Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #136
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of
Re: Does Anyone Think That the US Open Is Boring Without Sharapova?

^^ Sorry my dear, but I wasn't attacking you at all. I didn't change my posts, so you can quote my ''attacks''

And if you believe or not, I haven't heard anything about you until now. But unfortunately my english is too bad to waste time with arguing.
And yes I see, shouldn't even start.

2004 2006 2008 2012

Giorgi
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #137
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
So NOW you want to hold a conversation?!?!?!!?!?!

Seriously...?

Why didn't you reply this way to begin with?
And contrary to what you may have heard about me, I'm always willing and open to discussing any player.
But not with posters who attack first, then engage later.

And btw,
Why did you completely change your previous offensive post to me?

Sorry. Not falling for it.
@ you playing the victim. You're attacking Maria and her fans in almost every post of yours in this very same thread.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #138
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
^^ Sorry my dear, but I wasn't attacking you at all. I didn't change my posts, so you can quote my ''attacks''

And if you believe or not, I haven't heard anything about you until now. But unfortunately my english is too bad to waste time with arguing.
And yes I see, shouldn't even start.
True. Not in this thread.
So I stand corrected.
However, you have in recent postings in reply to me.
And hey, I'm man enough to admit that I'm wrong it in this instance.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #139
country flag RadWANDska

RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future

Quote:
Honestly, the way Sharapova has been playing, are her supporters sure that they would have wanted her competing here?
At this point, a lowly qualifier would have snatched her wig. Then where you she be?
RadWANDska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #140
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
@ you playing the victim. You're attacking Maria and her fans in almost every post of yours in this very same thread.

Doomsday...ummm...this is between me and MaSharp.
Why are you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong?
Plus, I already admitted fault.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #141
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Doomsday...ummm...this is between me and MaSharp.
Why are you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong?
Plus, I already admitted fault.
Because you were already in here throwing shade to Maria so why are you acting all surprised when some fans of her caught you and "attacked" you

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #142
country flag RadWANDska

RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future

Quote:

I know. I'm so entertained by RVD's projection, it's just hysterical. Every time I come onto this board I have a good old laugh @ RVD. So entertaining. You should do the same. It's really funny if you look at it as someone who sees themselves so different to how they come across to others.
RadWANDska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #143
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
Hope she's gone for good. That's my answer.
I am a very intense fan of Maria...getting close to a decade, now. I am seeing signs that you might get your wish.....something about her photos lately....kind of hard to pinpoint. There are shallow reasons......I think it is too bad for tennis that Kournikova was not a better player.....I can say this....Maria is kind of boring without the US Open. There needs to be a solid world class player foundation to justify that level of commercial success....just ask Kournikova. She did well....but not 30 million a year well.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #144
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntosake View Post
Ok, I do like it when everybody is in the mix, but it's still not boring and actually it's just like she's here anyway. I hear her everytime Vika plays and we saw her tonight in the Serena match.

*B
artoli*Haynes *A.Bondarenko*Safarova*Zheng*

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Blake*Baghdatis*Safin*Monfils*Moya*

*Santoro*Mirnyi*Tsonga*Young*Gulbis*Murray*
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #145
country flag RVD

Quote:
Because you were already in here throwing shade to Maria so why are you acting all surprised when some fans of her caught you and "attacked" you

I say again...
I admit fault when shown to be valid.

But let's not confuse personal attacks with criticism of a player.
And I will continue to criticize any player if they deserve it. PERIOD.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #146
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of TennisPhan has much to be proud of

yes where is barbie?
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #147
country flag doomsday

Quote:
I say again...
I admit fault when shown to be valid.

But let's not confuse personal attacks with criticism of a player.
And I will continue to criticize any player if they deserve it. PERIOD.
Cause now Maria deserve to be criticized, and for what exactly ?
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #148
country flag sashay

sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold sashay is a splendid one to behold

No..in fact I can't wait until she official retires so I wouldn't have to see her clumsy ass on a tennis court ever again. The noise emanating from her mouth is disturbing and to watch her clunky movements on the court is annoying. So no; not missed. Enjoy your paddle boarding Maria, don't hurry back.
sashay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #149
country flag RVD

Quote:
Cause now Maria deserve to be criticized, and for what exactly ?
Doomsday, you don't seriously want to go down this road do you?

As often as you yourself have thrown "shade" and worse against Serena and her fans, NOW you are pretending to be offended.
Dude, just stop.

You can't throw stones in a glass house, and not expect people to remember the damage you yourself have caused.
Just a bit of advice.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #150
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I am a very intense fan of Maria...getting close to a decade, now. I am seeing signs that you might get your wish.....something about her photos lately....kind of hard to pinpoint. There are shallow reasons......I think it is too bad for tennis that Kournikova was not a better player.....I can say this....Maria is kind of boring without the US Open. There needs to be a solid world class player foundation to justify that level of commercial success....just ask Kournikova. She did well....but not 30 million a year well.
Pretty sure you mean the other way around, right? ...unless you've been hangin' out with Maria

Anyway, I tend to agree that she's on the edge mentally regarding what she wants to do. I have a feeling though that time away from the game, a little mental refreshing period, she'll find herself back on court and hungry for the challenge. I think it's good for the game that she remain in the mix. Not because all of the corporate bullshit, but because of the quality of tennis she's capable of bringing.

Also, the thing that's missing is the additional storyline she provides.

Drama is about conflict and tension. Maria provides that. But that's true of any elite player. Unfortunately for Maria, I don't think she would have remained around long enough to maximize the conflict and tension she brings.
DOUBLEFIST is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote