The reputation feature - LAST UPDATE: AUGUST 2003 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 01:42 PM   #31
Lynx

Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future
Hi, Mazza

Changed your nick, I see.

Well yes, if you're gonna participate in our little rate race, you'll have to rate people back, of course. If you're a real ruthless social climber, you'd better choose carefully who to rate too.

It's all a big game - but a game with some nasty thorns. People can get really offended if you rate them negatively; I don't do it anymore , and have made it up to those I once "punished" (just a few, luckily). I found out I only rated badly when in anger - and anger isn't a good advisor. I learned from this angele87 , a wonderful poster, who has this beautiful quote in her sig:

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" - Ambrose Bierce.

I've made some damn good speeches, I can tell you.

It's not unimportant to know how much you're worth. If you don't know your own value, you can not make any good bargains. I still haven't figured out how the points work, though. Yes, it has to do with your posts: the more posts, the more points you give - but it also has to do with your own reputation: the more points you have yourself, the more you give too... can't work out the ratio though.

If you ever want to know how much points you give, just gimme some good rep and I'll tell you how much you're worth
(But let me know first: I'll have to check how much points I have, then you can rate, then right after that I'll have to check again... before somebody else rates me.) (Of course you can do that with anyone you trust - pick a friend and you can keep each other informed...)

Since I decided to take part in the game myself I've mostly been enjoying it, maybe because I'm doing rather well - waaay better than I deserve, I darkly suspect .

Enjoy - you should do well: your amount of posts is high enough to attract other "players"...
Lynx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 02:15 PM   #32
Lynx

Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future Lynx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieke
Question: does anybody know how much reputation you have to spread around before you can give it to the same poster again? I have been trying to give some points to the same people for about 3 days now, but I still can't give them points yet. I think I have given reputation points to about 15 people in the meanwhile, but that does not seem to be enough... The damn thing keeps telling me to spread some reputation around...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lleyki
I've been wondering that too, Fieke
Fieke, Elke

No, I don't know yet: I keep forgetting to pay attention...

I think it might be about 20 people, though.
Since we can only rate 10 ppl in 24 hours (that seems to be pretty certain, now) that would mean AT LEAST 2 x 24 hours... longer if you didn't rate your full 20 ppl in 2 days...
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 02:16 PM   #33
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
Gimme points.
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 03:35 PM   #34
Stefke

Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about
It might be a really stupid question, but I don't have any others!!
If you give somebody points, you lose some, right?
(yes I'm stupid)
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 04:10 AM   #35
Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke
(yes I'm stupid)
No, no, and no.

1) No, not a stupid question - could very well have been the case. But:

2) No, you don't lose points by giving points. And:

3) No you're not stupid.

Hey! this is my 2222 nd post !!! Ain't that something...
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 05:36 AM   #36
Kornelija

Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice Kornelija is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke
(yes I'm stupid)

You aren't stupid at all. I actually don't understand that reputation thing at all but I don't bother myself for that.
Kornelija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 09:10 AM   #37
Stefke

Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about Stefke has a spectacular aura about
I think this whole reputationthing is stupid
Just gonna put it "off"
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 10:04 PM   #38
country flag kimclijsters4ever

kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all kimclijsters4ever is a name known to all
Mark,

I found out some things

You can give out 11 reps each 24 hours in stead of 10 and you can rep the same person after 20 other reps so every 21 reps in fact...

But I don't care that much about the feature. It's fun sometimes to read the comments but I think the board would be as good without it...
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 12:25 AM   #39
Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimclijsters4ever
Mark,

I found out some things

You can give out 11 reps each 24 hours in stead of 10 and you can rep the same person after 20 other reps so every 21 reps in fact...

But I don't care that much about the feature. It's fun sometimes to read the comments but I think the board would be as good without it...
Thanks Toon
Great job!

I've edited the whole post (the last update was too long ago anyway); your findings are in it.

I don't care about the feature myself, although I've had a lot of fun with it already... to my own surprise. Also, for me it has resulted in way more pm-contacts than ever before (people saying - hey, sorry, can't pay you back yet... and sometimes you keep corresponding), so I'm not as opposed to it anymore as I have been.

But although some people are only recently finding out about it (where were they all this time ), for others it has already last its spark - it isn't new anymore...

Webmasters - give us something new to play with while Kim doesn't play !!!
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 09:19 AM   #40
country flag Aussie_Kim

Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all
Cool! Always wondered what that. I'm a pretty new member & I don't get on here as much as I would like, but ohwell! If any1 feels like giving me points while they're bored for the next month while Kim's not playing!

Best of Luck in 2007 to: Kim & Bryan, Lleyton, Alicia, Todd, Sam, Chris, Casey, Wayne, Kirsten & all the other Aussies & injured players.
Aussie_Kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 09:33 AM   #41
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has disabled reputation
thanks for all the info in this thread, Mark.
I am not into this reputation thingy at all, I only found out I was getting some points when I received a PM
I now try not to forget to give points to people if they've given me something... for the rest I really don't do anything with it, although I'll try to give points to posters here from now on, as it seems quite a lot like it. But forgive me if I forget it sometimes as I don't pay attention in fact...

Kim, Queen of the US Open '05!

"Ships in harbor are safe, but that's not what ships are built for." (J. Shedd)
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 05:21 PM   #42
Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseyL
thanks for all the info in this thread, Mark.
I am not into this reputation thingy at all, I only found out I was getting some points when I received a PM
I now try not to forget to give points to people if they've given me something... for the rest I really don't do anything with it, although I'll try to give points to posters here from now on, as it seems quite a lot like it. But forgive me if I forget it sometimes as I don't pay attention in fact...
You're welcome.

Hm - guys, feel free to bombard Ingrid with points, even if she isn't playing. Since she promises to give points back, it's important to build up her reputation... that way she will give considerably more herself (but remember: she won't be able to see more than the last 5 benefactors...)
And ah, it's just a game. It's fun to read the little comments ppl give you (as long as they're positive ) and it's fun to think up comments.

At the start I have been trying to give all the CCL'ers points... but:

1) I have lost track (there are so many... and some don't seem to post anymore at all...)

2) quite a lot of them didn't seem interested at all. So I have become more selective - I'd rather give to somebody who likes it...
(But everybody here who says s/he likes it will get some reputation from me... if I see your post, that is, and if I'm able to give - there ARE restrictions).

Just enjoy it, peeps. Or ignore it if you really don't want to play...
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #43
country flag F-R-E-A-K

F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute
Thank You for this Excellent thread, i now totally understand everything about REP points!! FINALLY!

Thanks again!
F-R-E-A-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #44
country flag msimunic

msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about msimunic has a spectacular aura about
Yes, thanks Lynx!! I posted some questions about the reputation in another thread because I didn' t noticed this one. Shame on me!!
I still don't understand some things but I will, I hope
msimunic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:12 PM   #45
country flag CanIGetAWhat
♥ All-American Reject

CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Cool. Instead of the last 5 reputations recieved, you can now see the last 15.

CanIGetAWhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote