Sammy's Asian Swing 2013 - Page 152 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM   #2266
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's Asian Swing 2013

61 64

Champion of the Seredets group
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2013, 08:17 PM   #2267
country flag Adomoose

Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold

Sam won.

...back to bed I go...
Adomoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 08:17 PM   #2268
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Whew. The miniest of wobbles to go to 15-30, but GOAT serving cleared it up.

Sammy gets the "easier" SF. Pav may not be a pushover though. Sam will need to lift her game a tad I think
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM   #2269

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Sammy all smiles hitting balls to the crowd
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM   #2270
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all
Great serving towards the end to win phew! Who would have thought Sam would top the group after yesterday really lifted her game towards the end! My guess is that there will be a two thumbs up post on Fb tonight

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 08:39 PM   #2271

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
Great serving towards the end to win phew! Who would have thought Sam would top the group after yesterday really lifted her game towards the end! My guess is that there will be a two thumbs up post on Fb tonight

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yes, she served great, which will help her a lot in the SF. But she is still really struggling quite a bit in her ground game, as she more or less conceded in her post-match interview (it was kind of backhanded insult to Tsveti, saying that she hoped she would go back to playing like her first match after playing not so great yesterday and today). Don't know if she'll get the chance to practice tomorrow before the match (who would she hit against?)
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM   #2272
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all

^yes re her ground game - good thing some of her shank returns landed in! I suppose it's good that we saw a few glimpses of the Sammy from Osaka late in the second set where she seemed to really get on top of the ball to unload her groundies in the game she broke Pironkova but generally she doesn't seem really at ease out there. Re her hitting partner, I am actually amazed at how well she is playing recently even without regular hitting partner on the road with her - but you are right - who on earth will she practice with tomorrow? maybe she will indeed just be practicing her serves
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM   #2273
country flag Adomoose

Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold Adomoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Ado, don't you ever sleep?
I am a bit of an insomniac at the moment so am a little sleep deprived. The joys of owning a business. I had mastered the power nanna nap until today when I woke up at the end of the first set and couldn't drag myself out of bed to watch the match. Ended up checking live scores instead and reading the commentary here

Last edited by Adomoose : Nov 2nd, 2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 02:20 AM   #2274
country flag Adomoose

Rankings update:

- If Sam reaches the final she will finish the year No 18.
- If Sam wins the final she will finish the year No 17, which will almost guarantee her a Top 16 seed at the Oz Open.
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 04:16 AM   #2275
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future

Wow. What a lucky break for Sam that VIP choked away a SF against Pavs. Really is a game changer to avoid Halep to at least the final IMO. Not that I don't think Sam can beat Halep... She can... only if she really ups her ground game though. I really like her chances against Pavs though.
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM   #2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by serena_the_queen View Post
Wow. What a lucky break for Sam that VIP choked away a SF against Pavs. Really is a game changer to avoid Halep to at least the final IMO. Not that I don't think Sam can beat Halep... She can... only if she really ups her ground game though. I really like her chances against Pavs though.
Yeah, Sam lucked out for sure. Her game isn't yet at a point where I'd give her much of a chance against Simona, so it's great that she gets an easier SF to hopefully play herself into form before the final.

Pavs may not be a pushover though. Sam would have to be a pretty clear favorite, but they've both been running a bit hot and cold all tournament, and if Pavs has a hot run while Sam is struggling, she has a big enough game to cause Sam some serious problems.

The challenge for Sam is to keep serving well, and find just the right mix between aggression and safety in her ground game. If she can do that she should pull through I'd say.
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 05:41 PM   #2277

I swear poor Sim has aged ten years in the last 4 weeks
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 05:48 PM   #2278

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watch the other SF? How did Halep look?

Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2279

^Didn't watch all of it, but she finished in GOAT style
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #2280

Battle of the UEs at the moment. Thankfully Pavs is winning it.

Sam *2-0