Will we have a new slam winner in 2014? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will someone win their first grand slam in 2014?

No 32 42.11%
Yes, AO 7 9.21%
Yes, RG 19 25.00%
Yes, Wimby 14 18.42%
Yes, USO 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 02:23 AM   #46
country flag tkutsaar

tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will we have a new slam winner in 2014?

In a previous similar thread posters were requested to predict next years slam winners. One poster’s prediction was as follows:

AO- Caroline Wozniacki
FO- Sara Errani
Wimbledon- Sabine Lisicki
USO- Sloane Stevens

That poster quickly retracted and disavowed this prediction; claimed it was only made in jest. And he admitted that his real sensible prediction would be that Serena will win one or two of next years’ slams. Well now I was disappointed that such a brilliant prognostication should suffer such an ignoble fate. So I have stepped in and endorsed this prediction and have adopted it as my own.

You will note that the beauty of this prediction is that none of these projected winners have yet won a slam. Ergo the answer to the question posed by this thread is yes we will have a new slam winner in 2014. Why we will actually have four!
tkutsaar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #47
country flag PhoebeTennis

PhoebeTennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Will we have a new slam winner in 2014?

Bine could win Wimby. Other than that, its Queen Rena dominance!
PhoebeTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #48
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
It's an even year so Maria will snatch a slam , RG probably .
correction, maria will snatch SLAMS!!!
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #49
country flag dwyerfan

dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light

Lisicki could win Wimbledon. I could see Radwanska winning a slam if the draw opens up, not sure which one is her best chance.

Beyond that, it is pretty much it. Serena and Azarenka could win all the slams next year, and I give Na and Kvitova amongst past winners outside shots to win a slam next year. Dont see anyway past winners Stosur, Pova, or Kuzy win one next year
dwyerfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #50
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroalltheway View Post
Yes, Caroline Wozniacki will win the U.S open.
+1
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #51
country flag dwyerfan

dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light

I like Woz but she aint ever winning a major. That ship sailed long long ago.
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #52
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
correction, maria will snatch SLAMS!!!
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #53
country flag dwyerfan

He might have meant mixed doubles slams.
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 02:08 AM   #54
country flag hien88

hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light

hope Aga can do better in Wimbley (her best court so far, I think?) and AO in 2014
hien88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #55
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

Aga - but no more than 2 slams in 2014 for the beginning
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #56
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryman3 View Post
Aga isn't good enough to win a slam
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #57
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyerfan View Post
I like Woz but she aint ever winning a major. That ship sailed long long ago.
Girl hush. Don't make me go upside your head.

caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #58
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
It's possible. Serena, Vika and Masha dominate, but they still can lose here and then, so who knows.

Among new possible slam winners, I'd mention Lisicki, Radwanska, Halep. It may be too soon for Stephens and not too late for Wozniacki.

Also, I believe Cornet can do very well if she keeps playing the way she does - getting better and better mentally, physically and technically. And if she can win one, it's the French.

Please feel free to laugh, it could be a joy to bump that thread up in a few months or years.
i understand being a fan has its own meaning at TF, but i really can't believe you said something like that in public. you should seriously get your shit together.

to answer the poll - no.
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #59
country flag LilMiss Britters

LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute

"Ladies and gentlemen, your 2014 Wimbledon champion - Agnieszka Radwanska!"

Tying your faves in knots since 2005
LilMiss Britters is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #60
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryman3 View Post
only 2? out of curiosity - how many slams did u predict aga would have won by now? my guess is about 5-7?
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote