How good is your serve? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #16
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good is your serve?

I would say that my first serve is very good and is my biggest weapon. Pretty consistent on a good day. However, my second serve sucks i just get it in with backspin (i like to believe the backspin makes my 2nd serve "tricky")

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #17
country flag tennispro711

tennispro711 is an unknown quantity at this point

My serve was actually the worst in my club 3 weeks ago and my coach just kept telling me i was holding my wrist wrong but i got this wrist support called the eaziace and now he said i have on of the best serves in the club im so happy with myself
tennispro711 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #18
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

It can be good at times but my second serve is

Can someone give me some useful tips?

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin and Lauren Davis
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #19
country flag uchickenvn

uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all

I use underhand serves all the time and get more success than my regular serves
uchickenvn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #20
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

Not that good. I don't jump enough, coz I'm lazy. My second serve is just to start a point
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #21
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
My first serve used to be pretty good. I was getting good compliments every single week from my instructor. Once I stopped lessons because it was draining my bank account, my serve went crappy as expected. I can hit some nice flat down the T serves on the deuce side, but they aren't fast, and a lot of the times land too central in the service box.
Wow. That is really good! I can only do that from the advantage side
MichaelN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 05:35 AM   #22
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

Can hit flat serves down the middle on the deuce court, sometimes on the AD as well but to a lesser extent. Second serve is reliable but ridiculously slow with no variation. Can only hit a serve out wide if I mis-hit the ball
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #23
country flag emotion

emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light emotion is a glorious beacon of light

It's pretty awful. Very very flat, second serve tends to either lead to tons of double faults or get killed. It has days that it's a weapon but more often it's a liability. I once broke a rib serving (yes really) and I have back problems, so form has been beyond awful for years, trying to get it back to normal.

Also supporting Radwanska, Date-Krumm, Cibulkova, Zheng and Pennetta

Rooting against S. Williams, Bouchard and Oudin
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #24
country flag Cheda 16.17

Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future Cheda 16.17 has a brilliant future

First is pretty good, but second is awful!
Doubles: 2013 ITF Koksijde w/TheJoh, ITF Westende-Middelkerke w/TheJoh; 2014- WTA Auckland w/TheJoh, ITF Tinajo II w/TTomek, ITF Osprey w/TheJoh, WTA s'Hertogenbosch w/TheJoh, ITF Contrexeville w/TheJoh

Wimbledon 2013: #BestCarrer Entrance: as Alt Played R3
Cheda 16.17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 11:59 PM   #25
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Haahahah my first and second serves are like average probably sub average according to my coach, I can place them well but Im still working on the power technique fastest serve I've hit is probably 145-150km/h (90-93 mph), and my second serve around 85-90km/h (50-55 mph). So I think its okay considering my age.
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #26
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

My first serve is so hard and potent it makes all women within a 100m radius pregnant. Flattens out nicely, or with a little bit of slice curls away from the righthander's BH or jams the body.

My second serve has improved significantly in the last couple of years. Used to just be lefty slice, canopener in the ad court, but I've developed a nice kicker to mix it up.

I serve and volley a lot and I rarely get broken. Shame my returning game is so pants.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #27
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Good speed for a recreational player. Maybe 170? I have a slice serve and am working on developing a better topspin... The whole thing is very erratic though

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #28
country flag Bad Blood
私を強姦してくださいお兄ちゃん

Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute

My first serve floats around the 85-90 mph range . My second serve is literally just about the same, I'm a little short so it's hard for me to add power.

My placement is good though, I can hit every spot in the box from either side and that's the main reason why I survive my games lol. Horrible speed, excellent placement. I wish I had it easy like Serena and could just get aces, I average like 1 every 20 sets

Bad Blood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 08:31 PM   #29
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

my weakest "shot"
i have no clue, there is always something wrong, it starts with a ivanovic like ball throw
then the timing is totally shitty etc. etc.
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 09:38 PM   #30
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

My serve is ok its not the most amazing serve but I am getting a mean kicker on the second and its winning me quite a few easy points, I do not hit too many aces and can hit a few DFs in a match. If its windy then a lot of DFs but I cannot be annoyed with it, it starts the point for me
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote