Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova? - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #166
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova?

In the words of Jimmy Connor...no comments.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #167
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Nice try You magically "forget" about the person you spend most of your posts on this forum berating and ridiculing. I mean check your own post count, awful lot of posts about someone you "forget" about. I got the joke though! Don't worry.
It doesn't require magic, cuz hell, I almost forgot about my #1 active fave Venus who actually played this US Open.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #168
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
It doesn't require magic, cuz hell, I almost forgot about my #1 active fave Venus who actually played this US Open.
*DEATH* @ the word active and Venus in the same sentence

Oh well, I'm secretly still rooting for Queen Vee in doubles.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #169
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
*DEATH* @ the word active and Venus in the same sentence

Oh well, I'm secretly still rooting for Queen Vee in doubles.
Well, she is "active" in comparison to Chanda and did make it past the 1st round, right?

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #170
country flag MrWaagh
Venus fan!

MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do. I like Maria and she has got star quality
MrWaagh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #171
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderFan View Post
Does Anyone Think That Sharapova Is Boring Without the US Open?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
In the words of Jimmy Connor...no comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHangover View Post
Surprisingly I don't miss her at all. I m a bit tired of her being embarrassed by Serena and then acting as nothing happens saying Seles is the strongest opponent she ever faced.Oh and I'm also a bit tired of her photoshoots always with the same 'sexy' squeezed eyes

this thread is amazing!!
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #172

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Doomsday, you don't seriously want to go down this road do you?

As often as you yourself have thrown "shade" and worse against Serena and her fans, NOW you are pretending to be offended.
Dude, just stop.

You can't throw stones in a glass house, and not expect people to remember the damage you yourself have caused.
Just a bit of advice.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #173
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderFan View Post
Does Anyone Think That Sharapova Is Boring Without the US Open?
That sounds kind of harsh....I said she is kind of boring without the US Open...not much difference....what I was driving at....I do believe she is an unusually beautiful woman....she is intelligent and graceful, (with occasional ungraceful moments....she is sophisticated.....but the thing that makes it so amazing....having the ranking and success she has had in a competitive, demanding sport like Tennis....that is what makes all the rest so exciting about her. The US Open is in New York......Russia does not have much in the way of tennis....the USA is where she achieved stardom......her absence and all the rest going on lately.....makes her...and I really hope just temporarily......not her amazing, exciting self. It is a two way deal, but I believe Maria is losing more by not being a part of the US Open, than the Open is losing by not being a part of her 2013 life.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #174
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

it isn't like Maria's basic limited ball bashing game is in anyway entertaining or unique lol

Serena, Na, penetta, all better players to watch than her
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #175
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

I actually would have rather seen the SF lineup be Serena-Sharapova and Na-Azarenka. Assuming Maria's form held up to get her there. The tournament has been far from boring though IMO.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWill View Post
I actually would have rather seen the SF lineup be Serena-Sharapova and Na-Azarenka. Assuming Maria's form held up to get her there. The tournament has been far from boring though IMO.
yup a bye for serena in the semi-final.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #177
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
That sounds kind of harsh....I said she is kind of boring without the US Open...not much difference....what I was driving at....I do believe she is an unusually beautiful woman....she is intelligent and graceful, (with occasional ungraceful moments....she is sophisticated.....but the thing that makes it so amazing....having the ranking and success she has had in a competitive, demanding sport like Tennis....that is what makes all the rest so exciting about her. The US Open is in New York......Russia does not have much in the way of tennis....the USA is where she achieved stardom......her absence and all the rest going on lately.....makes her...and I really hope just temporarily......not her amazing, exciting self. It is a two way deal, but I believe Maria is losing more by not being a part of the US Open, than the Open is losing by not being a part of her 2013 life.
I didn't drive at. I just asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
on blue an green clay, which are absolutely different surfaces to the red clay at Philippe Chatrier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
she certainly lit a torch up yo ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpova View Post
Things lose their charm the minute money becomes involved.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #178
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

If by 'boring' you mean 'quieter', then yes.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #179
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

She eventually would get outclassed by Serena or Azarenka... or maybe some random scrub like Wimbledon

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #180
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. I miss Maria, but surprisingly, I didn't find the women's event lacking without her.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote