OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:28 AM   #151
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Umm anyone hear that stuff in commentary about her having chronic bronchitis? Apparently Annie K mentioned it on BTsport. Would expalin her chest infections earlier in the year and would not be good news...
And the reported smog in Beijing doesn't help

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #152
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

I'm actually still so confused how Laura beat Radwanska 3&1 this year.

Maybe because it was on Clay.. Aga's worse surface. But she just bullied Aga on the court. She really went after her second serves and gained a lot of return winners.

So many big hitters have struggled against Aga. Will be interesting if they get to play on Hard and see how the outcome is then.
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 04:40 PM   #153
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
I'm actually still so confused how Laura beat Radwanska 3&1 this year.

Maybe because it was on Clay.. Aga's worse surface. But she just bullied Aga on the court. She really went after her second serves and gained a lot of return winners.

So many big hitters have struggled against Aga. Will be interesting if they get to play on Hard and see how the outcome is then.
What's confusing about it? No offense to Radwanska, but when a talented big hitter like Robson is on her game there's not really much she can do.

Robson played well, so she beat her. If she plays well in their upcoming matches than she will very likely win those at well.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #154
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

She'll play Date-Krumm first round of Osaka, seeded to meet Stosur in the quarters. Not a great draw but then in this form every match is a struggle.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #155
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Good luck Laura

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #156
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Ouch, lets see if she can do better than Hev against KDK
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #157
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ouch, lets see if she can do better than Hev against KDK
They have a 1-1 H2H.

It will be tricky but a match she is capable of winning. A surprise tournament run would be the perfect finish to the season...
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #158
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Umm anyone hear that stuff in commentary about her having chronic bronchitis? Apparently Annie K mentioned it on BTsport. Would expalin her chest infections earlier in the year and would not be good news...
The chronic bronchitis would be the chest infections she's apparently having issues with again. -itis is a fairly meaningless suffix that can be attached to any body part to give a reassuring diagnosis. It's well defined, but much like 'benign' in a medical context, it's not very meaningful. It just means inflammation of said body part. Her bout from earlier in the year mentioned her dealing with them since the Olympics and had it until march so she does meet the diagnostic criteria for having chronic bronchitis. It would be unusual for her to have it though, since it's usually a disease affecting smokers and coal miners, it's possible that Anne (who is not a doctor, after all) used the term wrongly, which would be my guess. The frequency and duration of her chest infection does indicate there's an underlying condition there though. Beijing's... well known air quality issues could certainly cause an acute exacerbation if she does indeed have chronic bronchititis.

If Annie was correct, and Laura's got chronic bronchitis, there's no cure and it's something she'd have to work around like Petra and her asthma and (less closely related) Venus and her Sjoren's.

Quote:
They have a 1-1 H2H.

It will be tricky but a match she is capable of winning. A surprise tournament run would be the perfect finish to the season...
It really does depend on how Laura's feeling and playing though. If she's on top form, Kimiko will struggle. But if she's sloppy, she'll let Kimiko into the points and be run ragged. It'll be an interesting match, I think.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Oct 5th, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #159
country flag boggoTHEgoat

boggoTHEgoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the chronic bronchitis a possible explanation for her why her movement on court has remained rather sluggish? The kind of high impact cardio work she would presumably need to do consistently would be difficult if not impossible if her airways get constricted on a semi-regular basis.
boggoTHEgoat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #160
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

i think Miles is useless by far,some fans in beijing saw her training and practicing,Miles didn't do anyt hing,just standing there and watching...so as in guangzhou.what does he really bring to laura?nothing!imo.
tbn,she needs someone like karajan or judy murray who is strict enough.laura was questioned by both of them for not taking tennis seriously enough,and not working hard enough.maybe laura likes miles just because he let her do whatever she wants.
she just practice almost 20minutes when she was in beijing while kvitova or lina practice like 1or2 hours.laura has became even fatter than kvitova now.i'm worring
================================================== ================================================== ================

Last edited by Lloy4dAustin : Oct 6th, 2013 at 02:36 AM.
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #161
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloy4dAustin View Post
i think Miles is useless by far,some fans in beijing saw her training and practicing,Miles didn't do anyt hing,just standing there and watching...so as in guangzhou.what does he really bring to laura?nothing!imo.
tbn,she needs someone like karajan or judy murray who is strict enough.laura was questioned by both of them for not taking tennis seriously enough,and not working hard enough.maybe laura likes miles just because he let her do whatever she wants.
she just practice almost 20minutes when she was in beijing while kvitova or lina practice like 1or2 hours.laura has became even fatter than kvitova now.i'm worring
I agree with the bold, he does seem to be pretty useless. She needs someone strict but definitely not a Krajan type of coach. His tactics on how to coach were ridiculous. He wore Laura down completely and it showed in her matches. During the March-May period.

She needs someone strict and someone that is willing to seperate work from play. It seems Miles has trouble until citing rules onto Laura. That shouldn't be in the case, Laura seems the one who dictates imo. He can't let that happen.

I think a female who has a load of experience in tennis would be best for her. The emotional connection would probably be better too.

Genie Bouchard has Nathalie Tauziat and she's been excellent. She seems to understand Genie on an emotional level but when it comes to inflicting rules she's doesn't mess around either.

There needs to be a balance, Krajan didn't have that and it seems Miles doesn't either.

Although... she probably only practiced for 20 mins as she was feeling pretty ill.

You say she's fatter than before? She looks fitter physically to me. Dejan Vojnovic seems to have helped getting her fitter physically.
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #162
country flag boggoTHEgoat

boggoTHEgoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Laura's on court at 3pm local time which is 4am for me so hopefully when I wake up I'll find out she's through to the next round after a comfortable straight sets victory . If this is her last tournament this year it would be nice if she could get a few wins and gain some encouragement as well as the motivation to work her socks off during the close season.
boggoTHEgoat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #163
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
I agree with the bold, he does seem to be pretty useless. She needs someone strict but definitely not a Krajan type of coach. His tactics on how to coach were ridiculous. He wore Laura down completely and it showed in her matches. During the March-May period.

She needs someone strict and someone that is willing to seperate work from play. It seems Miles has trouble until citing rules onto Laura. That shouldn't be in the case, Laura seems the one who dictates imo. He can't let that happen.

I think a female who has a load of experience in tennis would be best for her. The emotional connection would probably be better too.

Genie Bouchard has Nathalie Tauziat and she's been excellent. She seems to understand Genie on an emotional level but when it comes to inflicting rules she's doesn't mess around either.

There needs to be a balance, Krajan didn't have that and it seems Miles doesn't either.
Laura strikes me as someone who needs both the carrot and the stick, so to speak. She needs someone who will make her work hard, but also makes doing so rewarding. Krajan made her work but to the point where she'd have burned out very quickly if she kept with him, too much stick not enough carrot. Miles seems to get on with her well and she seems to like him but Laura's stagnated under him, too much carrot, not enough stick. I don't know who would be able to strike a good balance. Maybe a retired female would be better (since they've been in her shoes and know what she needs to do). It's tough, for us and everyone involved but eventually something's got to change for her to achieve her potential. Whether that something comes from inside Laura or outside I don't know.

Quote:
Although... she probably only practiced for 20 mins as she was feeling pretty ill.
Gotta be honest, when it's tough to breathe it's not easy to do anything. Practicing more than that probably wouldn't have been beneficial if Laura's got another chest infection.

Quote:
You say she's fatter than before? She looks fitter physically to me. Dejan Vojnovic seems to have helped getting her fitter physically.
Eh I'd advise not touching that one with a barge pole. How fat/fit/whatever someone looks depends on a hell of a lot of things, rather than just weight/bodyfat percentage. See Laura in unflattering clothes and she'll look worse than she is, especially if reading more into the situation without knowing all of the information.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #164
Royals.

A sports psychologist is probably needed. A lot of this is still mental.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #165
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Was this her last event for this season or is she playing another event ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote