Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF! - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #1921
country flag MrWaagh
Venus fan!

MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF!

Ugh. Well of course it was a great week, but still...she could have won this match.
MrWaagh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #1922
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

LMAO how predictable she loses on a damn tiebreak. Well that's the albatross on her neck

Oh well, it's still been a great week and I'm immensely proud of Venus. Looooots of positives to take, and Petra played a damn good match. But all those wasted BP chances and the predictability of a nervy tiebreak from Vee...yeaaaaah, they stick for now.
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #1923
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

cruel for the match to end on that note but I'm so proud of Vee's efforts this week. it has been amazing and her game will continue to get better
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #1924
country flag olympus28

olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of
What she needs is a title when she is close to it like in Tokyo she doesnt need to just have good weeks its useless.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"Until Venus came along, tennis was dead. Venus brought tennis to life. When Serena came along and added more life, tennis became a very popular sport all over again. Until then, tennis had died and went to hell."
R. Williams
olympus28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #1925
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Still a great week for Venus. I'm super proud of her.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #1926
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

That tiebreak

Honestly even if she'd won she wouldnt have had much in the tank for the final.

I'm just happy with the level she's displayed. Build on it Venus, build on it!!!
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #1927
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^I don't agree with olympus about needing to win the title if she gets to that stage. It was a great effort, but sooo many blown chances and such an awful end. This match just ended on such a bad way. A great week with tons of fight and clutch play ended with the last 2 return games sucking and an atrocious tiebreak. Ended on a such a yuck note.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #1928
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Heartbreaking loss, but there is definitely more upside here. Venus is really back! My hopes for Venus are on the bigger picture. These titles are great, but I really want just one more Slam(at least) for her. And this week shows me that she's got it in her. Great week all things being considered and now a few days rest with the bye in Beijing. Good luck Venus!
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #1929
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

So how bad is the draw in Beijing? I haven't seen it? Is she playing Serena in her second round match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeucesAreWild View Post
Heartbreaking loss, but there is definitely more upside here. Venus is really back! My hopes for Venus are on the bigger picture. These titles are great, but I really want just one more Slam(at least) for her. And this week shows me that she's got it in her. Great week all things being considered and now a few days rest with the bye in Beijing. Good luck Venus!
She's not quite back, but almost there. The Venus of old never squandered so many BP chances + played so badly on tiebreaks. But the base game is fantastic. She should have won this like she should have won in the US Open, but she's in even better form here, and that's great to see.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #1930
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^R1 - Bye, R2 - Lisicki, R3 - Na, QF - Petra.

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #1931
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

2-13 on break points.Harsh stat.
Would love for Venus to finish the year with a title in China,which will be very challenging,or Moscow.
So close,so close,so close.
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1932
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^And she is throwing doubles on top of that. I expect her to call her season an end after Beijing.

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1933
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

and doubles against Chan/Huber

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #1934
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #1935
country flag VenuStan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Shit. That's a hellish draw. And there's doubles on top of that.
Best of luck Vee but I can't imagine she has a lot left in the tank, damn.