Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova? - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #151
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Doomsday, you don't seriously want to go down this road do you?

As often as you yourself have thrown "shade" and worse against Serena and her fans, NOW you are pretending to be offended.
Dude, just stop.

You can't throw stones in a glass house, and not expect people to remember the damage you yourself have caused.
Just a bit of advice.
I'm not sure you can blame me for the damage you guys have, maybe America but not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
Pretty sure you mean the other way around, right? ...unless you've been hangin' out with Maria

Anyway, I tend to agree that she's on the edge mentally regarding what she wants to do. I have a feeling though that time away from the game, a little mental refreshing period, she'll find herself back on court and hungry for the challenge. I think it's good for the game that she remain in the mix. Not because all of the corporate bullshit, but because of the quality of tennis she's capable of bringing.

Also, the thing that's missing is the additional storyline she provides.

Drama is about conflict and tension. Maria provides that. But that's true of any elite player. Unfortunately for Maria, I don't think she would have remained around long enough to maximize the conflict and tension she brings.
This is just your very biased opinion.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #152
country flag AngieKerBear

AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice AngieKerBear is just really nice

I miss her and the draw would have been interesting to. I hope she comes back, but she might just stick with her new biz. Anyone know when she returns?
AngieKerBear is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #153
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I'm not sure you can blame me for the damage you guys have, maybe America but not me.

You sound ridiculous.

1) No bias necessary. Her form leading up to the Open hasn't been good.

EDIT: Unless you're saying that Stephens and Larcher DeBrito beat her when she's was at her best?

2) Of course it's my "opinion." As is everything YOU say yours. But I have no reason to not want to see her at the open. What reason could I possibly have?
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #154
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
You sound ridiculous.

1) No bias necessary. Her form leading up to the Open hasn't been good.

EDIT: Unless you're saying that Stephens and Larcher DeBrito beat her when she's was at her best?
And last year she didn't play any warm up yet she reached the semis. And it's not like the level of competition has been scary this fortnight, except Serena and Li the competition is dire.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #155
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I am a very intense fan of Maria...getting close to a decade, now. I am seeing signs that you might get your wish.....something about her photos lately....kind of hard to pinpoint. There are shallow reasons......I think it is too bad for tennis that Kournikova was not a better player.....I can say this....Maria is kind of boring without the US Open. There needs to be a solid world class player foundation to justify that level of commercial success....just ask Kournikova. She did well....but not 30 million a year well.

I hope she comes back to comment on Serena's match next year.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #156
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And last year she didn't play any warm up yet she reached the semis. And it's not like the level of competition has been scary this fortnight, except Serena and Li the competition is dire.
Last year, she was in better fitness and not nursing a the shoulder condition and hadn't suffered humiliating losses, further highlighting her poor form.

It's one thing to not come in without warm up. It's another to come in out of shape, ailing and in bad form.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #157
country flag eddyhanty

eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all

Don't miss her at all...but hope she's not injured for too long.
eddyhanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #158
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

To my surprise I feel like there's something missing. Idk... Though the tournament is pretty fun this year.

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #159
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm not sure what you meant by this, but okay.

Anyway, I responded to the thread question without criticizing Sharapova, so I'm not sure what your problem is.
And I still contend that she would not have done well here, regardless of the shoulder problem.
Fact is, after the FO, she's been mentally deficient, to say the least. And her results have demonstrated that, IMHO.
And those results had nothing to do with the shoulder.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #160
country flag KarlyM*

KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold

If by "boring" you mean "quieter," then yes - otherwise no.
KarlyM* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #161
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

Surprisingly I don't miss her at all. I m a bit tired of her being embarrassed by Serena and then acting as nothing happens saying Seles is the strongest opponent she ever faced.Oh and I'm also a bit tired of her photoshoots always with the same 'sexy' squeezed eyes

Supporter of the lefties Safarova, Kerber and Benesova trying to replace the great Patty Schnyder

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha
TheHangover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #162
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsColinKaep View Post
this. haven't really thought about her until this thread.

and bam i've forgotten about her again.
Nice try You magically "forget" about the person you spend most of your posts on this forum berating and ridiculing. I mean check your own post count, awful lot of posts about someone you "forget" about. I got the joke though! Don't worry.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #163
country flag LUXXXAS
Team WTAworld

LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute

NO! we have other ballbashers...
LUXXXAS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #164
country flag il dragone

il dragone has disabled reputation

is she qualified for istanbul?
il dragone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #165
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by il dragone View Post
is she qualified for istanbul?
she is, but she won't be there anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote