The reputation feature - LAST UPDATE: AUGUST 2003 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #76
Lynx

Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future
Marina, you have to type in the code for the smiley you want to use. For instance, a simple smile would be : ) - but without the space in between. A yawn would be : yawn: (but again, without the space after the colon).

You yourself won't see the smilies in your comment-line, though, you'd only see your code...

My advice: if you don't know the codes for the smilies, open a second window, open the reply (you can go back later with the back-key without replying anything), open the smiley-window; then go to the post you want to rate and open the rate-window; you'd still be able to see all the codes for the smilies in the smiley-window.

Or you can learn them by heart, they're not too difficult to remember.
Lynx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #77
country flag nicky

nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future
You can also open the smilie window (go to post reply, click on the "view more smilies" and then don't post the reply, just go back). You'll have a separate pop up window with all the smilies.
But that's a bit more work, so for rep points it might be more practical to just learn the most important/your favorit smilie codes .
nicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #78
Lynx

Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by majo
you have to type them in yourself, like ": confused:" of ": mad:"

Now why can't I answer a simple question with only a few words like you .

I fear I like to hear myself talk write.

And sorry, Majo - didn't see your reply till I had posted mine.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #79
Lynx

Hi nicky. Traffic jam, here .
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 11:43 AM   #80
country flag nicky

nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future nicky has a brilliant future
OOPS.

Posted at exactly the same time

Are we all doing our "after lunch reading" ?
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #81
country flag Majo
Team WTAworld

Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx
Now why can't I answer a simple question with only a few words like you .

I fear I like to hear myself talk write.

And sorry, Majo - didn't see your reply till I had posted mine.
np

I justed posted that we had all posted at the same time, but actually it was just you and nicky, mine was 10 minutes earlier (so I deleted my post )

so typically me...

btw: both of you explained it a little bit better than I did I have to admit...

Nolle in causa est; non posse praetenditur.
~Seneca~
Majo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #82
country flag nicky

Hi Majo!

I had actually read your first post, and just wanted to add the popup window thing (I had only found out a couple of days before - and only because I had left it open unintentionally ).
And Mark just beat me in posting .
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #83
Lynx

Well, I didn't see Majo's post - I was writing mine, taking my sweet time about it (too much, apparently - more than 10 minutes ??? ), so I don't think I beat you, nicky

I'm sooooo slow in posting - I don't know how you guys do it.

• • •

PS: you don't know Barrie, Majo? Aahh... ask Angèle. Or ask any other young "innocent" girl (or boy!) who wanders in NT and inadvertently bumps into the dude. For that matter - ask me. He tried to come on to me, too - can you imagine .

Anyway: as you're aiming to be a nun, you probably shouldn't know about such things.

Old Jul 4th, 2003, 12:28 PM   #84
country flag nicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx
Well, I didn't see Majo's post - I was writing mine, taking my sweet time about it (too much, apparently - more than 10 minutes ??? ), so I don't think I beat you, nicky

I'm sooooo slow in posting - I don't know how you guys do it.

Ever tried the "quick reply" box?

Anyway, I guess that's the reason most of your posts are so well constructed and thought through... - mine just tend to be short
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #85
Lynx

Yes, but I don't like it.
It's ok for very short answers, I guess.

"Well constructed"... hmm ---
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 09:32 PM   #86
country flag msimunic

msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about
Thanks to everyone, I used to do like you said but I wasn' t sure if I was doing good, now I know thanks again!!!And the only smile that I know is , but I will try to learn some more
msimunic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 11:51 AM   #87
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 02:24 PM   #88
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Perchance rep by different posters should be worth more than the same people "trading it"? The "variety" would more likely be a genuine reflection of the (perceived) quality of the actual posts. (Of course, I don't know if multiple ID's could be "auto-matched" by IP address to prevent "cheaters" from getting around this). Also, perhaps "big dots" could supercede the "lost count" little ones @ some point?
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #89
country flag nicky

Well, the fact that you have to rep 20 other posters before you can rep someone again is already a limitation of "trading points".
And after all, it is not THAT important, is it? It's just part of the fun .
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:38 PM   #90
Lynx

And moreover, Roger - it's not true.

If reps from different people would be worth more, then some people would fall spectacularly in the rankings (I'm pretty sure I know who ), but others (once called "reputation whores" - but "traders" would be a fairer word imo) would soar even higher.

If you have gathered all the support you can get from all over the board, you would definitely have a much wider range of supporters than people who have been relying on their friends only... let alone on the quality of their posts.

Last edited by Lynx : Jul 5th, 2003 at 04:44 PM.