What is/was your favorite German tournament? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 04:36 PM   #1
country flag ttaM

ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of
What is/was your favorite German tournament?

Germany has/had a lot of tournaments. I think you still have 3 currently? What is, or was, your favorite?
ttaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #2
country flag Frau Antje

Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light
my favourite (German) tournament is Leipzig
WTA-Tennisvideos

Frau Antje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 11:33 PM   #3
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
i like Leipzig too
it is easy to catch the players off-court
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 11:51 PM   #4
country flag snoop
Team WTAworld

snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute
I only attended Leipzig and Hamburg so far, but I really liked Leipzig.

Luxembourg was quite good, too ( Luxembourg is almost Germany )
snoop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #5
SuperG

SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice SuperG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop
Luxembourg is almost Germany
if Luxembourg counts, then my vote goes for Linz
SuperG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 01:23 PM   #6
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
i only enjoyed the wta tournament in hamburg and the masters in 2001 in munich so far - and i really like hamburg. i visited it five times and it always was that great!
but the best experiences i ever made on a tourny were in halle/westfalen (atp). i hope that gerry weber will create a wta-tourny there one day...
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #7
country flag DiNaPic

DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG
if Luxembourg counts, then my vote goes for Linz
if Luxemburg and Linz count, my favourite used to be KNOKKE.
photo archive on www.archive.livesportphoto.com
visit me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=dieter+nagel
DiNaPic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #8
country flag Frau Antje

Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnadd
if Luxemburg and Linz count, my favourite used to be KNOKKE.
and if Luxemburg, Linz and Knokke count, then my favourite tournament is Rosmalen
WTA-Tennisvideos

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 10:11 PM   #9
country flag tarah

tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light
my fav. is Leipzig (of course)
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 12:25 PM   #10
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
I like:
* Berlin
* Hamburg
* Filderstadt
* Leipzig

Almost all of them, hehe
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 03:35 PM   #11
country flag DiNaPic

DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frau Antje
and if Luxemburg, Linz and Knokke count, then my favourite tournament is Rosmalen
and if Luxemburg, Linz, Knokke and Rosmalen count as German tournaments, my favourite is WIMBLEDON:
photo archive on www.archive.livesportphoto.com
visit me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=dieter+nagel
DiNaPic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #12
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
i wanna visit BERLIN this year 'cause a friend of mine is now on the actor's school there and so i've a possibility to sleep...
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:16 PM   #13
country flag Frau Antje

cool, then we can meet you there
WTA-Tennisvideos

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #14
country flag White Stripes

White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold
Berlin!
"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls"

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

White Stripes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #15
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
They way this is going, I'm surprised no one has brought up Auckland yet.

Isn't the Hamburg stadium by far the best in Germany, at least as far as attendance goes? I dropped by the men's Masters tournament last year and seem to remember that the Center Court held something like 13,000. (Court 1 was decent as well, but the other outside courts weren't much to write home about). It's pretty strange that the women no longer have a tournament there.

Maybe a Challenger would be in place? And then a Tier V the year after? Maybe sneak it in to the late clay season instead of prior to Berlin when the weather isn't too great.
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote