doesn't get upset.

My prediction: By the end of the next year she will be Top20 if not higher
davidmario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #2
Demska
Miss Resilient

Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Petra Kvitova

She is another Safarova. She will hover around 20-30 but not much more.
Demska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #3
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demska View Post
She is another Safarova. She will hover around 20-30 but not much more.
I'm not sure. She is only 17 and I got the feeling of her having this natural hitting ability. She hits so clean and although she's not the fastest she was able to place the ball decently when running.
That reminded me a lot of Davenport.
What's her next tournament?
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #4
country flag dya74

dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all

top 30 isn't so bad!
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #5
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Another mindless ballbasher with shitty serve and poor movement. We've seen plenty of them before.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #6
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Another mindless ballbasher with shitty serve and poor movement. We've seen plenty of them before.
I think the same. She's all about hitting the ball as hard as possible, not much tactics there.
If you love someone, you tell them
Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing
Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems
Even if you're scared that it'll burn you life to the ground, you say it
And you say it loud
Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #7
country flag Peterk07

Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of

She won a $10k event in Szeged, Hungary in Oct. 2006. Zoltan Kucharszky saw her there, and said she will be top10 in 2 years. It seems he has an eye.
Peterk07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #8
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute

Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #9
country flag davidmario

I think the one who said her serve was weak is wrong. She has a pretty effective serve. I'm so convinced she will prove you all wrong!
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #10
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
I'm not sure. She is only 17 and I got the feeling of her having this natural hitting ability. She hits so clean and although she's not the fastest she was able to place the ball decently when running.
That reminded me a lot of Davenport.
What's her next tournament?
Antwerp Qualifying

♠ Check Out > Sofia-Arvidsson.webs.com

♠ Follow > Sofia Arvidsson Twitter Fans
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #11
country flag Piotr'ek

Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute Piotr'ek has a reputation beyond repute

Left-handed Petrova.
GOOD LICK: Maria Sharapova Karolina Sprem Ashley Harkleroad Vera Zvonareva Daniela Hantuchova Barbora Strycova Bethanie Mattek Elena Vesnina Mara Santangelo Nicole Vaidisova Ula Radwanska Viktoria Azarenka Lucie Hradecka Svetlana Kuznetsova Shahar Peer Justine Henin
Piotr'ek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #12
country flag papru

papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future

ballbasher allert

and a proud supporter of Agnieszka "The future World No.1" Radwanska
papru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #13
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

shes as 1 dimensional as it comes, she hit 3 volleys, 2 of which she missed, also i think she hit 1 slice. she hits a good hard ball, but it will feed the big hitters and she will come undone by players with more variety. i predict like others top 30 maybe.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #14
country flag mashamaniac

mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold mashamaniac is a splendid one to behold

But she's not yet a real deal...

Official Bookkeeper of the Maria Mafia
Cheering Tennis Sweeties:

Wozniacki ** Azarenka ** Vaidisova ** Cornet ** Cirstea ** Golovin
mashamaniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #15
country flag iPatty
Kvitova + Djokovic 2013

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Petra has all of the potential in the world. She just needs to work on her fitness and get faster. She is only 17, she has plenty of time.

I strongly disagree with whoever said she had a weak serve. Her serve is very effective when it is on, and it has a lot of slice on it. She can work on her touch and volleys, look at what Vaidisova and Ivanovic have done.