Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #61
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova?

How could you be bored after witnessing the cuteness of Duval and seeing her experience the biggest win of her young career. After what her family went through it was nice to see her out there fighting. If anything that made my whole US Open. I hope she has some success in the future even though it's not guaranteed.

Then you have the reemergence of Daniela. It was nice to finally see her take advantage of a slam draw that was in her favor. Daniela has been around a long time and this is a good opportunity for her. After seeing a few of her matches I think she's serving well also.

I also enjoyed Giorgi defeating Caroline. She played so well in that match despite being beaten the next round you could see the potential if she would become more consistent.

Serena! Serena! Serena!! What can you say about one of the grannies of the tour dominating all the competition. She's simply magnificent and once she's gone people will truly appreciate what an enormous talent and asset she was to the sport.

Sloane showed up in a few matches. While I don't care for her she's improving and learning really fast. She'll probably get a title somewhere down the line.

So to me the US Open has been great so far. I would love for Robson, Keys, and my darkhorse(because she has an amazing game) Townsend to improve and be added to the mix. It would probably make things a bit more interesting but I've been satisfied with the Open this year.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #62
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

All of you not giving a damn yet still can't help yourselves. Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #63
country flag Kunal

Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute

dont really miss her all that much.

what i miss is the chance to see her flounder in the early rounds.

is flounder a word?
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #64
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Sort of, tbh...

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #65
country flag tennisphilia

tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold tennisphilia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Serena thought she was playing Justine.

Hence the result
Hahahaha. Hilarious.
tennisphilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #66
country flag DigitalCipher

DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light

Da nyet, navernoe...
DigitalCipher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #67
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Without who??

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #68
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot she was playing, to be honest.

There's exciting matches, particularly with Serena, Azarenka, and Na still gunning for the title.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #69
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

I completely forgot about Sharapova not being there.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #70
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntosake View Post
Ok, I do like it when everybody is in the mix, but it's still not boring and actually it's just like she's here anyway. I hear her everytime Vika plays and we saw her tonight in the Serena match.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #71
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Not boring but I was looking forward to another Sharapova and Azarenka clash.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #72
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

The US Open is the tackiest GS of the lot by far. Its wet, dirty, no one turns up, no one seems be a genuine fan of tennis.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #73
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

This post was just begging for people to come in and shade Maria.

But I had the same thought as many people, I will miss watching Serena snatch her wig at some point.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #74
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post
The US Open is the tackiest GS of the lot by far. Its wet, dirty, no one turns up, no one seems be a genuine fan of tennis.
It is the tackiest Slam but it's also the most electric. It's definitely not dirty whatsoever. And people do turn up, you stupid fool. The US Open just set this highest ever attendance record in a single day this weekend. The grounds are ridiculously full. They really need to expand the tennis center but the surrounding residents don't want to give up more of the park.

There are loads of tennis fans there. You're completely wrong. Also, as for the wetness, no one knew climate change would turn the East Coast's late summers rainy. They used to be incredibly dry. Thank god they've designed a roof plan that will work.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #75
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote