Friday @ IW - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:04 PM   #1
country flag Tratree

Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of
Friday @ IW

Got there about 11:00 am after the big drive out. Didn't see Chanda's match as she had taken care of bidness before I hit town

Saw the third set of Dokic-Rittner. Commented a bit on that in the General Messages thread on being concerned about Dokic. The good news is that she was out on the practice courts a couple of hours after her loss working hard with Heinz G. He is such a funny guy...he was setting her up for approach shots and then would imitate her form if she was prissy getting to a ball or whatever. She seemed to be in a good mood for someone handed their butt on Stadium court.

Saw the whole Hantuchova-Mandula match. Petra had nothing to hurt Dani. Sounds like an easy win for Dani, but she made a bit harder on herself with some sloppy play. She isn't playing with near the confidence she had last year, but overall her game looked pretty good. She is moving WAY better than she did last year and is tinkering with a kick serve which seemed to be effective. Saw her in the dining area before her match and she was pacing around a bit...looked very nervous to be the defending champ, but she did well on court. Yes, she is thin, but I'm gonna take a tape measure to her cuz I think she has easily grown an inch in the last year, if not more. She doesn't look unhealthy to me....good color, hair looks healthy, not alarmingly thin, IMO.

Made my way around the practice courts and saw a lot of guys out there (ahhh...warm weather and shirtless practicing, lol). Guga was the practice whore yesterday...he was out there three different times. Todd Martin was also out twice. Dang, he's getting so gray. He, very wisely, was not practicing shirtless Neither was Juan Carlos, which was not pleasing. Marat Safin joined the party and was practicing with Guga. Kafelnikov even looked decent for somewhat slighter build guy. Federer was hitting with Max Miryni (can't make that look right).

Funniest sight was Younes El-Aynaoui practicing with like 300 people watching. Don't know if they were ESPN viewers who caught his "Instant Classic" match with Roddick in OZ or if they thought he was James Blake

Tammy Tanasugarn was signing autographs for legions of kids. Always so nice to the fans Got some pictures and they will be up after Sunday on www.tennis-ontheline.com

Saw Denisa Chladkova heading out to the practice courts. Does the girl have a lice problem....cuz seriously, no girl should wear her hair like that. Really nasty looking.

Clement, sans blades sunglasses, was hitting around a "football" in the grassy area with another equally fine man. Lots of players using the "grassy knowl" for running sprints, playing soccer, throwing frisbees, flirting with players from the other tour (or same one, etc.

Saw Mirjana Lucic walk by when I was eating lunch and she does look fitter than last year. Easily has lost 20 pounds. Didn't see her practice, but will be looking out for her. She looked happier than last year too...a little life in her eyes this time. If only she would win a match.

Kleinova was the one I saw everytime I looked around yesterday. There's always one player who turns up everywhere....usually one who is already out of the draw

The WTA mascot, Ana Paola (daughter of Neffa de los Rios) was scooting around everywhere. Paola Suarez had her come sit on her lap and was reading to her...very cute. Unfortunately, her mom lost in doubles too.

MommyCap and BrotherCap were sitting in the dining area during my lunch, talking to Chanda Rubin, but I didn't see JenCap. She had an autograph signing in the Fila Shop yesterday I believe. Steven is working as her coach this week...hmm...at least we don't have to be subjected to Stefano in shorts

Barbara Schett was doing her usual talking to a table full of boys in the dining area. No wonder she doesn't win matches....boys, boys, boys. She looks awfully unfit still, which is disconcerting.

Watched a bit of doubles later in the afternoon. Bovina/Stubbs looked to be in charge easily over Dechy/Loit, so after a few games I moved over to Myskina/Safina vs. Rittner/Vento-whateverhernewnameisnow. Myskina is impressive-looking on court, but sad to say she plays with about as much smartness on court as her older brother. She even gave us a Marat racket toss after about her 5th error in a row. I left after they blew the first set 5-7. Surprisingly, they pulled it out in three sets. My first time seeing Safina in person and she is like Marat with a skirt on (whoa...bad image!). Temperment is exactly the same and she has nice solid strokes, but just doesn't use her noggin and overhits a LOT. Myskina won the fashion plate award for her doubles match with some little orange shorts with the belt like Anna K. has been wearing....very cute

Bad marks all around to the shoe companies...there are some atrocious shoes out there this season, starting with Barbara Rittner's awful bowling shoe look.

That's it for me right now....I've probably forgotten about half of what I saw, will post if I think about it.

No news on Garbin's injury yet. Kremer was definitely the wrist.

Gotta go get ready for another fun day in the sun! My pictures will probably be up Monday or so on www.tennis-ontheline.com Lots of practice court stuff and some candids.
Tratree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:10 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
thanx Traci
doing a good job
you and Ed Toombs
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #3
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks a lot Traci. It was a wonderful read and could you please answer my question(s) in the General Messages thread on being concerned about Jelena?. Thanks. Have another fun day!
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #4
country flag vaiva

vaiva has disabled reputation
Great and amusing report, Tratree!
Thanks so much!
Keep them coming
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:18 PM   #5
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Thanks for these details Tracy. And I look forward to your photos on Monday .

As TBE mentioned, very interesting match reports from Ed .
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #6
country flag Tratree

Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of
Thanks guys...I will pass on the nice words to Ed when I see him in a new minutes. Aaron, already posted a follow-up to your questions

Off to the Tennis Gardens I go!
Tratree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM   #7
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tratree
Thanks guys...I will pass on the nice words to Ed when I see him in a new minutes. Aaron, already posted a follow-up to your questions

Off to the Tennis Gardens I go!
Yes, I just noticed. Thanks. I have one more question there.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:47 PM   #8
country flag Fieke

Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future Fieke has a brilliant future
Interesting report! Thanks

Bye|KimClijsters|Bye

veel succes|KirstenFlipkens|CarolineMaes|YaninaWickmayer|TamarynHendler|MisaKrajicek|veel succes
Held og lykke|CarolineWozniacki|Held og lykke

Go Ninof|Kevin Van der Perren|Go Ninof

RIP|Paul Hunter|RIP
Fieke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:57 PM   #9
country flag Elleke

Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all
Thanks a lot!

Elleke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:11 PM   #10
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all
GREAT report! Thanks!

I am a sinner too!
Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

Good works can't save you from hell!! Jesus loves you and wants to be in your heart and mind!!!

I will worship Jesus forever!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:29 PM   #11
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
thanx

great to hear some good news about mirjana!
croat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:33 PM   #12
mala18

mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice mala18 is just really nice
Thank you thank you thank you
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:33 PM   #13
country flag TatiAnnahølic

TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Barbara Schett was doing her usual talking to a table full of boys in the dining area. No wonder she doesn't win matches....boys, boys, boys. She looks awfully unfit still, which is disconcerting.
LMAO Babsi!
TatiAnnahølic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:47 PM   #14
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Tratree for your vivid Friday-report.
Hopefully Daniela won't think of defending the title through all other matches that should come.

Can we rely on you to post your impressions on Sat., Sun., Mon. ... , too ????
Plz do so.

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:48 PM   #15
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
thanks
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote