Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova? - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #91
country flag Mashabator
A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova?

yes

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #92
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

great quality matches, a few upsets and some nice stories....definitely not missing her and her candies

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #93
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Serena snatching Martha's wig will never get old, but anyway the Satan wouldn't have gotten that far in the tournament to face Serena, had she entered the US Open.... .high chances that some Portuguese or sth would stand in the way
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #94
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, the way Sharapova has been playing, are her supporters sure that they would have wanted her competing here?
At this point, a lowly qualifier would have snatched her wig. Then where you she be?
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #95
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

The SF lines up in the end might be pretty interesting. Serena vs Li, Vika vs Pennetta/Vinci..would seem like a mismatch.
Although with Maria in the draw...we might have had Serena vs Vika as a SF and that would've been a shame, because they're the two best hardcourters.

Off course the event lost a bit cache without Maria, but nobody was complaining when Serena was on the shelf, soo..
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #96
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Honestly, the way Sharapova has been playing, are her supporters sure that they would have wanted her competing here?
At this point, a lowly qualifier would have snatched her wig. Then where you she be?
Well, there's a reason why she's not competing this fortnight. She's injured.

If she had competed, it's because she would've thought it was okay to play and because she would've been healthy. But she wasn't, hence the reason of her withdrawal.

People make a big deal about her last two loses where it was clear that she slipped twice during that match against Larcher de Brito at Wimbledon. Also, it took Sloane three sets to beat her where Maria was nowhere near her best level and was later discovered she had the shoulder bursitis.

She's not the first Top 3 player to withdraw from a slam and she won't be the last either.

Had an early exit been a possibility? Could've been.. We never know cause she never played.

The shoulder problem can take her out more likely for the rest of the season, too.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #97
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Well, there's a reason why she's not competing this fortnight. She's injured.

If she had competed, it's because she would've thought it was okay to play and because she would've been healthy. But she wasn't, hence the reason of her withdrawal.

People make a big deal about her last two loses where it was clear that she slipped twice during that match against Larcher de Brito at Wimbledon. Also, it took Sloane three sets to beat her where Maria was nowhere near her best level and was later discovered she had the shoulder bursitis.

She's not the first Top 3 player to withdraw from a slam and she won't be the last either.

Had an early exit been a possibility? Could've been.. We never know cause she never played.

The shoulder problem can take her out more likely for the rest of the season, too.
naah, WS turds are actually convinced that she's perfectly healthy and just skipping slams for fun these days. They think Maria Sharapova of them all is "scared" of the competition. What can you even say to such posters? The only option is just to let the morons have their fun here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #98
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
it took Sloane three sets to beat her where Maria was nowhere near her best level and was later discovered she had the shoulder bursitis.
wasn't there a talk that that she had this like in the middle of the clay courts season already?
you Guardians try to cover it up with too many excuses and you're kidna starting to lose the track of what you had claimed before...
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #99
country flag Sloejelly

Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold

Don't miss her. Forgot about her. Tend to skip her matches (and those of Serena) in favour of something more interesting anyway
Sloejelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #100
country flag hERi

hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice

Sorry...NO
hERi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #101
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
wasn't there a talk that that she had this like in the middle of the clay courts season already?
you Guardians try to cover it up with too many excuses and you're kidna starting to lose the track of what you had claimed before...
Well, I joined the board during the fortnight of RG and didn't hear anything of what you're mentioning during middle of the clay-court season. However, if you have a source of information that proves that then it would be heavily appreciated.

I was just responding to a question asked by another poster in regards to Maria yet you come up with your attacking responses against her and her fan-base... But thats of course, nothing new here.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #102
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

us open is boring without radwanska

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #103
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

No less noise.
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #104
country flag Ollie_R

Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I'd be the same about all of my favourites of course, but I always like watching Maria play at slams.

There have been great matches at this slam though....it's been my favourite of the year.

Petrova / Stosur / Kuznetsova / Kanepi / Rybarikova / Makarova / Hradecka / K.Bondarenko / Sharapova / Vesnina / Hantuchova / Flipkens / Jankovic / Govortsova / Krajicek / Martic / Lucic / Cetkovska / Rezai / Peer / Begu / Dulgheru / Arvidsson / Larsson / Hercog / Mattek-Sands / Scheepers / Pliskovas / Peng / Minella / Puchkova / Voegele
Ollie_R is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #105
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
us open is boring without radwanska
You must have never found an US Open interesting then.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote