Sammy's Asian Swing 2013 - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #616
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's Asian Swing 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by serena_the_queen View Post
Oh the irony if Sam wins Osaka and wins two titles in a year. But these wins are so important
It would be irony indeed, given the fact that this is Sam's worst year on tour post Lyme disease. But we've come to live for the little ironies and other scraps of consolation that Sam throws our way from time to time. Like the fact that this is the first tourney since RG where she's had at least one win in both singles and doubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I still think there are quite a few very big challenges in the way, with (probably) KDK, Mladdy and Keys, and then whoever's come through on the other side. It's nothing like what she had last year, really; so I'm determinedly not thinking about this as a chance to win a title
Another little irony is that after all she's been through this year Sam seems to be in better shape mentally than she was this time last year. Last year she seemed to be obsessed with trying to qualify for the YEC, which made her tight as a drum in most of her matches. This year there is no pressure, I think she figures it can't get much worse than it already is, so she isn't getting all flustered at the first sign of opposition from players she knows she should beat. It's early days yet, and as you said, the players she would have to beat are better than the players she's already beaten, but this is definitely a title chance.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #617

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a great rally
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #618

Love hold for Sam
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #619

They break from 0-40 down

Very entertaining match so far.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #620

Wow, they race to a 3-0 lead. Keep it going girls!
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #621

It's an unusual experience to see Sam playing well at the same time as her doubles partner. Usually it's more a tag-team affair. Maybe this is a combo for the futire
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #622

This is an annihilation
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #623

Really impressed by Zhang, she has a very positive approach, not afraid to go for her shots. Pretty formidable combination at the moment
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #624

What a tasty bagel
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #625

This commy keeps on calling Sam a bully
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #626
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

^ wait why

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #627

^Don't know, there isn't a bigger sweetie on the whole tour
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #628

9-0
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #629

Zhang has a great ROS
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #630

No double bagel