Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF! - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1936
country flag MrWaagh
Venus fan!

MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF!

Sooo surprising that she is playing doubles there

Does anyone want to make the Beijing thread?
MrWaagh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1937
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

Venus has been absolutely horrible in tiebreaks since the "tiebreak that shall not be mentioned". It's amazing how mentally strong she is until she gets in a winning position in a BIG MATCH. She had this. That seeding for the AO was so close to being secured. I don't want to see her wear herself out for the rest of the year trying to get it. Positive week overall,but such a tough loss.
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #1938
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWaagh View Post
Sooo surprising that she is playing doubles there

Does anyone want to make the Beijing thread?
You make it.Maybe she'll have another run.
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #1939
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Since the start of 2009, Venus' tiebreak record has been: 15-25.

2009: 3-12
2010: 5-2 (Good but the 2 losses were in the most painful 2 matches)
2011: 0-2
2012: 5-5
2013: 2-4

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #1940
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

This was a GREAT week for Venus. This is the FIRST tournament since her injury that she's been able to serve well and play well. Cut Venus some slack. Her serve really started to click this week and her serve was great in this tournament.

We have to take it one tournament at a time. Now that her serve is holding up and she's gaining her mental strength and court positioning, she'll get better in the tie breaks. All of that will continue to come with more tournaments.

But more than that, Venus has positioned herself where she has a bye and don't have to play everyday. She can get some rest like like the other top players. We have to be proud of every small step Venus makes. She hasn't played that much tennis this year and she's come this far.

This was another 3 set match that lasted almost another 3 hours. To be honest, I don't know if Venus would have lasted for the final because she's played a LOT of tennis in the past 5 days.

That was a good match from both players. The more Venus plays the more she will learn to convert on those break points. It's happening for Venus we just have to stick with her and encourage her because the Venus haters didn't give her a chance to get past the 2nd round. So the fact that she made it to the semi's is GREAT.

GO VENUS. I'm just glad her serve is getting better. That's what she needs to win.

Rest up Vee and on to China
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #1941
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold

Nice fight Vee . Kvitova played unbelievable at the end of the third set...
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #1942
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Since the start of 2009, Venus' tiebreak record has been: 15-25.

2009: 3-12
2010: 5-2 (Good but the 2 losses were in the most painful 2 matches)
2011: 0-2
2012: 5-5
2013: 2-4

what about before then?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #1943
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

She seems to have a horror on the very first point of all these tiebreaks too that set the tone immediately
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #1944
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

Damn those tiebreak stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
This was a GREAT week for Venus. This is the FIRST tournament since her injury that she's been able to serve well and play well. Cut Venus some slack. Her serve really started to click this week and her serve was great in this tournament.

We have to take it one tournament at a time. Now that her serve is holding up and she's gaining her mental strength and court positioning, she'll get better in the tie breaks. All of that will continue to come with more tournaments.

But more than that, Venus has positioned herself where she has a bye and don't have to play everyday. She can get some rest like like the other top players. We have to be proud of every small step Venus makes. She hasn't played that much tennis this year and she's come this far.

This was another 3 set match that lasted almost another 3 hours. To be honest, I don't know if Venus would have lasted for the final because she's played a LOT of tennis in the past 5 days.

That was a good match from both players. The more Venus plays the more she will learn to convert on those break points. It's happening for Venus we just have to stick with her and encourage her because the Venus haters didn't give her a chance to get past the 2nd round. So the fact that she made it to the semi's is GREAT.

GO VENUS. I'm just glad her serve is getting better. That's what she needs to win.

Rest up Vee and on to China
Yeah I actually do agree. She's match fit as this tournament has demonstrated so well (three three setters in the same number of days), but she isn't quite match sharp, especially when it's hers to take. This will hopefully improve as she stays physically fit and plays some more matches. And really I have to give credit to Petra because she played some amazing tennis.
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #1945
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't believe the way she has been serving again, and being quite clutch too with it.
I had such a horrible feeling about this back injury so I'm beyond ecstatic that the serve is back in business again
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1946
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Vee I'm so very happy and proud with the way she fought this past week. This should silence allot of people about retiring

Now GL to Vee in Beijing
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #1947
country flag MrWaagh
Venus fan!

MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute

Still laughing at that tiebreak. 0-6
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #1948
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenuStan View Post
Damn those tiebreak stats

Yeah I actually do agree. She's match fit as this tournament has demonstrated so well (three three setters in the same number of days), but she isn't quite match sharp, especially when it's hers to take. This will hopefully improve as she stays physically fit and plays some more matches. And really I have to give credit to Petra because she played some amazing tennis.

Spot on. That's why I'm glad her serve is starting to click and the more she plays she will get into the flow with her serve and get match sharp so she can serve up aces in the tiebreaks to get free points. Venus was hitting aces left and right tonight, and because she's not match sharp she didn't use any aces to gain free points in the tie break. However, I do believe she will begin to do that the more she plays and gets comfortable serving throughout the match.

One thing I did notice was that her toss was much better in this match. The more she serves, she'll get more consistent with throwing up the toss.

VenuStan I'm really proud that she got this far and the more she plays the better. And I'm proud of Petra too because she played amazing tennis too. It's good to see her game clicking in this tournament too. This was a good semifinal and I do believe that it's critical for the WTA that their top players bring it like they did today/tonite.

I'm soooo glad Venus has a bye in China. Now she can get that extra day of rest and not feel the pressure of having to play everyday.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1949
country flag MrWaagh
Venus fan!

She must have had about 10 BP's in that third set as well.
Obviously the fact that she has been playing well this week is great, but she will have to become better in these tight situations in order to win titles.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1950
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Spot on. That's why I'm glad her serve is starting to click and the more she plays she will get into the flow with her serve and get match sharp so she can serve up aces in the tiebreaks to get free points. Venus was hitting aces left and right tonight, and because she's not match sharp she didn't use any aces to gain free points in the tie break. However, I do believe she will begin to do that the more she plays and gets comfortable serving throughout the match.

One thing I did notice was that her toss was much better in this match. The more she serves, she'll get more consistent with throwing up the toss.

VenuStan I'm really proud that she got this far and the more she plays the better. And I'm proud of Petra too because she played amazing tennis too. It's good to see her game clicking in this tournament too. This was a good semifinal and I do believe that it's critical for the WTA that their top players bring it like they did today/tonite.

I'm soooo glad Venus has a bye in China. Now she can get that extra day of rest and not feel the pressure of having to play everyday.
Yeah I noticed this too, and that was great to see. Ball toss has been a major issue for her lately but it improved today and her serving was really sharp and saved her a lot of times.

If you told me before the start of the tournament that she'd have this kind of amazing run, I'd have taken it. In a way, yeah she could have done even better, but we can see the progress being made quite clearly.
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote