OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #166
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

It is her last match of the season. You think she would try and put on a good performance seeing as it was her final tournament. Even with the illness if it was present, there was no fight whatsoever and only negative body language.

Hope Laura will train really hard in the off season now. Who knows, seeing her peers overtake her might actually give some motivation.
RobCic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #167
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATson View Post
It is her last match of the season. You think she would try and put on a good performance seeing as it was her final tournament. Even with the illness if it was present, there was no fight whatsoever and only negative body language.

Hope Laura will train really hard in the off season now. Who knows, seeing her peers overtake her might actually give some motivation.
She actually looked very heavy legged - the way you get when you are playing too much day after day and the lactic acid takes the zip out of movement. Trouble is no-one could accuse Laura of playing too much tennis since Wimbledon.

Maybe she is overdoing the leg work in training and trading agility for strength. She certainly has plenty of muscle, especially on the thighs, for someone who is not yet 20.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #168
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of

What is that? Why would a top teen prospect allow herself to lose to a 43 year old woman? This is truly absurd stuff from Laura now, she really needs to get it together for next year.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #169
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Laura Robson just splits with coach Miles Maclagan she looking for another coach for 2014 season

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #170
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

WOW. Laura!!

I wanted this to happen but didn't think she'd actually go through with it now!

A FEMALE coach is needed. An ex-tennis player most likely.

She'll be training at Nick Bollettieri for seven weeks...

Does anyone remember the name of the guy who trained Laura in juniors?(forgot his name) They had a pretty good set up.
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #171
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ she goin be Training with Nick Bollettieri if so that a good move IMO until she find a coach, I perfer her too get an male coach who is experience an train about top players

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #172
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quite surprised by this but encouraged that she'll be spending the winter in Florida. Stability is needed at the minute and Bolletieri's will offer that, even if it's for a short while. There's no shortage of coaches who will want to work with her out there and it's just a matter a picking the right one for her.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #173
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

My money's on Jimmy Connors
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #174
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
WOW. Laura!!

Good move - especially going to Bollettieri. What she needs is full immersion in a tennis environment away from the bright lights of home. She has slipped so far from where she should (could) have been, before trying to move onwards and upwards, Laura needs to rediscover what made her such a promising youngster in the first place.

There is a lot more chance of that happening in Florida than London.

Refocus.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #175
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe her split with Miles has to do with her "work ethic" Miles was never really familiar with the female tour anyway. It was a new challenge for him and he probably didn't want to carry on.
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #176
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Interesting, I liked Miles, though am not that surprised it hasn't lasted that long.....god Laura needs a logn term coach. Let's see who is next up on the menu.Like the idea of going to Bollettieri, not a surprise I guess now shes with IMG.
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #177
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Good grief. I wasn't expecting that. I thought Lethal said Laura had agreed to continue with Miles into 2014.

Oh, I see it was @forehandcrazy. Who is that?
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #178
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
WOW. Laura!!

I wanted this to happen but didn't think she'd actually go through with it now!

A FEMALE coach is needed. An ex-tennis player most likely.

Does anyone remember the name of the guy who trained Laura in juniors?(forgot his name) They had a pretty good set up.
Bok? Morozova??

The notorious Wimby girls' SF against Ishizu was on Bok's watch, though, wasn't it?
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #179
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Interesting, I liked Miles, though am not that surprised it hasn't lasted that long.....god Laura needs a logn term coach. Let's see who is next up on the menu.Like the idea of going to Bollettieri, not a surprise I guess now shes with IMG.
Miles is a good coach, but I don't think he's the right coach for Laura. Well, another one bites the dust, I guess.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #180
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future

Coach Killer Laura.

Hope it works out for the best, I think she definitely needs a coach from outside the cloistered world of Britain, the LTA and the British sport media. So going to Florida to train full time this off-season is a good start in this direction.

Maybe her BFF's monumental Asian swing will finally light a fire under her butt. A month ago, their rankings still hid what's been happening for the last 6 months, Genie refuses to lose against lower ranked girls and is starting to mount a strong challenges to top 20 competitors. Laura has been able to beat top 20 girls for 2 years but she doesn't compete well against lower ranked girls.

I hope Laura gets it together soon.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote