Sammy's Asian Swing 2013 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 05:47 AM   #16
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's Asian Swing 2013

@Sinclair: I'm the same way, I look at a draw now and say, "yeah, Sam could lose to her", "and her", "and her", and so on and so on. It really doesn't matter who it is, she could draw the legendary Brie Whitehead and I'd be thinking that she could lose. So SP's point about it not being a feature of this particular draw is spot on.

Hopefully that'll all turn out to be unnecessarily pessimistic and the feeling will pass. I want to use "bow down bitches" at least once this Asian swing, it's such a great line
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM   #17
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur/Cornet up last (fifth) on Centre Court Sunday
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM   #18
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all
Good news re coverage:

RT @josemorgado: Tokyo WTA will have 3 streamed courts all week. 50 live matches. Fantastic.

Cornet vs Sammy should have some so drama per usual. Haven't worked up if it will be some ungodly hour in Europe yet though but at least it's streamed

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 10:43 AM   #19

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
Good news re coverage:

RT @josemorgado: Tokyo WTA will have 3 streamed courts all week. 50 live matches. Fantastic
Awesome. Can't wait to see Sammy wildly charging the net at every opportunity

Should be a good time for me - something in the evening.

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM   #20

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good news re coverage:

RT @josemorgado: Tokyo WTA will have 3 streamed courts all week. 50 live matches. Fantastic.

Cornet vs Sammy should have some so drama per usual. Haven't worked up if it will be some ungodly hour in Europe yet though but at least it's streamed

If the 4 matches before don't get endlessly bogged down it should start around 12 noon in W. Europe, that would be around 11 am your time I think. If that's the case I will be able to watch, but I have to leave to catch a flight at around 2 pm, so I hope things don't get dragged out. I'll be away for most of the week and probably won't catch any matches for the next few rounds, so hopefully Sammy will kick some butts so I can catch up with her again in the SF.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM   #21
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all
@SvetlanaK27: We (me and Sam)did not get doubles WC to play in Tokio , this decision i wont ever understand ... But good luck to the rest of the teams )

What a bizarre decision on the tournament's part - 2 grand slam singles and doubles champions pairing up and they rejected them? Nevertheless good to know that they decided to play some more. They are both playing @ Beijing and Moscow so hopefully they will play together there!

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 11:25 AM   #22
country flag annetcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
If the 4 matches before don't get endlessly bogged down it should start around 12 noon in W. Europe, that would be around 11 am your time I think
Sounds decent timing wise - particular nice that Sam is playing on Sunday

Last edited by annetcl : Sep 21st, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM   #23

Quote:
@SvetlanaK27: We (me and Sam)did not get doubles WC to play in Tokio , this decision i wont ever understand ... But good luck to the rest of the teams )

What a bizarre decision on the tournament's part - 2 grand slam singles and doubles champions pairing up and they rejected them? Nevertheless good to know that they decided to play some more. They are both playing @ Beijing and Moscow so hopefully they will play together there!

Exactly!

It's this kind of crap that is killing the doubles tour. Any tournament with the slightest interest in promoting its doubles competition would have welcomed Sam and Sveta with open arms.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #24

The WCs went to:
Cibulkova/Erakovic
KDK/Parra-Santonja
Flipkens/Kvitova

I know I can't possibly judge this fairly, but while I can understand they'd want to get hometown hero KDK into the draw, I don't know how on Earth they passed over Sam/Sveta for the other two teams?

Last edited by SilverPersian : Sep 22nd, 2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM   #25
country flag Adomoose

Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold

I'm ready. Bring it Sammy
Adomoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:30 AM   #26

Let's go Samambo. She's at the net now preparing her Cornet-defeating tactics

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:32 AM   #27

I'm probably only going to have time to watch the first set, so I hope Sam gets off to a good start.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #28

Great opening game

*0-1

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #29

Great opening game from Sammy!
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #30
country flag Adomoose

Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold

Positive start.
Adomoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote