50 Shades of Grey movie/cast - UPDATED 12/5/2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #1
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute
50 Shades of Grey movie/cast - UPDATED 12/5/2013

Now that the leads for Christian & Ana are official the movie release date is scheduled for August 1, 2014. With Jamie Dornan replacing Charlie Hunnam fans are officially happy. Even the fans who had the minds set on Ian Somerhalder & Matt Bomer have embraced Jamie Dornan. As evident by the fact that no petition to get rid of him was started like it was when Charlie Hunnam was cast.

Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey.

Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele.

Luke Grimes as Elliot Grey.

Victor Rasuk as Jose Rodriguez.

Jennifer Ehle as Carla May Wilks (Ana's mother).

Marcia Gay Harden as Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey (Christian's mother).

Cast will be updated here as the actors/actresses are revealed. If you now of any new cast members that I did not post let me know & I will update it here.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥

Last edited by it-girl : Dec 6th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #2
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 50 Shades of Grey cast?

The problem with Matt Bomer is he should have stayed in the closet. He lost out on Man of Steel ironically to a closet gay Henry Cavill and now this.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #3
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
The problem with Matt Bomer is he should have stayed in the closet. He lost out on Man of Steel ironically to a closet gay Henry Cavill and now this.
That is very ironic indeed. But I agree, him coming out of the closet has caused him some parts that he would be really good at. He actually has a better look for Christian Grey than the guy they selected but the women who will flock to see this movie have to feel the fantasy that they could have Christian Grey. They know for a fact that Matt does not want them so it kind of ruins the fantasy.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #4
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Laughable book. These people look the part, however which is not a compliment,
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #5
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Never read the books - brain rotting tripe from just what I've heard. Can't believe people read such rubbish. Very sad.

This film is being so marketed I hope the lemmings stay away, but they probably wont. Doubt it will do much good for any of the actors' careers. Look at what happened to Sharon Stone, the actresses in Showgirls and that actress who was in a few 90s sex thrillers - big hype, now can't even remember her name. And didn't SATC2 flop?
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #6
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
That is very ironic indeed. But I agree, him coming out of the closet has caused him some parts that he would be really good at. He actually has a better look for Christian Grey than the guy they selected but the women who will flock to see this movie have to feel the fantasy that they could have Christian Grey. They know for a fact that Matt does not want them so it kind of ruins the fantasy.
People criticise actors for staying in the closet. But you have given the very reason why they have to if they want Hollywood careers. I actually feel sorry for them, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #7
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
People criticise actors for staying in the closet. But you have given the very reason why they have to if they want Hollywood careers. I actually feel sorry for them, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.
This inherently homophobic world (you can't escape it anywhere, even in the entertainment industry which is full of gay people in various jobs) makes me sick.

Anyway, back to the question. I haven't heard of the actor set to play Christian. I always pictured Michael Fassbender in the role but he himself said he wasn't interested .

After a great deal of speculation over very famous actors and actresses for the roles, they've given them to relative unknowns. Interesting .

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.

Last edited by Pops Maellard : Sep 6th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #8
country flag Londoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
This inherently homophobic world (you can't escape it anywhere, even in the entertainment industry which is full of gay people in various jobs) makes me sick.

Anyway, back to the question. I haven't heard of the actor set to play Christian. I always pictured Michael Fassbender in the role but he himself said he wasn't interested .

After a great deal of speculation over very famous actors and actresses for the roles, they've given them to relative unknowns. Interesting .
Yes, it's terrible careers have been destroyed and talent wasted. I'm not sure though that it's always homophobia. I think many people don't care, and Hollywood would not and would never have existed without gay men and women. I think a large part of it may be what the OP was referring to: once an audience knows an actor or actress is gay they find it difficult to suspend disbelief, and also the fantasy that they may get to be with the handsome actor or beautiful actress is shattered. A famous (at the time) film critic Alexander Waugh wrote on this when a well known actress came out as gay and found that audiences couldn't accept her in romantic roles. It wasn't that they didn't like her they just couldn't relate to her in romantic roles anymore. Which is why most openly gay actors end up as 'character' actors - often very successful ones. I doubt very much an audience could ever accept an openly gay James Bond or Bridget Jones. As I say, I'm not convinced it's homophobia, I think it's subliminal and sexual. Which is also why pop stars find they lose the sexual female audience if they come out - the females relate to popstars in a sexual and romantic way. They don't care that George Michael is gay but the romantic/sexual bond is broken.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #9
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting thoughts here from Jason Isaacs on the matter.. Casting out gay actors that is

Quote:
Harry Potter" star Jason Isaacs thinks that Hollywood's gay casting is nothing short of "ridiculous."

The actor, who played Lucius Malfoy in the "Harry Potter" series, recently spoke with the Telegraph about why gay actors choose to stay in the closet, saying he has a lot of gay friends who remain closeted because of the potential professional backlash.

"If you are a romantic lead, there is a perception -- I don’t know if it is true or not -- that you will no longer be cast as straight people," he told the Telegraph. “Even when casting gay roles, there is a tendency to cast straight people, so they are lauded for their transformation. It’s ridiculous. The notion that a gay actor can’t seem like they are in love with a woman on screen is so patently absurd I can’t believe it still exists.”

The 50-year-old Liverpool native is not the only "Harry Potter" star to discuss gay film roles. Leading man Daniel Radcliffe opened up about playing a gay man when discussing his homoerotic work as poet Allen Ginsberg in the film "Kill Your Darlings." The young actor made headlines for the flick's gay sex scene -- which he dubbed "un-shocking."

“You never see a gay actor getting asked what it’s like to play straight -- to my knowledge, at least, there is no difference in how heterosexual and homosexual people fall in love," he told Out magazine of being quizzed on what it was like to play a gay man."

Isaacs, a straight man, has also played gay roles. He previously played a gay Jewish office temp in "Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes" at London's Royal National Theatre, opposite Daniel Craig. He joked with the Independent that the "snogging" part was easy since Craig is "such a sexy man."
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #10
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Bomer is Christian Grey I'm sorry
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #11
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Yes, it's terrible careers have been destroyed and talent wasted. I'm not sure though that it's always homophobia. I think many people don't care, and Hollywood would not and would never have existed without gay men and women. I think a large part of it may be what the OP was referring to: once an audience knows an actor or actress is gay they find it difficult to suspend disbelief, and also the fantasy that they may get to be with the handsome actor or beautiful actress is shattered. A famous (at the time) film critic Alexander Waugh wrote on this when a well known actress came out as gay and found that audiences couldn't accept her in romantic roles. It wasn't that they didn't like her they just couldn't relate to her in romantic roles anymore. Which is why most openly gay actors end up as 'character' actors - often very successful ones. I doubt very much an audience could ever accept an openly gay James Bond or Bridget Jones. As I say, I'm not convinced it's homophobia, I think it's subliminal and sexual. Which is also why pop stars find they lose the sexual female audience if they come out - the females relate to popstars in a sexual and romantic way. They don't care that George Michael is gay but the romantic/sexual bond is broken.
exactly. gay men can be just as good at acting as romantic leads. but how many women left titanic fantasizing about jack and not leo afterwards? teenage girls put up pictures of daniel radcliffe on their lockers, not pictures of sexy harry potter. the post movie obsession ends up being more about the actor than the character. and most women won't fantasize about a gay man. do i care that hurts their careers? no. find a job that doesn't require adulation of millions of strangers like the rest of us.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #12
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Matt Bomer is Christian Grey I'm sorry
Why? It´s just a book. Why can´t Cheech Marin and Jennifer Lopez be the lead roles?
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #13
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess they wanted all the female fans to want to fuck the lead and make it seem like it could happen. I didn't read the book but it seems Bomer is more of what the character should look like. I've always loved him But hey Hollywood is a bitch about these things and to be honest I can't see it changing anytime soon. Gay men in romantic leads just won't appeal to masses of women in the same way.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #14
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
There is no way he could stay in the closet while having 3 kids with his partner. Its one thing to hide your boyfriend its another to hide your entire family and kids.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #15
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Was he ever really in the closet, I feel he was like Anderson Cooper and just didn't discuss his private life but was out to everyone in the industry.