Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova? - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #121
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selesbooz View Post
Flop! Look up flop in the dictionary and Venus Williams picture is there. Keep playing Vee, I need some good laughs.
Venus is still playing because she enjoys her sport. Anyone who has followed tennis knows she is not the same player for reasons that will never go away. So she is definitely not a flop. The fact that you even went there proves that you clearly do not pay attention.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #122
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
Venus is still playing because she enjoys her sport. Anyone who has followed tennis knows she is not the same player for reasons that will never go away. So she is definitely not a flop. The fact that you even went there proves that you clearly do not pay attention.
Not to mention that Venus is out there enjoying her life. Far cry from losers with nothing better to do than sit behind a screen and trash her. BOT, Sure the tournament misses Maria. Yet, the beat goes on. She'll be back in action in no time.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #123
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

I miss her a lot.
US Open just isn't so good for me without her. But still I find some players to watch...

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #124
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
listening to WS tards drivel you'd think she's a mere nobody, yet TV ratings and general consensus would tell you otherwise. Go figure
You're such an angry bird Meanwhile, what tv ratings ? She's done well at this tournament twice and so her early exits overshadow the good.
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #125
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by selesbooz View Post
Flop! Look up flop in the dictionary and Venus Williams picture is there. Keep playing Vee, I need some good laughs.
You are such an idiot!! You're laughing at someone who is still earning a paycheck which is more than you will ever earn
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #126
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Honestly, the way Sharapova has been playing, are her supporters sure that they would have wanted her competing here?
At this point, a lowly qualifier would have snatched her wig. Then where you she be?
She is injured! And she has had a problems already in Wimbledon.

I am still watching this USO and tbh with all objectivity I think with current competition in last 10 days, I think healthy Maria maybe would have lost only against Serena, Pennetta and Na Li. She would beat Azarenka similar to last year YEC if they would meet..

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh

Last edited by MaSharp : Sep 4th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #127
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's only quiet.

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #128
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Well, there's a reason why she's not competing this fortnight. She's injured.

If she had competed, it's because she would've thought it was okay to play and because she would've been healthy. But she wasn't, hence the reason of her withdrawal.

People make a big deal about her last two loses where it was clear that she slipped twice during that match against Larcher de Brito at Wimbledon. Also, it took Sloane three sets to beat her where Maria was nowhere near her best level and was later discovered she had the shoulder bursitis.

She's not the first Top 3 player to withdraw from a slam and she won't be the last either.

Had an early exit been a possibility? Could've been.. We never know cause she never played.

The shoulder problem can take her out more likely for the rest of the season, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
She is injured! And she has had a problems already in Wimbledon.

I am still watching this USO and tbh with all objectivity I think with current competition in last 10 days, I think healthy Maria maybe would have lost only against Serena, Pennetta and Na Li. She would beat Azarenka similar to last year YEC if they would meet..

Sharapova fans are so ignorant.

The very point that I'm making is that she's "injured".
But really, are you guys this stooopid?!
The intelligence level of Sharapova fans never ceases to amaze me.

However, even if she wasn't injured, she'd still get bounced early like she usually is at the US Open.
Or do you two geniuses believe that she could defy her typical routine?
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #129
country flag Shuji Shuriken
Team WTAworld

Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslmaverick View Post
I miss Maria fanatics who keep the Serena stans in check on here.
Serena stans in check? Who gon' check me boo ?

Brandysan's Keeper

žžŸŸl[lŸŸžž

Venussan #1 Fan
Serenasan Warrior Princess

http://www.myspace.com/keimodarkheart
Shuji Shuriken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #130
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuji Shuriken View Post
There's only two modes for some Sharapova stans---

Delusional
or asinine.

They attack for no reason and then run away like little bitches when confronted with their frequent stupidity.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #131
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Any top player who is absent affects the Tournament. I'm not a Maria fan but having her absent has left a gap, even if the Tournament is not boring overall because of it, it is damaged. Let's face it, the Tour needs all the top players it can get.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #132
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuji Shuriken View Post

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #133
country flag MaSharp

Quote:

Sharapova fans are so ignorant.

The very point that I'm making is that she's "injured".
But really, are you guys this stooopid?!
The intelligence level of Sharapova fans never ceases to amaze me.

However, even if she wasn't injured, she'd still get bounced early like she usually is at the US Open.
Or do you two geniuses believe that she could defy her typical routine?
I didn't say Sharapova would win USO or defeated Serena. I'm just saying the competition is not so strong (apart Serena, Na and Pennetta like I said) Maybe she would lose early, but you can't know.
Last year for example she was playing 3-setter in the semis.
Quote:
There's only two modes for some Sharapova stans---

Delusional
or asinine.

They attack for no reason and then run away like little bitches when confronted with their frequent stupidity.
Excuse me Who Am I attacking?

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #134
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Hope she's gone for good. That's my answer.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #135
country flag RVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
I didn't say Sharapova would win USO or defeated Serena. I'm just saying the competition is not so strong (apart Serena, Na and Pennetta like I said) Maybe she would lose early, but you can't know.
Last year for example she was playing 3-setter in the semis.

Excuse me Who Am I attacking?
So NOW you want to hold a conversation?!?!?!!?!?!

Seriously...?

Why didn't you reply this way to begin with?
And contrary to what you may have heard about me, I'm always willing and open to discussing any player.
But not with posters who attack first, then engage later.

And btw,
Why did you completely change your previous offensive post to me?

Sorry. Not falling for it.