Gioia Barbieri - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #16
country flag deuxfaces

deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice
Re: Gioia Barbieri

$25,000 Zawada (POL)
1R: (6)Kristina Barrois (GER) d. Gioia Barbieri (ITA) 64 61

$25,000 Bucha (UKR)
1R: (Q)Marianna Zakarlyuk (UKR) d. (5)Gioia Barbieri (ITA) 76(4) 62

Well, safe to say that Gioia cooled off at the tail end of the season. I thought carpet would have suited her aggressive style, but she hadn't played on this surface for a long time. Hopefully she stays healthy and continues to progress next year.
Quote:

Photo - Alessandro Nizegorodcew (http://bit.ly/1b6fQRs)
deuxfaces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #17
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute

Unexpected loss against Marianna, but yeah, she probably ran out of gas.
This means she won't play Australian Open, but with no points to defend until the end of February I am very optimistic about her chances to play Roland Garros.
Eldest is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #18
country flag deuxfaces

deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice deuxfaces is just really nice

$25,000 Pune (IND)
R1: (4)Gioia Barbieri (ITA) d. (LL)Natasha Palha (IND) 62 61
R2: (4)Gioia Barbieri (ITA) d. (Q)Anna Shkudun (UKR) 63 62
QF: (4)Gioia Barbieri (ITA) d. (Q)Keren Shlomo (ISR) 62 63
SF: Kamila Kerimbayeva (KAZ) d. (4)Gioia Barbieri (ITA) 62 62

Quote:
In the first singles semi-final, Kerimbayeva caught the Italian opponent by surprise with some aggressive hitting from both the flanks. Barbieri failed to handle the pace of Kerimbayeva's strokes, as she got broken in the fourth and the eighth game of the first set.

The second set was a similar story as the Kazak raced to a 5-1 lead, and eventually completed a 6-2 6-2 win in just 68 minutes.

http://bit.ly/IVzdkE
It doesn't appear Gioia has enough points for a spot in Australian Open qualifying.
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #19
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute

She is not going there for sure, but she is 99 % playing all the other Slams in 2014.
Playing another 25k in India, then 50k Ankara. I think she did not want to play Aus Open and will probably make longer the winter preparation for the next season.
Best ranking in two weeks
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #20
country flag milionesimo

milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice

Today's article on the defeat of Gioia Barbieri: http://www.tennisteitaliane.it/?p=366
milionesimo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #21
Eldest

Gioia won her first round in 25k of India. Next is Kerimbayeva again
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 02:05 AM   #22
country flag deuxfaces

Back in action!

$25,000 Grenoble (FRA)
1R: Gioia Barbieri (ITA) vs. (6)Maria-Elena Camerin (ITA)

There are a few videos of Gioia's off-season training on the San Marino Tennis Academy's Facebook page. Hope the hard work will pay off.

Old Feb 4th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #23
country flag deuxfaces

$25,000 Grenoble (FRA)
1R: (6)Maria-Elena Camerin (ITA) d. Gioia Barbieri (ITA) 76(7) 62
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 08:28 AM   #24
Eldest

Gioia will play in Brasil for the next weeks.
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 01:57 AM   #25
country flag deuxfaces

Some videos of Gioia training:

Old Feb 24th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #26
Eldest

Her grunt is orgasmic, seriously.
She won 6-2 6-2 against Vdovenco today in 25k Beinasco
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #27
Eldest

QFs in Beinasco
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #28
country flag deuxfaces

$25,000 Beinasco (ITA)

R1: Gioia Barbieri (ITA) d. (Q)Anastasia Vdovenco (MDA) 62 62
R2: Gioia Barbieri (ITA) d. (Q)Anna-Giulia Remondina (ITA) 75 76(0)
QF: (wc)Camilla Rosatello (ITA) d. Gioia Barbieri (ITA) 76(6) 60

@Rye I get that you watched the QF match. What happened to Gioia? She was up *5-3...
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #29
Eldest

Rosatello started not to miss her backhand and was just superior for the rest of the match.
Gioia needs to work on her serve; the rest is ready for bigger stages.
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 07:51 PM   #30
country flag milionesimo

milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice

ITF Innisbrook 25.000$ Gioia Barbieri beat the final in singles but smiles in the double by winning the title

Gioia Barbieri class 1991, n ° 234 of the world rankings has failed to win the final of the $ 25,000 ITF tournament Innisbrook stopping on his way in the semifinal match defeat by American Grace Min player class of 1994 No. 183 in the world impostasi in two sets with the final score of 7-6,6-2.

Full Article on: http://www.tennisteitaliane.it/

milionesimo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote