2013 Riviera/ITA All-American Championships - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 6th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #76
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2013 Riviera/ITA All-American Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Will most likely climb to the #1 ranking...
You're going to get ignored soon haha
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #77
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice win for Anderson/Brady...KK/Sabs will likely play them at some point this season so they can show that they would've won had Sabs been healthy enough to play.

Last edited by slickshoes510 : Oct 6th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #78
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Jamie! I knew she would excel in college.

Anyone know how many players have come through PQ to win All-Americans? As a freshman?
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #79
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Nice win for Anderson/Brady...KK/Sabs will likely play them at some point this season so they can show that they would've won had Sabs been healthy enough to play.
I remember what Fantic says about how these earlier tournaments impacts the rankings...so I guess that puts Anderson/Brady in the driving seat for the #1 doubles ranking...

I know Sabs can't wait to get back on the court to get hers
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #80
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

https://twitter.com/WAATCRIV/status/...012865/photo/1

Anderson fell short with Morton at last year's NCAA so second time is a charm
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #81
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I remember what Fantic says about how these earlier tournaments impacts the rankings...so I guess that puts Anderson/Brady in the driving seat for the #1 doubles ranking...

I know Sabs can't wait to get back on the court to get hers
Why not? I can actually distinguish asinine comments from reasonable ones

UCLA played, so could be ranked #1.

UGA dbls team(Fuller/Garcia) last season too, when USC rested, played dutifully throughout the Spring so got ranked #1.

Same reason why STAN is ranked low in the last couple of years, owing to them not playing Indoors.

Simple as.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Oct 7th, 2013 at 02:21 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #82
country flag tie_breaker

That's pretty amazing having to win 11 straight matches to win it...

PACIFIC PALISADES, Calif. - North Carolina freshman Jamie Loeb won her 11th straight singles match at the 2013 Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Championships to become the first freshman since 2004 to win the singles title.
The newcomer knocked off top-seeded Robin Anderson of UCLA, 6-4, 6-0, to complete her nine-day trek to the championship. It marked the first Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Championships in school history.

Loeb immediately broke Anderson's serve to start the match and later added another break en route to a 5-2 lead and served for the first set, but Anderson showed the grit she has all tournament, breaking Loeb's serve and consolidating the break for 4-5.

Loeb rattled off the next seven games to capture the match and the 2013 Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Championship. Loeb became the first freshman to win at Riviera since Audra Cohen of Northwestern did so in 2004.

In main draw play, Loeb didn't surrender a set and lost just eight total games in the second set of five total matches.

Loeb defeated the top-three seeds in the tournament during her run through the Main Draw over the weekend.

Miraculous might not be a strong enough word to describe what the rookie from Ossining, N.Y., accomplished out west.

Being a freshman, she had to play her way through the Prequalifying draw and win three matches to advance to the Qualifying draw, where she had to again win three more times to make the Main Draw.

Loeb won all five matches in straight sets in the Main Draw. In fact, she lost only one set in her 11 matches, and that came in the Qualifying draw.

Loeb feasted on the Pac-12, winning four of her five Main Draw matches against the conference. That included two players from UCLA, and one each from California and Stanford.

The other victim was second-seed Lauren Herring from Georgia in Saturday's semifinal bout.

Loeb earns an automatic bids to the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships, which will be held from Nov. 7-10 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y.
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #83
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

was a great championship
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote